Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

Are you deliberately ignoring my question in post #1873 or, are you stumped for a positive answer? If it is the latter, I understand.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'll let take a stab at that (what Hillary will do that's good for America).

I probably won't vote for her, but based on her track record in college and in the senate, she'll try to figure out who is willing to talk to build a consensus that will move in a direction that many sides think is productive. It won't be fully satisfying to much of anyone, that's the nature of consensus.

All those different viewpoints are a part of America. Disagreeing with them doesn't make them go away, nor will "those people" who hold them go away. Except for undocumented aliens, they have a right to be here; they're eithe citizens, or legal immigrants. So ignoring them, or bullying them, in in the long run counterproductive. Maybe satisfying in the short run (like rubbing another kids 's nose in the dirt), but rarely good in the end. Bullying breeds resentment, which is an almost completely negative emotion.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Let me get the list of RINO's that have served in Republican administrations at a high level that have said publicly they are voting for Clinton based on reports and conservative blogs.

George HW Bush
Richard Hanna - (current R-NY congressman)
Hank Paulson
Chris Shays (former R-CT congressman)
Connie Morrella (Former R-MD Congresswoman)
David Durenberger (former senator R-MN)
Larry Pressler (former R-SD Senator)
William Milliken (Former R-MI Governor)
Arne Carlson (former R-MN governor)
Mark Salter
Richard Armitage
Frank Lavin (Reagan political director)
Doug Elmets (Reagan spokesman)
Fred Goldberg Jr
Brent Scowcroft
James Glassman
Carlos Gutierrez
Louis Sullivan
Rosario Marin
John Negroponte - (DNI,DSS, Reagan DNSA)
Richard Armitage
James Clad
Richard Painter
William Reilly
Robert Blackwill
Scott Evertz
Lezlee Westine
Ashley Tellis
David Gross
James Kunder
Kori Schake
Pete Teeley
Richard Howill
William Ruckelshaus
Robert Kagan - Advisor to McCain and Romney
Pete Mansoor - CIA director aide

Business leaders that are RINOs
Marc Andreessen (#1 venture fund in the world)
Meg Witman
Harry Sloan
Chuck Robbins
Hamis Moghadam
William Oberndorf ($3million in donations to GOP since 2012)
Mike Fernandez ($4 million in donations)

Other RINOS
Maria Comella - spokesman for Christs and Giuliani
Kurt Bardella - Aide to Issa (R- CA) and spokesman for Breirbart News
Mike Treiser - Romney aide
Craig Snyder

The blogs were especially unkind to these individuals:

Suspected RINO's
Bill Kristol
Colon Powell
Condelessa Rice
John McCain
Mitt Romney
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>Are you deliberately ignoring my question in post #1873

Sorry, wanted to take the time for a serious post.

What will she do that will be good for America? Here's what I see:

Work on education. Education is the best tool America has for keeping us competitive in the decades ahead. Increase preschool attendance, improve teacher training and reform curriculums in primary schools. Make it easier to get college loans.

Increase taxes. Continually cutting taxes and increasing spending will destroy us. We HAVE to increase taxes and cut spending to avoid destroying our own economy. It's just basic math - and she will increase taxes.

Sane approaches to foreign policy. She'll use approaches that have worked in the past to fight terrorism in places like Syria.

Support human rights for everyone, not just white Christian men. America was founded on the principle that everyone is equal, no matter what their skin color, religion, sexual orientation or sex is. This is especially important today with so much friction between women and men on women's rights, blacks and whites on mistreatment of blacks and the violence we see from Islamic extremists.

What will she do that will be _bad_ for America? (You didn't ask this but I'll respond anyway.)

Spend more. Increasing taxes is a start, but you also have to cut spending. She won't do that; she will spend almost as much more as the new taxes generate, which is going backwards. About all you can say good about Clinton's plan for the federal budget is that Trump's plans will raise the debt faster - but both will raise it fast.

Start more wars. She's been consistently a hawk in terms of armed conflict, and I expect that to continue - and that's not good for anyone. Again, less than Trump would be, but that's not saying much.

