1 1

Are you Americans crazy enough to put Donald Trump in office?

nolhtairt

******The Middle East has been at war since the European and American powers decided to take away a country (Palestine) and insert a different one (Israel).

Some USians haven’t gotten over the unfairness of the civil war, and it ended 150 years ago.

Wendy P.

Israel...Egypt peace
Israel...Jordan peace
Israel...Lebanon peace

US...Japan peace and close allies.
US...Germany peace and close allies.

Don't count on Palestines having peace with Jewish state Israel. They want the impossible.

Your narrative is .....noninclusive of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_I_Accord

It's now clear: the Oslo peace accords were wrecked by Netanyahu's bad faith
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/12/oslo-israel-reneged-colonial-palestine

The author:
Avraham "Avi" Shlaim FBA (born 31 October 1945) is a historian, Emeritus Professor of International Relations at the University of Oxford and fellow of the British Academy. He is one of Israel's New Historians,[1] a group of Israeli scholars who put forward critical interpretations of the history of Zionism and Israel.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avi_Shlaim

I personally like Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, but he is allot like trump. He has a limited motivation for compromise.

Every once in a while miracles happen. Like when I posted agreement with Marc(aka Rushmc) last week.

Here is an article by someone I'm sure Marc, Ron see eye to eye with and whose premise I agree with. Pat Buchanan:

Israel’s and Bibi’s Troubled Hour of Power
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/buchanan/israels-and-bibis-troubled-hour-of-power/

billvon

>Been a good week for Trump (yes I know, depends on your perspective):

>Trump and Kim Jong Un meeting scheduled in Singapore to hash out De-nuclearization
>of Korean peninsula

Well that didn't last long.

==============
North Korea threatens to cancel Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting
David Jackson, USA TODAY
Published 3:03 p.m. ET May 15, 2018

WASHINGTON — North Korea is threatening to cancel President Trump's upcoming nuclear summit with Kim Jong Un because of joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

North Korea's Central News Agency also announced it had already canceled high-level talks with South Korean counterparts because of the drills it considers a prelude to invasion of the North.

Trump and Kim are scheduled to meet June 12 in Singapore as Trump seeks to pressure the North Koreans into giving up their nuclear weapons programs.
===============

Don't they do this every year when the joint military exercises happen?

NK threaten to pull out of some sort of talks in order to get concessions to 'come back to the table'. It's the opening gambit for their negotiating strategy, every time.

yoink

NK threaten to pull out of some sort of talks in order to get concessions to 'come back to the table'. It's the opening gambit for their negotiating strategy, every time.

Same strategy as:

ETA I see some cartoonist had the same thought.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

football.jpg

cg5aa5b94bee504.jpg

Bingo. I was thinking about Lucy holding the football too.

The only thing I find surprising about this is that anyone "in charge" is at all surprised by it.

They've said things like:

But he knew these exercises were planned when he agreed to the meeting and said that it was not an issue.

Of course, the number of people left at the State Department who have actual knowledge and experience in these things is pretty small. And getting smaller every day.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

yoink

***>Been a good week for Trump (yes I know, depends on your perspective):

>Trump and Kim Jong Un meeting scheduled in Singapore to hash out De-nuclearization
>of Korean peninsula

Well that didn't last long.

==============
North Korea threatens to cancel Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting
David Jackson, USA TODAY
Published 3:03 p.m. ET May 15, 2018

WASHINGTON — North Korea is threatening to cancel President Trump's upcoming nuclear summit with Kim Jong Un because of joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

North Korea's Central News Agency also announced it had already canceled high-level talks with South Korean counterparts because of the drills it considers a prelude to invasion of the North.

Trump and Kim are scheduled to meet June 12 in Singapore as Trump seeks to pressure the North Koreans into giving up their nuclear weapons programs.
===============

I wonder if a very angry Kim is running around yelling "who sent out that prepackaged condemnation without my orders? " And everyone else is wondering which of them will get the axe. Literally.

Phil1111

*********The Middle East has been at war since the European and American powers decided to take away a country (Palestine) and insert a different one (Israel).

Some USians haven’t gotten over the unfairness of the civil war, and it ended 150 years ago.

Wendy P.

Israel...Egypt peace
Israel...Jordan peace
Israel...Lebanon peace

US...Japan peace and close allies.
US...Germany peace and close allies.

Don't count on Palestines having peace with Jewish state Israel. They want the impossible.

Your narrative is .....noninclusive of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_I_Accord

It's now clear: the Oslo peace accords were wrecked by Netanyahu's bad faith
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/12/oslo-israel-reneged-colonial-palestine

The author:
Avraham "Avi" Shlaim FBA (born 31 October 1945) is a historian, Emeritus Professor of International Relations at the University of Oxford and fellow of the British Academy. He is one of Israel's New Historians,[1] a group of Israeli scholars who put forward critical interpretations of the history of Zionism and Israel.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avi_Shlaim

I personally like Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, but he is allot like trump. He has a limited motivation for compromise.

