Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

Coreeece

***You **claimed** to be comparing "educated Clinton supporters." with "uneducated Trump supporters" (YOUR words) yet provided data that contained no information on educational levels. You got called on it and now are trying to weasel your way out of it.

It's very simple.

Jerry said that Trump supporters tend to have a low intellect, and Billvon showed exit polls among other data that suggests they are less educated and have the worst grammar skills among supporters of all other candidates.

Now tho they may be less educated, I showed exit polling data that suggests they still tend to be more successful financially than supporters of any democrat.

...but I know - you object to the part about me saying "educated Clinton supporter" - Ok, shame on me.:D

I hate to tell all of you debating voter intellect and imagined links to intellect. There is one vote per person, rich or poor, smart or stupid.

Thats why I always say. Vote early and vote often.:D

Coreeece

***You **claimed** to be comparing "educated Clinton supporters." with "uneducated Trump supporters" (YOUR words) yet provided data that contained no information on educational levels. You got called on it and now are trying to weasel your way out of it.

It's very simple.

Jerry said that Trump supporters tend to have a low intellect, and Billvon showed exit polls among other data that suggests they are less educated and have the worst grammar skills among supporters of all other candidates.

Now tho they may be less educated, I showed exit polling data that suggests they still tend to be more successful financially than supporters of any democrat.

...but I know - you object to the part about me saying "educated Clinton supporter" - Ok, shame on me.:D

Weasel weasel weasel

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Coreeece

***>Weasel weasel weasel

Your one warning.

He'll just say that "weasel" is a verb.:D

I think is actually was. But so what? It crosses the threshold just on childishness alone!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

No - the meaningless, but amusing anecdotal evidence was just icing on the cake.

The meaningless anecdotal data is just meaningless - but that's all you needed to acknowledge, instead of spinning it out so much.

It wasn't needed to prove the point because the data from the study already did that for me.

All you're doing is nit-picking the anecdote to draw attention away from the facts of the study.

You didn't post any links to any data from any study until after I had already replied to your meaningless anecdote and you had replied to me defending your use of it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***It wasn't needed to prove the point because the data from the study already did that for me.

All you're doing is nit-picking the anecdote to draw attention away from the facts of the study.

You didn't post any links to any data from any study until after I had already replied to your meaningless anecdote and you had replied to me defending your use of it.

Dude, that's kind of lame. I gave the data in my reply to you in post #1640 which you ignored. Your response to my anecdote was in post #1643.

Surely you're not of the Normiss mentality to think that I would instinctively pull those numbers out of my ass - Maybe I should play the lotto.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

hahaha, classic.
the first time in about 5 years I open the speakers corner forum I see a poll where 58 are for Hilary and 105 are for Donald :-)
Now I know again why I don't read this forum if this poll reflects the political position and intelligence of the people who post here :-)
Hilary is not the best choice in my opinion but believe me dear mericans, Donald is a very bad joke, clown, psychopath, extremely stupid, racist, sexist, dangerous (because of the combination of stupidity, narcissism and lack of education) and a bad joke (did I already mention this?).
Dear Mercians, that Donald made it that far says a lot about your country. I am more scared of the USA than of the whole Middle East.
If Donald is elected, it is like giving a loaded gun to a toddler, which maybe seems not a big deal for most Americans anyway :-)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

What I find also to be a little scary is the entirely believable (given the Donald) scenario that if he wins, he'll say something like "ha ha, fooled you, I'm actually (X), I just said all that shit to get elected" where (X) could be any position whatsoever.

And just think of his fans' reaction if that turns out to be something they disapprove of.

Turtle, this is your best-case scenario.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Why do people keep acting like the poll numbers at the top of this thread mean something? Clinton is winning the real polls all over the country.

The sad thing is that she's not winning them 100 to 0.

(And please don't anybody bother spinning this into the idea that I think Hillary is perfect and everyone should vote for her. I just can't understand why Donald is getting anyone's vote at this point.)

- Dan G

Coreeece

***>Weasel weasel weasel

Your one warning.

He'll just say that "weasel" is a verb.:D

From the Free Dictionary:

wea·sel (wē′zəl)

Phrasal Verb:

To back out of a situation or commitment in a sneaky or cowardly manner.

And you did that three times in this thread.

DanG

... I just can't understand why Donald is getting anyone's vote at this point.

Because they like him. And what he says.

Or they let their hate for HRC blind them to how awful he really is.