I have no reason to believe the world is any more stable with Hillary in charge. Her relationship to Russia is bad on a good day; the toppling of gaddafi and the ongoing attempt to get rid of Assad is breeding more warfare and she is also an embedded EU supporter in these days as well. Otherwise, she has repeatedly proven that she has no empathy or considerations for opponents or those who happen to be in the way. While her husband destroyed Yugoslavia, she is doing a good job with Syria.

Trump? Do I think he has a temper? Yes and that is also a good thing. Yelling doesn't start wars. War is pure continuation of politics when no other options exist. For that reason alone, I believe Trump will succeed to avoid many wars, based upon his views on trade. Speaking of that, it is hard to renegotiate trade deals when you are blowing up 1/2 the world at the same time. Trump is also a bit personally stingy, which is another good trait for a businessman. He would would hate to have war expenses mess up his budget. Germany today? Really? Italy today? really? Okinawa? Cradle of Karate.. Really? At least leave all these places.

On contrary, I believe America will get away from all these conflicts and let others do it. The costs of forcing our ethics, morals and laws upon other peoples, is becoming very expensive. Trump has it as one of his personal goals to get the economy straight. That will be impossible if we have more wars. Time to pull home and stay here.

There is still lots of time to learn it..

DrSher

I have no reason to believe the world is any more stable with Hillary in charge. Her relationship to Russia is bad on a good day; the toppling of gaddafi and the ongoing attempt to get rid of Assad is breeding more warfare and she is also an embedded EU supporter in these days as well. Otherwise, she has repeatedly proven that she has no empathy or considerations for opponents or those who happen to be in the way. While her husband destroyed Yugoslavia, she is doing a good job with Syria.

Trump? Do I think he has a temper? Yes and that is also a good thing. Yelling doesn't start wars. War is pure continuation of politics when no other options exist. For that reason alone, I believe Trump will succeed to avoid many wars, based upon his views on trade. He is also a bit personally stingy, which is a good trait for a businessman and would hate to have war expenses mess up his budget.

On contrary, I believe America will get away from all these conflicts and let others do it. The costs of forcing our ethics, morals and laws upon other peoples, is becoming very expensive. Trump has it as one of his personal goals to get the economy straight. That will be impossible if we have more wars. Time to pull home and stay here.

You are speaking heresy.

No white wine and cheese for you!

Trump? Do I think he has a temper? Yes and that is also a good thing. Yelling doesn't start wars. War is pure continuation of politics when no other options exist. For that reason alone, I believe Trump will succeed to avoid many wars

Sorry, what? That doesn't even make sense. Because he's angry and yells he won't start wars as a continuation of politics? How does that follow?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Omitting the last part of a sentence doesn't help you.

I have no clue what Trump is like with foreign policy, NONE. Having said that, look what we have with "experience"?! This high level foreign policy stuff is not only about having visions, but also about relationships that are not entirely based upon threats. I don't think Hilary looks upon any other country as a puppet and many of them are starting to know that.

This is why Obama and Hillary doesn't like Russia and China. They cannot be bought or bullied like all the other lackeys around. Trump is aware of this and being a realist. Russia and US can kill off everything if we choose to. And without us, nobody can destroy the planet. WE can continue to roam the globe on high horse and ride into every Pike we meet, or maybe simply start walking away more.

It's not that hard to walk away. Not at all.

DrSher

It's the only way it makes sense. 'For that reason alone' refers to what I quoted - the bit that I missed out is another reason. If you meant 'for these reasons' that's dfferent.

I don't think Hilary looks upon any other country as a puppet and many of them are starting to know that.

Good! The US looking on other countries as puppets has been a major problem for decdes.

This is why Obama and Hillary doesn't like Russia and China. They cannot be bought or bullied like all the other lackeys around. Trump is aware of this and being a realist.

Trump is a realist? Trump claims that he can make Putin back off from the Ukraine just because he, Trump, would be the one doing the asking. He thinks he's the Vlad whisperer. He's in a fantasy world.

And you think Trump, who said there was "no choice" but to confront ISIS in Syria using a deployment of 30,000 ground troops, is the guy to walk away?

