RMK

Everything is better with guns

..or maybe some firearms training. No I guess, everyone in the room was quite adept at how to properly use a gun.

Oddly, temperament is never taken into account; not everyone is suited to go through life with a sidearm.

Life interactions as simple as a fast food drive-though forgetting your extra fries should not end up in weapons drawn or a "shootout".
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Oddly, temperament is never taken into account; not everyone is suited to go through life with a sidearm.

I have always argued that I bet 95% of the people out there are simply not skilled, trained or qualified enough to be the judge, jury and executioner in any given situation.

And your gun rights be damned...I do not feel safer being around some idiot with a gun.

tkhayes

And your gun rights be damned...I do not feel safer being around some idiot with a gun.

So just to be clear... Based on the above statement you believe your rights are more important than someone else's rights.
--
Rob

Is there a hierarchy of rights? Does my right to gun ownership supersede someone else's right to life if I chose wrong? Obviously there would be judicial involvement if I chose wrong, but that's a little late for the person I might have shot. Does that matter?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So just to be clear... Based on the above statement you believe your rights are more important than someone else's rights.

yes I do, just like you do.....

Rights are up for interpretation pretty much every day by courts in the country. It is called the judicial branch.

tkhayes

yes I do, just like you do.....

I don't think my rights supercede yours. Where is your right to not be afraid of a law abiding citizen enumerated in the constitution?

Rights are up for interpretation pretty much every day by courts in the country. It is called the judicial branch.

exactly. The supreme court also has ruled that the 2nd is an individual right. You don't agree. Such is your right.
--
Rob

wmw999

Is there a hierarchy of rights? Does my right to gun ownership supersede someone else's right to life if I chose wrong? Obviously there would be judicial involvement if I chose wrong, but that's a little late for the person I might have shot. Does that matter?

Wendy P.

There is no hierarchy. My right to own a gun does not interfere with anyone else's right to life. If I choose to take a life with any weapon, that is not my right and has nothing to do with someone else's right to gun ownership.

The anti-gun lobby argues that I shouldn't have the right to purchase a firearm because someone else broke the law using their firearm.
--
Rob

rhaig

That and it also seems he thinks RMK to be an idiot.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rhaig

***Is there a hierarchy of rights? Does my right to gun ownership supersede someone else's right to life if I chose wrong? Obviously there would be judicial involvement if I chose wrong, but that's a little late for the person I might have shot. Does that matter?

Wendy P.

There is no hierarchy. My right to own a gun does not interfere with anyone else's right to life. If I choose to take a life with any weapon, that is not my right and has nothing to do with someone else's right to gun ownership.

The anti-gun lobby argues that I shouldn't have the right to purchase a firearm because someone else broke the law using their firearm.

Well in that case, you should ban health care because someone mistakenly prescribed the wrong meds and someone was killed because of it.

But the ACA is for the greater good, right?

Just like my right to protect with what means I feel necessary, my family and possessions.

Why should anyone be able to say I am not allowed to do that?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is just my opinion as an ex-soldier but, in an active shooter scenario, doesn't having lots of armed, gung ho civilians running around increase the likelihood of hard working and under appreciated LEO's misidentifying the suspect and shooting an innocent person because I'm damn sure the LEO isn't going to be going around asking "Are you the good guy?". He's going to demand that they drop their weapon and if they don't do it fast enough, he's going to drop them.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

rifleman

He's going to demand that they drop their weapon and if they don't do it fast enough, he's going to drop them.

You mean respond to them based on their actions. Yeah... very likely.

I wouldn't see that as motivation to disarm. I wouldn't go out looking for the bad guy in such a situation though. It's my job to get the hell out of dodge and protect myself.

I see more and more LEO opinions of "citizens need to be able and prepared to defend themselves". I take that as a statement of understanding that officers are going to deal with armed citizens in an appropriate way.
--
Rob

RMK

helping stranded motorist (1 dead)
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article56234845.html

argument over $25 service charge (2 dead, 2 injured)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sheriff-gun-shop-shootout-25-kills-wounds-36487692

What a fucking joke.

