Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

jclalor

After seeing how Trump handled the crying baby today, there is no doubt he's a sociopath.

I thought the last part (eviction) was okay, but he shouldn't have tried at first joking that the crying baby should stay in there, since it definitely came across as actually telling the parent to stay.

He is known to be easily distracted, but should have realized that the audience seeing it on camera was huge compared to those actually in the room, that we couldn't really hear the baby on camera, and that it would play badly on camera.

As I am australian I will not vote but am amazed with a country of 300 million folk you could not come up with better candidates than this. You have many fine people over there(I know I have traveled to the USA 8 times)

One thing I do not get is why are you scared of free health care(works here OK)

and why pay your minimum wage $7.50 more like $20 here. Maybe if the minimum wage was raised you could get rid of that awful tipping gratutity practice. GREAT PLACE TO VISIT love yanks
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

With Degree Debunked, Melania Trump Website Is Taken Down

"PHILADELPHIA — Melania Trump’s cribbing last week of Michelle Obama’s lines was not the first time she claimed something that was not hers.

For months now, reporters have noted that Ms. Trump, who grew up in the small Slovenian town of Sevnica, did not obtain an undergraduate degree in architecture from the University of Ljubljana, as her professional website claimed she did. Instead, she left after her first year to pursue a modeling career in Milan.

As recently as a week ago, Ms. Trump’s website stated that she had obtained a degree before going on to become a philanthropist and skin care entrepreneur.

On Wednesday, The Huffington Post noticed that the site had been entirely scrubbed of its content. People clicking on its address are now redirected to the Trump Organization’s website.

In a Twitter post, Ms. Trump said the website had been removed “because it does not accurately reflect my current business and professional interests.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/us/politics/melania-trump.html?mabReward=A6&action=click&pgtype=Homepage®ion=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine

Fluff and bluster seems to run in the trump family. No wonder he doesn't want to release his income tax records.

Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump Repeatedly Asked Why We Couldn’t Use Nukes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scarborough-trump-nukes_us_57a1e47ae4b0693164c347d0

SMH:S
But this is the same fool who didn't know what "nuclear triad" meant in a debate.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump Repeatedly Asked Why We Couldn’t Use Nukes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scarborough-trump-nukes_us_57a1e47ae4b0693164c347d0

SMH:S
But this is the same fool who didn't know what "nuclear triad" meant in a debate.

This raises an interesting question: can the President order a nuclear attack all on his/her own, or do they need support from Congress or anyone else? I'm talking about initiating a nuclear attack, not retaliating when enemy missiles have been launched against the US.

If The Donald got his panties in a wad and ordered a nuclear strike on Berlin because Merkle (just for the sake of an example) "disrespected" him, would the military be obligated to follow through or could they refuse?

Don

GeorgiaDon

This raises an interesting question: can the President order a nuclear attack all on his/her own, or do they need support from Congress or anyone else? I'm talking about initiating a nuclear attack, not retaliating when enemy missiles have been launched against the US.

If The Donald got his panties in a wad and ordered a nuclear strike on Berlin because Merkle (just for the sake of an example) "disrespected" him, would the military be obligated to follow through or could they refuse?

Don

Then you also get into authority vs ability.

Even if it was legal under US procedure (and I'm pretty sure you would need a Congressional declaration of war) it would be a war crime - and I would think there would be enough people in the chain who didn't want to go down as one of history's greatest mass murderers that the order would not be carried out.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Even if it was legal under US procedure (and I'm pretty sure you would need a Congressional declaration of war) it would be a war crime - and I would think there would be enough people in the chain who didn't want to go down as one of history's greatest mass murderers that the order would not be carried out.

I have complete confidence that the military would not comply with such an order. I am just interested in the process, does the President have authority on their own to launch a nuclear attack?

Ideally Congress should have to approve a declaration of war first, but there have been many military actions over the past 50 years without an actual declaration of war. Also Congress approved legislation giving Bush II blanket authority to launch an invasion of Iraq, and it has been argued that that legislation in effect gives any President authority to take a similar action without prior approval from Congress. Further, it would be trivial for a Trump administration to fabricate some pretext for immediate action, especially given their evident disdain for fact checking.

Don

>I have complete confidence that the military would not comply with such an order.

Not so sure about that. From a panel on MSNBC featuring retired Air Force general and former heard of the NSA, Michael Hayden:

=========
Scarborough: What concerns you most about Donald Trump?

Hayden: How erratic he is. I can argue about this position or that position—I do that with the current president. But he’s inconsistent. And when you’re the head of a global superpower, inconsistency, unpredictability, those are dangerous things. They frighten your friends and they tempt your enemies.

Harold Ford: General Hayden, who among your peers do you know who’s advising Mr. Trump?

Hayden: No one.

. . .

Scarborough: Several months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Mr. Trump. . . .Trump asked three times, in an hour briefing, ‘why can’t we use nuclear weapons?’

Mika Brzezinski: Be careful, America, and be careful Republican leaders. Your party is blowing up.

Scarborough: I want to ask … and it may be classified, but the steps. Donald Trump decides to use a nuclear weapon. What is the time frame between his decision and when the nuclear weapons are launched?

Hayden: Joe . . . the system is designed for speed and decisiveness, it’s not designed to debate the decision.
===========