You sure about that?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Trump? Do I think he has a temper? Yes and that is also a good thing. Yelling doesn't start wars. War is pure continuation of politics when no other options exist. For that reason alone, I believe Trump will succeed to avoid many wars

Sorry, what? That doesn't even make sense. Because he's angry and yells he won't start wars as a continuation of politics? How does that follow?

You Trump opponents do not take into account that Trump is a New Yorker. He talks like a New Yorker. I pay more attention to actual behavior than spoken words. Of course, both must be considered.

Around here it's all, do you know what Trump said? Hillary says this....

I will use billvon's Hillary evaluation compared to her behavior and talking points during the debates.

ETA: Trump's bio
http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/donald-trump-3378.php
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So, you have decided Trump is your man because it's safe to ignore his words. They are only meaningless lies. Except the ones that are not, and you're pretty sure you know which are which. 'Cuz you understand New Yorkers. Have I got that right?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I have only been up here four years.

I am a professionally trained observer with a master's in counseling. I have done psychiatric assessments, have a fair amount of street smarts, and am pretty good at sizing up people.

All that aside I believe Trump is God's man for this season. Not perfect mind you, but adequate to turn this situation around before it gets worse.

The past eight years has produced an unbearable escalation in social chaos. People are afraid and very angry. Trump is solution focused. Hillary is status quo focused.

ETA Graphic

jakee

It's the only way it makes sense. 'For that reason alone' refers to what I quoted - the bit that I missed out is another reason. If you meant 'for these reasons' that's different.
***No, this was a substantive part of the entire sentence. You can quote me all you want, but then you need to show SOME intellectual honesty as well.

I don't think Hilary looks upon any other country as a puppet and many of them are starting to know that.

Good! The US looking on other countries as puppets has been a major problem for decades.
**See above I think it should be crystal clear what I think about Hillary. Let me correct it then: "I don't think Hilary looks upon any other country as NOTHING BUT a puppet and many of them are starting to know that.

This is why Obama and Hillary doesn't like Russia and China. They cannot be bought or bullied like all the other lackeys around. Trump is aware of this and being a realist.

Trump is a realist? Trump claims that he can make Putin back off from the Ukraine just because he, Trump, would be the one doing the asking. He thinks he's the Vlad whisperer. He's in a fantasy world.
***Stop the nonsense talk. Putin is not going away. He is very popular in Russia. The entire Ukraine ordeal is entirely to blame on EU and our meddling there. What would YOU do with the Ukraine conflict? Ship tanks, men and planes over there? Finally, when it comes to Crimea, it has always been Russian; currently IS Russian and will remain so. American chastising Russia for using too much military aggression. Now that is RICH!!

And you think Trump, who said there was "no choice" but to confront ISIS in Syria using a deployment of 30,000 ground troops, is the guy to walk away?
**Don't you think it will be EASY to take out ISIS once we get in agreement with Russia? If we had not given arms to the jihadists over there, this would not have been an issue. As long as USA is fueling this conflict, along with the Saudis and other Wahabist league members, ISIS will be going strong as before. This would be over in a week once we get to agreement with the Russians. Let's do something together and avoid dragging each other into a nuclear world war.

You sure about that?
**That Trump will be less of a threat to world peace than a proven warmonger? That someone who wants to have a GOOD relationship to the only nation who can destroy us in minutes; instead of trying to undermine their zone of influence?
ABSOLUTELY. War is too expensive and bad for business.

Like some other wise man said: "You got to know when to hold and; know when to when to fold and; know when to walk away, know when to run".

When you call or raise with bad cards, you are relying upon bluffing and intimidation. Kind of like USA foreign policy is nowadays.

Hillary will/may very well bring us into a WW3. This elitist league have it all figured out and ready to move to the salt mines while the subjects can deal with the radiation. So many of the globalists supporters and Uber-billionaires will be totally fine in such an event. This is the same crowd that seems to be so visionary about "population control" as well.

Finally, peace and a good relationship to Russia is more important than anything else in these days. Together, these nations could do most of the significant control with arms and proliferation.

RonD1120

I have only been up here four years.

I am a professionally trained observer with a master's in counseling. I have done psychiatric assessments, have a fair amount of street smarts, and am pretty good at sizing up people.

