promise5

Present to me

Maybe they are stoked to protect one's life if necessary. That's not perverse at all. Additionally humans with ill intent may not be the only threat where some people live.

The one and only time I felt compelled to produce my gun, a person tried to carjack me at a stoplight, the aggressor seeing that I was armed retreated. This allowed me time to call the police who apprehended this person. Turns out he had committed multiple crimes that day, break-ins and an assault.

Get to the range and shoot up about 300 rounds to break it in. Practice your defense. Keep your weapon clean.

A friend of mine does destructive testing on firearms. He said the Glock does not fail even when treated badly.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

promise5

Didn't mean to offend and I really didn't see anything political about posting. Yes, I'm excited about it. I enjoy shooting and the challenge that it offers.

Don't need concealed carry to shoot at the range. Concealed carry is about being able to defend yourself with deadly force. You specifically posted to be excited about being able to carry concealed, that is what people were talking about.

promise5

Didn't mean to offend and I really didn't see anything political about posting. Yes, I'm excited about it. I enjoy shooting and the challenge that it offers.

I'm not into the whole gun culture thing at all. But I do understand that guns are beautifully machined pieces of hardware, and that it's exciting for anyone when they get a new toy.

I do question the wisdom of advertising your arsenal on social media. (not so much you, and here, as some of my FB friends) A little more discretion may improve security.

Americans tend to regard weapons as toys. Because they are so common and such a large part of their identity. Shooting sports are a little like skydiving. Fun, but serious fun that needs to be well thought out. Enjoy you new weapon.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Yes I'm excited about the challenge of getting my conceal carry.
Though it's common to what I consider open carry here.

Yes I posted in Facebook :P
No I don't see guns as toys and I don't know anyone that does.
No I don't think I have an "Arsenal".

Oh well,

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

charliemike

Maybe they are stoked to protect one's life if necessary. That's not perverse at all. Additionally humans with ill intent may not be the only threat where some people live.

The one and only time I felt compelled to produce my gun, a person tried to carjack me at a stoplight, the aggressor seeing that I was armed retreated. This allowed me time to call the police who apprehended this person. Turns out he had committed multiple crimes that day, break-ins and an assault.

Isn't it telling -

I have noticed that people seem to think that other people think like they do. They also project those feelings an beliefs onto what they believe others think. In essence, it looks like people think others are little clones of themselves, or at least should be.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Maybe they are stoked to protect one's life if necessary. That's not perverse at all. Additionally humans with ill intent may not be the only threat where some people live.

Isn't it telling -

I have noticed that people seem to think that other people think like they do. They also project those feelings an beliefs onto what they believe others think. In essence, it looks like people think others are little clones of themselves, or at least should be.

Speak for yourself.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

******Maybe they are stoked to protect one's life if necessary. That's not perverse at all. Additionally humans with ill intent may not be the only threat where some people live.

Isn't it telling -

Speak for yourself.

I do, Herr Stumpy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I'm not a hoplophobe; at the same time, if I purchased a weapon, I certainly wouldn't post about it on a public forum and celebrate with a "woot." I never understood the glee people show when talking guns on these forums. Happiness about a purchase of a new rig or AAD I can understand. But guns are made for killing and so I find the celebration and back-patting odd. And I see it on these forums often.

While I also think it is less than brilliant to post about something whose concealment is part of its value/effectiveness, I also don't see anything odd about posting pictures of guns people like. Some people just like guns - and the majority of guns aren't used for killing people; they are used for hunting or just shooting for fun.

"Armed and dangerous" :P

Good on you!

Get yourself a bunch of snap caps to safely practice dry firing. This helps you regarding trigger control, proper firearm grip, drawing from holster, movement, and many other weapons skills that can always be improved on. All this practice can be done in complete privacy and total safety (no live ammo).....and on the cheap because you aren't blowing through 100's of rounds. Although having said that.....shooting is FUN!

What Ron said!!

When it works in your life.....gather up a rifle, and a shotgun. You will then have the basic "package" .

".........you can't please everyone, so you have to please your self..........." Rick Nelson.

SkyDekker

What's the challenge? You buy the gun, you conceal it, you go outside.

Typical Canadian response.

Educate yourself about the process. Why don't you even take a corse or two.

You would be better for it.

promise5

I think before you judge them you might look up what's involved in the process of getting a concealed carry license and the training it involves.

I thought you were in Alaska, no?

http://dps.alaska.gov/statewide/permitslicensing/concealedhandguns.aspx

Alaska's laws do not prohibit anyone 21 or older who may legally possess a firearm from carrying it concealed. A special permit is not required.

Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

turtlespeed

What's the challenge? You buy the gun, you conceal it, you go outside.

Typical Canadian response.

Educate yourself about the process. Why don't you even take a corse or two.

You would be better for it.

There is no process in Alaska. Try Google, maybe ask a teacher how to use it.

Yes I am in Alaska, no you don't need a permit\license to carry.
But I choose to go through the training and challenge the comes with getting one. I want to responsibly conceal carry.

Sorry for sounding snotty. I do get quirked at times.
But it's not directed at you.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

CO state has a similar bill pending: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/02/23/colorado-gop-again-advances-plan-to-end-some-gun-permits/

I favor requiring a class for the simple reason that the first thing you learn in concealed carry class is that everything you've seen in TV & movies, (and what Joe Public thinks), about using a weapon for defense is wrong.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I favor requiring a class for the simple reason that the first thing you learn in concealed carry class is that everything you've seen in TV & movies, (and what Joe Public thinks), about using a weapon for defense is wrong.

I agree a class should be required. Although the "classes" in Florida are really kind of a joke. I didn't even have to fire a weapon. But at least they taught the laws and some basic safety rules.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!