Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

wmw999

Jane Goodall on Donald Trump:

“In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals,” [Goodall] told me shortly before Trump won the GOP nomination. “In order to impress rivals, males seeking to rise in the dominance hierarchy perform spectacular displays: stamping, slapping the ground, dragging branches, throwing rocks. The more vigorous and imaginative the display, the faster the individual is likely to rise in the hierarchy, and the longer he is likely to maintain that position.”

From NY Magazine
:)

Wendy P.

Sad to note such a respected scientist and anthropologist now get a legacy as just another partisan hack. The entire statement is meaningless and totally empty of substance.

When I hit my 80's, I hope all my acts of past are not marginalized and forgotten after I step into the ring of ugly partisan ranting.

According to the surveys here, the plurality here want Trump. Are we now all reduced to a bunch of apes from the elitist corporate servants? Is this the way it will be?

I

There is still lots of time to learn it..

DrSher

When I hit my 80's, I hope all my acts of past are not marginalized and forgotten after I step into the ring of ugly partisan ranting.

I don't think you will have to wait that long (hit your 80s). Based on your posts here anyway, it seems like you are already there (in the ring).
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

It's the only way it makes sense. 'For that reason alone' refers to what I quoted - the bit that I missed out is another reason. If you meant 'for these reasons' that's different.
***No, this was a substantive part of the entire sentence. You can quote me all you want, but then you need to show SOME intellectual honesty as well.

It was an irrelevant part of the sentence. The reason that was 'alone' stands alone. Any other reasons you gave were unconnected.

Trump is a realist? Trump claims that he can make Putin back off from the Ukraine just because he, Trump, would be the one doing the asking. He thinks he's the Vlad whisperer. He's in a fantasy world.
***Stop the nonsense talk. Putin is not going away.

Why are you under the impression that I can make Trump stop talking nonsense?

And you think Trump, who said there was "no choice" but to confront ISIS in Syria using a deployment of 30,000 ground troops, is the guy to walk away?
**Don't you think it will be EASY to take out ISIS once we get in agreement with Russia?

About as easy as taking out Iraq's army in 2003. Oh wait, that's why we're now faced with ISIS. If you think the world is that simple then no wonder Trumps baby-talk solutions appeal to you. Also not really sure how easy an agreement with Russia will be after Trump throws is toys out of the pram upon finding Putin wont do what he wants him to.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Why? Because I am among the 75% here who does not support Hillary,?

The crowd here is dominated white middle aged males with a strong bias toward past military service. Like skydiving in general. It does not really represent all of America.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I have been watching Fox News lately, since the owner of a guest house Im staying endorse Trump and of course only watch Fox.

In less than 3 minutes I counted trump name been said 22 times, hillery 7.

The best way to look at Fox news, is like the North Korean State Channel. Brain washing at its best. It is sad how low you can go. Sorry to say, but that is what it is.

And now today:
======================
NY Attorney General's Probe Of Trump Foundation Appears To Widen

ByTierney Sneed
September 29, 2016, 11:07 AM EDT

The New York attorney general's investigation of the Donald J. Trump Foundation appears to have broadened to include new allegations of self-dealing by Trump that surfaced after the probe began, TPM has learned.

The town of Palm Beach, Florida, has provided documents to the New York Attorney General's Office as part of the probe, a lawyer for the town confirmed to TPM on Wednesday. The documents relate to a legal dispute that Trump settled with the town using foundation money. The details of the 2007 Palm Beach case were first reported by the Washington Post last week.

"The New York Attorney General’s Office did contact me in regard to this matter," John Randolph, the Palm Beach town attorney, told TPM Wednesday evening. "I just sent them the documents that I had previously sent to the Washington Post."

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman had announced earlier this month, before the Washington Post's reporting on the Palm Beach case, that his office had opened an investigation into Trump Foundation after it was reported that Trump had used foundation money to buy personal gifts for himself.
=========================

Hi 434,

Who is your man or woman in office?

It does look as though a number of newspapers are making their choices:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/conservative-newspapers-breaking-tradition-abandon-trump-n656911

"Trump's candidacy has put conservative editorial boards in the same position many Republican lawmakers and voters also find themselves. They are forced to choose between a GOP presidential nominee whose unpalatable temperament and lack of policy specifics are disqualifying for a potential commander-in-chief . . . "

Jerry Baumchen

Today's story - Trump wants people to watch sex tapes.
====================
Trump Tweets About Sex Tape as Campaign Struggles to Regroup

The salvos are part of an ongoing struggle between Trump and his aides about how to coordinate a cohesive strategy against Clinton.
Jennifer Jacobs
September 30, 2016 — 6:06 AM PDT

With the urgency of a presidential election 38 days away, the Republican nominee is urging voters to check out a “sex tape.”