All that aside I believe Trump is God's man for this season. Not perfect mind you, but adequate to turn this situation around before it gets worse.

The past eight years has produced an unbearable escalation in social chaos. People are afraid and very angry. Trump is solution focused. Hillary is status quo focused.

Ditto.

I take care of PTSD; drug addiction; people claiming disability; police exams; married couples in conflict and a multitude of people in different life situations due to mental, physical or social situations.

Otherwise, I have lived in 5 different counties for over a year; speak at least 15 languages with fluency in at least 6 of those and am also working towards a PhD in philosophy. Like you, I think it has given me a slight edge in evaluating people.

People who stoically defend Hillary at this point don't give a darn about facts any more. So many of those people loved Julian Assange when he released the Manning files. Now, the same people have pundits advocating for assassination of him.

Nothing appears normal about Hillary and even questioning her health is grounds for a super-MAXX it seems. Yes, Trump is very results-focused. A business man HAS to be, there is no government to bail him/her out and neither can you blame others.

Even though her major initiative, the Clinton healthcare plan, failed (due to Republican obstruction), you cannot deny that it laid ground for what we have today, the Affordable Healthcare Act, something Clinton supports and would continue.
She played a leading role in the development of State Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provides the much-needed state support for children whose parents cannot afford nor provide them with adequate healthcare coverage.
She was also instrumental in the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.
Successfully fought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and asthma at the National Institute of Health (NIH).
She spearheaded investigations into mental illness plaguing veterans of the Gulf War; we now have a term for it – Gulf War Syndrome.
At the Department of Justice, she helped create the office on Violence Against Women.
She was instrumental in securing over $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
Took a leading role in the investigation of health consequences of first responders and drafted the first bill to compensate and offer the health services our first responders deserve (Clinton’s successor in the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, passed the bill).
Was instrumental in working out a bi-partisan compromise to address civil liberty abuses for the renewal of the U.S. Patriot Act.
Proposed a revival of the New Deal-era Home Owners’ Loan Corporation to help homeowners refinance their mortgages in the wake of the 2008 financial disaster.
Was a major proponent of sensible diplomacy which brought about a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, and brokered human rights with Burma.
Oversaw free trade agreements with our allies such as Panama, Colombia, and South Korea.
Was the most traveled Secretary of State to date.
The Clinton Foundation, founded by her and her husband, has improved the living conditions for nearly 400 million people in over 180 countries through its Initiative program.

That was amazingly easy to find, yet I'm struggling to find any accomplishments of The Don, but I can find plenty of bad about him.
Hell there was about 250 million bad things reported yesterday.;)

>Trump? Do I think he has a temper? Yes and that is also a good thing. Yelling
>doesn't start wars.

I agree 100%. Put someone responsible in the White House, and then let Trump yell all he wants. Appoint him Minister of Rancorous Communications.

Yelling doesn't start wars - using nuclear weapons does.

>Trump is also a bit personally stingy

Trump is personally very lavish. Check out the picture of him posing with his latest wife and son on a golden throne.

Trump is very stingy with the people who work for him. Google how many times he has refused to pay workers at his companies.

>I have no reason to believe the world is any more stable with Hillary in charge.
>Her relationship to Russia is bad on a good day; the toppling of gaddafi and the
>ongoing attempt to get rid of Assad is breeding more warfare . . .

It's remarkable that a presidential election can drive right wingers to support someone like Gaddafi and countries like Syria and Russia. I have zero doubt that if a republican had been in the presidency for the last eight years, and similar things happened, the right wing would now be condemning as traitors and terrorist supporters anyone who wished Gaddafi had not been taken out.

Jane Goodall on Donald Trump:

“In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals,” [Goodall] told me shortly before Trump won the GOP nomination. “In order to impress rivals, males seeking to rise in the dominance hierarchy perform spectacular displays: stamping, slapping the ground, dragging branches, throwing rocks. The more vigorous and imaginative the display, the faster the individual is likely to rise in the hierarchy, and the longer he is likely to maintain that position.”

From NY Magazine
:)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am a professionally trained observer with a master's in counseling.

Just out of curiosity, what academic institution offers a masters program in "counseling".
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.