Every once in a while miracles happen. Like when I posted agreement with Marc(aka Rushmc) last week.

Here is an article by someone I'm sure Marc, Ron see eye to eye with and whose premise I agree with. Pat Buchanan:

Israel’s and Bibi’s Troubled Hour of Power
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/buchanan/israels-and-bibis-troubled-hour-of-power/

I'll clarify. As long as shitbag motherfucker militant groups like Hamas and Hezbollah exists, and exerts control over their regions, there will never be peace with Israel. Those groups exist solely for the goal of the destruction of Israel.

Hell, even the Hamas leader admitted himself that 50 out of the 62 (give or take) deaths in the border rioting, were Hamas operatives. Sounds to me like IDF snipers did a exceptional job.

And... even though Israel has a humanitarian side, they sent aid to Gaza. Hamas rejected the supplies.

This is what they deal with all the time. It's Hamas.

Watch Hezbollah. They're in the middle of something presently, even though Israel dealt them some serious setbacks in the airstrikes across Syria recently. It's the same old shit that crops up every few years.

DanG

You all realize that unemployment is at 3.9% right now, right? Underemployment is certainly a problem, but you make it sound like all these lazy kids (and blacks) don't want to work. The numbers say otherwise.

No, on the contrary, I'm saying that without jobs you can't work. If that's changed over the last two years then great. And maybe, just maybe, it's why places like Ferguson haven't been in the news lately.
But despite my being cautiously optimistic it's hard to imagine the manufacturing industry to spring back that quickly. But I won't complain.

wolfriverjoe

Bingo. I was thinking about Lucy holding the football too.

The only thing I find surprising about this is that anyone "in charge" is at all surprised by it.

But he knew these exercises were planned when he agreed to the meeting and said that it was not an issue.

Of course, the number of people left at the State Department who have actual knowledge and experience in these things is pretty small. And getting smaller every day.

But can you imagine what the same news people and pundits would be saying if Trump had turned down Kim's offer to talk?

Bob_Church

***You all realize that unemployment is at 3.9% right now, right? Underemployment is certainly a problem, but you make it sound like all these lazy kids (and blacks) don't want to work. The numbers say otherwise.

No, on the contrary, I'm saying that without jobs you can't work. If that's changed over the last two years then great. And maybe, just maybe, it's why places like Ferguson haven't been in the news lately.
But despite my being cautiously optimistic it's hard to imagine the manufacturing industry to spring back that quickly. But I won't complain.Currently the US unemployment rate is as low as it has been since around 1968. A few states are posting unemployment numbers so low it's literally a record and they have the lowest unemployment rate in the entire state's recorded history. Whether Trump has much to do with any of this is debatable, but for sure the workforce is doing well at the moment.

Bob_Church

***Bingo. I was thinking about Lucy holding the football too.

But can you imagine what the same news people and pundits would be saying if Trump had turned down Kim's offer to talk?

Not sure what you mean by "same news people and pundits."

When I said "People in charge", I meant SecState Pompeo, Trump and all of their spokes-critters. Along with their ROK counterparts.

Anyone who has dealt with KJU & the DPRK (or simply followed the behaviors) should not be surprised at this.

This entire summit was likely doomed before it started. KJU likely wasn't interested in sitting down and talking, or offering any real concessions. The "closing" of the test facility is looking more and more like a publicity stunt, officially 'closing' a site that is damaged beyond repair to begin with.

KJU wanted to suck Trump into thinking there was going to be a summit, to stroke his ego and make him brag. Look at how much the Trumpettes made out of it.
And Trump fell right into it. Giving KJU the prestige and prominence of sitting down across from a sitting US President as an equal. Which KJU then took up a step by saying "No, I don't want to."

So now he can say to his people something like:

"Look, he wanted to sit down with me. But his military was using this as a cover for preparations to attack us. So I said "No" and then put our military on high alert, thwarting their plans."

It's a load of crap. But it will go over rather well in the DPRK, where they are fed what KJU wants them to hear and very, very little else.

The US has had a standing offer to talk to the DPRK for a long time. But through proper channels and without giving the DPRK the ability to present themselves as equals.
Trump never should have offered to sit down with KJU one on one. But he fell prey to his own ego and ignorance.
The fact that the 'brain drain' in the State Department is ongoing and very severe didn't help. Although I highly doubt Trump would have listened to them in the first place (one of the main reasons for the ongoing departures).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

wolfriverjoe

It's a load of crap. But it will go over rather well in the DPRK, where they are fed what KJU wants them to hear and very, very little else.

Look at how easily misled and fooled Trump's followers are from similar tactics. Their restriction from real news stories, however, is voluntary.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

"When I said "People in charge", I meant SecState Pompeo, Trump and all of their spokes-critters. Along with their ROK counterparts. "

I know but I was talking about a different aspect of it all. If you're the President and Kim says "Ok, I was wrong, I want to talk and bring Peace to the area" how would you handle it?
I think this is a case where you just have to suck it up and know that yes, he'll probably use it to make you look bad, but remember how bad you'd look and feel if you didn't at least try.
Some people are just good at putting people in these positions.

