promise5

Present to me

ryoder

Agreed.:|

Be Nice!

The weapon is a good one.
I'd prefer her having one with a side safety, but - you are plowed to like what you like.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Coreeece

I wish I could see all the hoplophobic frustration in their faces every time they hear someone boasting about a gun...

I reckon it would look something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUSfXEwNsU

I'm not a hoplophobe; at the same time, if I purchased a weapon, I certainly wouldn't post about it on a public forum and celebrate with a "woot." I never understood the glee people show when talking guns on these forums. Happiness about a purchase of a new rig or AAD I can understand. But guns are made for killing and so I find the celebration and back-patting odd. And I see it on these forums often.

I'm not judging or saying anything is wrong with all of this; it is just something I don't understand.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

I'm not a hoplophobe; at the same time, if I purchased a weapon, I certainly wouldn't post about it on a public forum and celebrate with a "woot." I never understood the glee people show when talking guns on these forums.

Agreed.
There is a jumper who used to post enthusiastically here about their guns and CCW. They were eventually charged with homicide. I don't know if their posts were entered into evidence, but it sure as hell would not have helped their case.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

masterblaster72

I'm not a hoplophobe; at the same time, if I purchased a weapon, I certainly wouldn't post about it on a public forum and celebrate with a "woot." I never understood the glee people show when talking guns on these forums

Me neither I suppose, (tho my family and I don't mind showing off our arsenal to each other) but it's amazing how people are so easily offended by it.

I don't understand having 1000 friends and a lot of other bullshit people do to get attention on social media, but who gives a shit, right? - It's social media.

masterblaster72

Happiness about a purchase of a new rig or AAD I can understand.

I don't understand that either - who gives a shit what I use other than for a review? (which I still wouldn't give, not even anonymously - i just don't want to give someone advice that may lead to their death - it's a personal thing.)

Why brag? But people brag about all sorts of shit - I don't understand it, but who cares...it's social media.

masterblaster72

But guns are made for killing and so I find the celebration and back-patting odd. And I see it on these forums often.

That's fine, you just don't understand....and while you say that guns may be made for killing, the majority are not used to kill anything.

masterblaster72

I'm not judging or saying anything is wrong with all of this; it is just something I don't understand.

I can see that...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>That's fine, you just don't understand....and while you say that guns may be made for killing, the majority are not used to kill anything.

Posting about a large target rifle or IPSC competition gun, you would have a point.
But whats a concealed carry gun for? The only point to have one is to be able to kill anytime.

woot woot !

ibx

>That's fine, you just don't understand....and while you say that guns may be made for killing, the majority are not used to kill anything.

Posting about a large target rifle or IPSC competition gun, you would have a point.
But whats a concealed carry gun for? The only point to have one is to be able to kill anytime.

woot woot !

...and if that guns kills a rapist in self defense, you guessed it - woot woot!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***Happiness about a purchase of a new rig or AAD I can understand.

I don't understand that either - who gives a shit what I use other than for a review?remember the name of the forum ? Dropzone.com... About skydiving and stuff... This is not Guns&Ammo.com...
It is a good thing there is a part where we can talk politics, guns, religion etc in a "secluded" place.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

..and if that guns kills a rapist in self defense, you guessed it - woot woot!

I agree, when that happens a post maybe in order... Now it's just somebody stoked to be able to take somebody's life. I think that is perverse.