In a series of tweets posted before dawn, Donald Trump slammed Alicia Machado as “my worst Miss U” and told his followers not to believe any anonymously sourced reports about his campaign, attempting to address two of the reasons why he’s been having a tough time rebounding from his performance in the first debate on Monday.

The social-media salvos—including an apparent reference to suggestive footage that reportedly exists from Machado’s stint on a Spanish reality-TV show—are part of an ongoing struggle between Trump and his aides about how to coordinate a cohesive strategy against Democrat Hillary Clinton. While some pushed for attacking former President Bill Clinton’s infidelities, others said Trump should focus his criticism on the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton’s use of a private e-mail server to handle government business at the State Department.

On Thursday, Trump expressed an openness to the personal attacks, telling NH1 News “we’ll see what happens” at the next debate Oct. 9.

Clinton cited Machado, the 1996 winner of the Miss Universe pageant, in Monday’s debate, saying Trump called the Venezuelan “Miss Piggy” after she gained weight. “She has become a U.S. citizen and you can bet she’s going to vote,” Clinton said.

Clinton on Friday said called Trump's tweets ``unhinged, even for him.'' She said at a campaign rally in Coral Springs, Florida, that ``it proves yet again he is temperamentally unfit to be president and commander in chief.''

Machado responded on Instagram. “The Republican candidate and his campaign team are again generating attacks, insults and trying to revive defamations and false accusations about my life,” Machado wrote in Spanish. “All of this with the purpose of intimidating me, humiliating me, and unbalancing me once again. The attacks that have surfaced are smears and cheap lies generated with bad intentions that don't have foundation and that have been been spread by sensationalist media.”

Clinton called Machado on her way to Coral Springs and thanked her for the "courage'' she's shown, campaign spokesman Nick Merrill said. The call lasted about five minutes. Clinton adviser Jennifer Palmieri told reporters earlier in the day that neither Clinton nor her campaign helped Machado get U.S. citizenship.

Trump had no regrets. While aboard his plane in Michigan, where he made a campaign stop, Trump tweeted: ``For those few people knocking me for tweeting at three o'clock in the morning, at least you know I will be there, awake, to answer the call!''

Inside Trump Tower on Thursday, the nominee’s daughter Ivanka greeted campaign CEO Steve Bannon with a big smile and broke into a comfortable conversation with him.

But the bad news keeps rolling in. The editorial boards of the Arizona Republic and Detroit News this week broke 100-year-plus traditions of endorsing Republicans, while USA Today took sides for the first time in its history to urge Americans not to vote for Trump. A survey by Gallup found that 61 percent of those who watched the debate believe Clinton won, a 34-point victory over Trump. Battleground polls have showed improvements for Clinton.

“This has been a bad week for him,” said Joe Watkins, former aide to President George W. Bush. “Despite his efforts to spin it otherwise, it was clear that most Americans thought Hillary Clinton won the debate and that she clearly has more substance on the issues. Part of his challenge is to win a larger percentage of women and he’s having trouble doing that.”
=======

Some Republicans on Trump, this week:

“Republicans are a bunch of frightened rabbits. Unfortunately, we have a party made up of a bunch of people who get frightened very easily, and their hands start to shake whenever something happens that they don’t like.” - Rudy Giuliani

Sen. McConnell bluntly swept aside questions about Trump.
“This is not something that I am going to discuss today,”
Pressed by a reporter about why he would not speak about Trump, McConnell replied, “Because I choose not to.”

When Speaker Ryan was asked to comment on Trump’s attacks Tuesday on Machado, the Wisconsin Republican demurred: “I was working out and working this morning. I didn’t watch.”

Embattled GOP senators found various ways to avoid evaluating Trump’s debate turn.

“I didn’t see it, guys. I was on an airplane,” Florida’s Marco Rubio told reporters.

“I have no idea. I’m not a pundit,” Wisconsin’s Ron Johnson said.

Terry Sullivan, a veteran GOP consultant who managed Rubio’s presidential campaign, said: “He’s definitely hurting the party if for no other reason than these candidates keep getting asked about stupid Trump crap. At best, he is a distraction for these candidates — and at worst, he’s a huge drag on the ticket.”

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.