Bob_Church

"When I said "People in charge", I meant SecState Pompeo, Trump and all of their spokes-critters. Along with their ROK counterparts. "

I know but I was talking about a different aspect of it all. If you're the President and Kim says "Ok, I was wrong, I want to talk and bring Peace to the area" how would you handle it?
I think this is a case where you just have to suck it up and know that yes, he'll probably use it to make you look bad, but remember how bad you'd look and feel if you didn't at least try.

You aren't wrong there, but the problem is that the president didn't do that. It wasn't agreeing to the meeting. It was all POTUS' posturing and preening that are what everyone is criticizing as uninformed. He counted his chickens as soon as he saw one egg laid.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Latest -

Bolton promised North Korea that they would follow the "Libya model" when it came to disarmament. "One thing that Libya did that led us to overcome our skepticism was that they allowed American and British observers into all their nuclear related sites. So it wasn't a question of relying on international mechanisms. We saw them in ways we had never seen before."

Of course, another thing that Libya did after disarmament was to assassinate Gaddafi by ramming a bayonet up his ass. NATO bombed his motorcade to prevent him from escaping shortly beforehand.

Not surprisingly, Kim did not like that "model." So today Trump did a 180 - “The Libya model isn’t a model we have at all." Of course the day is young.

With clear and open negotiations like that we'll have a peace agreement in no time.

Bob_Church

Well, the same thing Obama, Bush and Clinton did.

Keep the offer to talk open, but make it clear that it would not be a sit down with the President.
Send State Dept diplomats & negotiators to do the talking.
Make it clear to KJU that he needs to take concrete, verifiable steps before any concessions would be made.

What I would not do is give KJU any prestige or 'importance' by agreeing to a sit down with the President.

Or make a lot of noise that this would be leading up to anything new or 'groundbreaking' before it even happened.

Also, calling KJU names more appropriate to a grade school playground was pretty stupid.

If you're the President and Kim says "Ok, I was wrong,

He didn't say that.

I want to talk and bring Peace to the area"

The various Kim's have always said that, AFAIK.

The various presidents have always said, as noted above, "with my diplomats, not with me." For reasons that should, at this exact moment, seem rather obvious:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Wow what a ride?

So how is it going with you Trump supporters?

Wtf was you guys thinking at all in the beginning of the world biggest and worst reality show ever? Jeeezz

Trump supporters are paying attention and understand the double standard here. There's shit that Obama did that's extremely similar to what Trump is doing and it wasn't a problem. Now it is the gnashing of teeth and people crying at the Wailing Wall for one reason and one reason only. And that reason is Hillary Clinton didn't get elected and they have to have some lame-ass excuse, Ruussian collusion, to try and help themselves feel better. The great thing about all of this as it's driving more and more people to Trump. I am looking more and more forward to the midterms than I ever have!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There's shit that Obama did that's extremely similar to what Trump is doing

But you thought the shit Obama did was outrageous. You thought it made him the worst President ever, and you think Trump is the best President in living memory.

Why is it not a problem to you that Trump is doing the same things Obama did?

jakee

But you thought the shit Obama did was outrageous. You thought it made him the worst President ever, and you think Trump is the best President in living memory.

many things Obama did were wrong. And most of them I didn't comment on and some of them I did. If you get some specifics bring them up. Otherwise you just grasping at straws yet again.

at least within this post you acknowledge that there is a huge double standard. But I doubt you meant to do that.
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>There's shit that Obama did that's extremely similar to what Trump is doing

As usual.

1) He didn't do it
2) OK he did it but it's not that bad
3) Obama did it first

you got that defense down pat there Bill. You really think that makes any kind of difference? If you do fine. But it doesn't affect me in the least!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

many things Obama did were wrong. And most of them I didn't comment on and some of them I did. If you get some specifics bring them up.

Yes, please bring them up. What did Obama do that was extremely similar to what Trump jst did in Helsinki?

at least within this post you acknowledge that there is a huge double standard. But I doubt you meant to do that.

I absolutely did mean to acknowledge your huge double standard. Was that not clear?

rushmc

***>There's shit that Obama did that's extremely similar to what Trump is doing

As usual.

1) He didn't do it
2) OK he did it but it's not that bad
3) Obama did it first

you got that defense down pat there Bill. You really think that makes any kind of difference? If you do fine. But it doesn't affect me in the least!

We have to cut billvon some slack. He is working in a high-stress job, lives in a sinking state, and is trying to monitor a dynamic internet forum. He has to maintain a mental file of standard responses or he would suffer a meltdown. I still have not had any luck trying to get him to see the difference between Social Security, a paid in entitlement, and welfare to illegal immigrants.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.