The "bigoted, xenophobic, sexist" demographic is turning out to be a lot bigger than anyone expected.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Mikki_ZH

hahaha, classic.
the first time in about 5 years I open the speakers corner forum I see a poll where 58 are for Hilary and 105 are for Donald :-)

Most of those votes date back to March. I suspect we'd get a different outcome if a new poll were held today.

But there will still be some who support Trump despite:

Insulting the handicapped,
insulting women,
inciting violence at his rallies,
insulting Gold Star parents,
insulting those of Mexican heritage,
insulting muslims,
insulting POWs,
encouraging a "2nd Amendment Solution" to his political opponents,
refusing to release his tax returns,
insulting a judge,
insulting other GOP candidates,
insulting the President of the United States,
losing support of senior Republicans who know him personally, due to his character problems,
losing support of 50 Republican experts on national security.

But he'll still get some votes anyway.

wolfriverjoe

***... I just can't understand why Donald is getting anyone's vote at this point.

Because they like him. And what he says.

Or they let their hate for HRC blind them to how awful he really is.

The "bigoted, xenophobic, sexist" demographic is turning out to be a lot bigger than anyone expected.

Yes, Yes and Yes. I have learnt to keep my mouth shut. I have lots of gun owning FOX viewing redneck friends. For them if its on FOX, its true. Guns mean everything.

Hillary is polarizing. trump is worse.

The entire world looks upon trump with morbid fascination. Its as if your next door neighbor got a divorce and was going to marry a paroled axe murderer. As if your co-worker got a flesh eating disease and even though their face was half eaten away. Insisted on getting orthodontic treatment.

Hi joe,

I believe that I posted on here, a number of months ago, that a lot of people are going to be very surprised to learn that a lot of their friends are bigots.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) The poll numbers on here do not surprise me.

I believe that I posted on here, a number of months ago, that a lot of people are going to be very surprised to learn that a lot of their friends are bigots.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) The poll numbers on here do not surprise me.

I also noted months ago that the membership here and in skydiving in general tends toward white and male. It includes most classes, but not so much the lowest classes. It should be no surprise that Trump appeal is stronger here than in the population as a whole.

No one has yet given me a good reason to support Trump. Not one. That is because the only reasons to do so are ones that people are just too ashamed to admit to. Trump appeals to the worst instincts of not only America, but people in general.

America will rise above the temptation of Trumpism.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Coreeece

***No one has yet given me a good reason to support Trump. Not one.

Cher, Whoopi, Miley Cyrus and Al Sarpton have all vowed to leave the country if Trump becomes president.

But who believes those people's vows?

gowlerk

******No one has yet given me a good reason to support Trump. Not one.

Cher, Whoopi, Miley Cyrus and Al Sarpton have all vowed to leave the country if Trump becomes president.

But who believes those people's vows?

Then maybe Trump will kick them out.

Coreeece

******It wasn't needed to prove the point because the data from the study already did that for me.

Dude, that's kind of lame. I gave the data in my reply to you in post #1640 which you ignored. Your response to my anecdote was in post #1643.

A very limited amount of data. Seemingly suggesting that Trump supporters are less successful than republicans as a whole?

Anyway, the point of that data and the point of your anecdote were completely different. Financial success vs being a gosh-darn down to earth sensible guy.

And even if they were the same what is your point - that for every bit of real data you post you get a free pass to make an unchallenged logical phallacy?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

*********It wasn't needed to prove the point because the data from the study already did that for me.

A very limited amount of data. Seemingly suggesting that Trump supporters are less successful than republicans as a whole?

Yes, but more successful than Hillary supporters despite Jerry and Billvon's implication that they are less educated than them.

jakee

Anyway, the point of that data and the point of your anecdote were completely different. Financial success vs being a gosh-darn down to earth sensible guy.

And even if they were the same what is your point - that for every bit of real data you post you get a free pass to make an unchallenged logical phallacy?

I can't help that the data of the study is also reflected among those with whom I associate. I can't help that my uneducated Trump supporter friends make more money than my educated liberal friends.

I would take Billvon's advice and try to find some responsible, successful, educated liberals with a consistent lifestyle, but they seem a few and far between, which might explain why democrat voters tend to make less money - there just aren't enough successful liberals to offset the whole insufferable, unsuccessful lot of them.

>I don't think he does much of anything without hearing from his advisors/lawyers first.

From all indications he does EVERYTHING without hearing from his advisors/lawyers first. Which is why his campaign is always so unprepared when asked for comment about his latest gaff, and then ends up defending him with uncoordinated, half-baked and constantly changing justifications for his antics.