Well, at least we'll have a fighting chance when ISIS comes for us (unless they plan on targeting a gun free zone again....)

What will the body count be when they hit the "unable to defend its self" populous of the UK?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3414721/Shocking-martyrdom-video-emerges-ISIS-Paris-attackers-carrying-beheadings-threaten-massacres-West-make-clear-UK-target.html
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

rifleman

This is just my opinion as an ex-soldier but, in an active shooter scenario, doesn't having lots of armed, gung ho civilians running around increase the likelihood of hard working and under appreciated LEO's misidentifying the suspect and shooting an innocent person because I'm damn sure the LEO isn't going to be going around asking "Are you the good guy?". He's going to demand that they drop their weapon and if they don't do it fast enough, he's going to drop them.

This is a debunked myth of the left. In all my readings I've only heard of it happening once. If I find the link again I'll post it.

Average response time in the US for a police officer in the city is 11 minutes. An untold factoid is most armed assailants (and all mass shooters in recent times) will either back down or take their own life as soon as they come in contact with an armed person.

99.99% of the time when a policeman arrives on seen and the victim was armed, the incident is either under control or the bad guy has fled (or in the case of a mass shooting, taken his own life). In the remaining instances, the victim (or other person who might have made the 911 call) is usually on the phone with police dispatch and the officer has a good idea what is going on before he arrives.

This is another case of a liberal "what if" not really matching reality.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

tkhayes

I have always argued that I bet 95% of the people out there are simply not skilled, trained or qualified enough to be the judge, jury and executioner in any given situation.

I would bet you have no idea how many times you have stood within 10 feet of someone carrying a concealed weapon

And yet you still live to post here:D

Good thing in this country?
YOU, can not damn my rights
Even though as a good liberal YOU think you should be able too

YOU, also are NOT the one to assign the idiot label to anyone
Not your job description
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jgoose71

***helping stranded motorist (1 dead)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sheriff-gun-shop-shootout-25-kills-wounds-36487692

What a fucking joke.

Well, at least we'll have a fighting chance when ISIS comes for us (unless they plan on targeting a gun free zone again....)

What will the body count be when they hit the "unable to defend its self" populous of the UK?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3414721/Shocking-martyrdom-video-emerges-ISIS-Paris-attackers-carrying-beheadings-threaten-massacres-West-make-clear-UK-target.html

I love it when people quote the daily mail :D:D:D
And the UK has far more experience with terrorism than you will ever comprehend.

Sounds like you have been listening to far too much Trump.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

rushmc

I would bet you have no idea how many times you have stood within 10 feet of someone carrying a concealed weapon

Not your job description

Zephyrhills, FL a community predominately populated by Christians, rednecks, retired folks and 2nd Amendment proponents with concealed carry permits.

Imagine the fear and loathing when leaving Skydive City that you will encounter someone offering the gospel of Jesus Christ, talking funny, driving slow with a turn signal perpetually on or carrying a concealed weapon.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Not your job description

Zephyrhills, FL a community predominately populated by Christians, rednecks, retired folks and 2nd Amendment proponents with concealed carry permits.

Imagine the fear and loathing when leaving Skydive City that you will encounter someone offering the gospel of Jesus Christ, talking funny, driving slow with a turn signal perpetually on or carrying a concealed weapon.

LOL!!!
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

I thought the same thing.
Mostly due to the use of "predominately".
:D

Actually
My laugh was in agreement with his comments

I would suspect you too would act similar to what he described:o

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Stumpy

******helping stranded motorist (1 dead)

What a fucking joke.

I love it when people quote the daily mail :D:D:D
And the UK has far more experience with terrorism than you will ever comprehend.

Sounds like you have been listening to far too much Trump.

I can't tell you how much I hope you are right. But.......

It doesn't change the fact that the UK now has a large unassimilated muslim population in it and ISIS just posted a video threatening the UK and it's prime minister.