RMK

Everything is better with guns

Those who think everything is better with guns will now have one more choice!

Good deal:)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/28/russias-iconic-ak-47-to-be-made-in-usa.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That was 99 percent operator error. There were only two that fired by falling down. The mechanism that was built into firearms to prevent them from discharging when dropped was for HAND GUNS, not riffles and shot guns, ever hear of a safety? Knowing how to hold a powerful hand gun so it does not smack you in the face, or a 12 gauge shot gun when you weigh 105 lbs so it does not knock you down, not pointing a gun at your buddy behind the firing line, when it malfunctions,or shooting a shot gun while drunk on an incline in speedos, yeah thats a PROPERLY MAINTAINED gun. If it is not taken care of kinda like your rig, yeah it may not always work the way you want it to but there are guidelines, like keep the firearm pointed down range until made safe and even then, dont point it at anything you are not willing to destroy. The ones that did discharge negligently were obviously not properly maintained. And looking down the barrel of any firearm that just malfunctioned is Darwin at work, he just missed by 3 inches,Darwin that is. reminds me of and old bumper sticker: Hey you, out of the gene pool.

kallend

Pride goeth before the boom.

Here's something that generally pisses me off.

Gilt posted a photo to her Twitter account "Got to play with my new toy today! Time to clean it!"

Uh . . . a gun is not a toy.

The proper response by all responsible gun owners should be to shame her over the entire affair.

But what am I thinking? Never going to happen.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Jacksonville mom maintained she has the right to shoot anyone who threatens her and her family — and she's teaching her kids to do the same.

She was clearly threatening this young man and he had every right to defend himself. :P

It's a shame it's only a misdemeanor for leaving the weapon accessible.

normiss

The Jacksonville mom maintained she has the right to shoot anyone who threatens her and her family — and she's teaching her kids to do the same.

She was clearly threatening this young man and he had every right to defend himself. :P

It's a shame it's only a misdemeanor for leaving the weapon accessible.

Misdemeanor (with the possibility of death penalty). ;)

Hopefully she will have figured that out now.
quade -

quade

Pride goeth before the boom.

Here's something that generally pisses me off.

Gilt posted a photo to her Twitter account "Got to play with my new toy today! Time to clean it!"

The proper response by all responsible gun owners should be to shame her over the entire affair.

I seriously doubt that the authors of the second amendment considered the possibility that the village idiot would give a toddler a loaded gun to play with.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

It would appear he stole it.
She didn't hand it to him.
:|

How the hell does a kid THAT age, in a car seat, pick up and fire a .45????

Apparently just a little too easily.
quade -

>I seriously doubt that the authors of the second amendment considered the possibility
>that the village idiot would give a toddler a loaded gun to play with.

Nor would they have considered the possibility that in the future people would carry their phones around with them and communicate over the air. But we don't throw out the fourth amendment because of that.

Nor would they have forseen the use of commercial jetliners used as instruments of terror. Still probably a bad idea to throw out the eighth.

quade

Bah, parachutes aren't toys. Motorcycles aren't toys. Airplanes aren't toys (except toy airplanes). SL550's aren't toys. It is just an expression.

billvon

>I seriously doubt that the authors of the second amendment considered the possibility
>that the village idiot would give a toddler a loaded gun to play with.

Nor would they have considered the possibility that in the future people would carry their phones around with them and communicate over the air. But we don't throw out the fourth amendment because of that.

Nor would they have forseen the use of commercial jetliners used as instruments of terror. Still probably a bad idea to throw out the eighth.

Well, we have implemented some serious restrictions on, for example cell phone spectrum usage along with some content restrictions, and on who can carry what on board an airliner (along with a no-fly list). Also, we try to make sure that airline pilots know how to fly and that unqualified people don't have access to the controls.

I think you make my point.

Sad. The gun folk will just note that you can potentially kill yourself with anything found in the average home (however, handguns are one of the very few items designed specifically to kill). Of course, why not just lay some grenades around the home; swimming pools kill more children than grenades.

Or maybe the "more training" argument. The local NRA nutjob could stop into nursery schools after cookies/milk and naptime and instruct the little ones how to handle a .357
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

gowlerk

Keep one beside you while you sleep. Because you never know who might come through your door.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/16/us/maryland-firefighters-shot/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion

Another stupid gun owner worrying about the wrong things. More people are shot dead by relatives and friends than by home invaders.

rhaig

And your gun rights be damned...I do not feel safer being around some idiot with a gun.

So just to be clear... Based on the above statement you believe your rights are more important than someone else's rights.

Ya. He has demonstrated that before....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

And your gun rights be damned...I do not feel safer being around some idiot with a gun.

So just to be clear... Based on the above statement you believe your rights are more important than someone else's rights.

Ya. He has demonstrated that before....

"....... cats with guns kill people." www.foxnews.com/story/2005/03/10/cat-shoots-owner-with-mm-handgun.html

(Guess he's lucky to be alive)

kallend

Another homicidal toddler.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/04/27/mother-fatally-shot-by-toddler-who-found-gun-in-car-sheriffs-office-says/

Where are all the good toddlers with guns to take care of these killers?

ah how you seem to delight in posting these so you can sit on your high horse and say "I told you so... look at the traumatized kid I'm using to make my point!"

asshole.
--
Rob

rhaig

Another homicidal toddler.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/04/27/mother-fatally-shot-by-toddler-who-found-gun-in-car-sheriffs-office-says/

Where are all the good toddlers with guns to take care of these killers?

ah how you seem to delight in posting these so you can sit on your high horse and say "I told you so... look at the traumatized kid I'm using to make my point!"

asshole.

That's about the lamest defense of outright stupidity I've seen here.

Some people ARE too stupid to be allowed guns.