billvon

2015 sets new record for warming

rushmc

CO2 is not a pollutant
And you are a rabid alarmist

Where did I write that it is?

And has the company that pays you cut back on the millions of tons of CO2 it admits to spewing into the atmosphere every year?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***CO2 is not a pollutant
And you are a rabid alarmist

Where did I write that it is?

And has the company that pays you cut back on the millions of tons of CO2 it admits to spewing into the atmosphere every year?

Hopefully it doubles CO2 output every day
Cheaper energy that way
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hey John, what kind of mileage do you get tooling around in the MG plaything of yours? Skydivers have no place criticizing other people's waste of energy and CO2 footprint.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Hey John, what kind of mileage do you get tooling around in the MG plaything of yours? Skydivers have no place criticizing other people's waste of energy and CO2 footprint.

How about his airplane???
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

I drove it less than 100 miles last year. And if I wasn't driving it I'd be doing that 100 miles in one of my other cars. I can't drive 2 at the same time. Hence the MG probably reduces my footprint, given that it weighs only 1738 pounds and has a 1250cc engine. There are bikes with far bigger engines. Even a Prius is bigger.

rushmc

How about his airplane???

Gets better mileage than a SUV or truck. Do your company's plants spew less CO2 than a wind farm?

Power available. 24/7/365. In addition to our wind farm:)
A company one can be proud to work for.

Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Power available. 24/7/365. In addition to our wind farm:)

And has the company cut back on the millions of tons of CO2 it admits to spewing into the atmosphere every year?

kallend

***Power available. 24/7/365. In addition to our wind farm:)

And has the company cut back on the millions of tons of CO2 it admits to spewing into the atmosphere every year?

we met more than the EPA requirements in the last two years. But if we did cut back as much as you want you would be bitching about not having electricity to open your hangar doors
Abraham Lincoln

brenthutch

***How about that airplane.

As Al Gore would say, "do as I say not as I do".

Of course he does not want to talk about the extra CO2 to build the garage his MG is in. Or the hanger his airplane is in. Let alone the power and or energy is takes to secure the airport for boys and their toys

I wonder if either is in a heated garage???
Abraham Lincoln

Which all comes back to the point. Global warming caused by green house gas is real and is man made. We are not going to give up our lifestyles short of being forced to by a complete "meltdown" of our society.

There are more questions than answers about the extent of the effects and how well we can cope. It's not uncharted territory for the Earth, but it is for Mankind. We aren't as individuals going to make the difference in lowering or halting the increase in CO2. So that leaves us with a political debate about larger policy decisions that can help get us there. Slowly.

So lets leave Watt and other deadenders behind and get on with the real debate. Whatcha willing or not willing to do about it? Those are real questions. I'm not going to stop jumping over it's carbon footprint, and I don't think anyone here is going to either.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Which all comes back to the point. Global warming caused by green house gas is real and is man made. We are not going to give up our lifestyles short of being forced to by a complete "meltdown" of our society.

There are more questions than answers about the extent of the effects and how well we can cope. It's not uncharted territory for the Earth, but it is for Mankind. We aren't as individuals going to make the difference in lowering or halting the increase in CO2. So that leaves us with a political debate about larger policy decisions that can help get us there. Slowly.

So lets leave Watt and other deadenders behind and get on with the real debate. Whatcha willing or not willing to do about it? Those are real questions. I'm not going to stop jumping over it's carbon footprint, and I don't think anyone here is going to either.

Bullshit

clean air
clean water
Good deals

Massive lifestyle changes for a lie?

Bullshit

BTW
Watts is not a denier
He believes as you do to a level

Betcha did not know that huh......
Abraham Lincoln

I see you are trying a new label to see if you can intimidate some one to stop debating

Pathetic >:(

Abraham Lincoln

I see you are trying a new label to see if you can intimidate some one to stop debating

There is no debate. Just anger. You are not debating. And you are misreading me. I clearly said "we are not going to give up our lifestyles" and we aren't.

gowlerk

There is no debate. Just anger. You are not debating. And you are misreading me. I clearly said "we are not going to give up our lifestyles" and we aren't.

I am
but I call out the bs when someone assigns a name like deadender

We tell children to grow up when they call names.

I also agree with you that as individuals we will not change
But there are those who push our governments to force their beliefs on the rest of us.
Killing coal fired electric production only hurts the poor as an example
Abraham Lincoln

You know better than I that coal is being displaced by gas for electricity generation. Something that is also unsustainable long term. The price of gas will go up as the demand eventually outstrips the supply. But this may be decades away. Coal consumption has powered large parts of the world, it's effect on the poor as often been far from positive.

You seem to be worried that the government is going to suddenly decide to shut down the energy supply and that this will be bad for you. It isn't going to happen that way. We are going to stumble along making relatively small changes here and there slowly changing the mix of our energy supply. And working on lowering consumption. All the time hoping that the effects of warming don't become catastrophic. There is a chance they will. No one really knows yet. But we need to understand that the possibility exists.

No one is calling for panic, just awareness and planning. The world economy is a huge ship and it is powered by energy. That is not going to change, but the ship is slowly turning as ships do.

gowlerk

You know better than I that coal is being displaced by gas for electricity generation. Something that is also unsustainable long term. The price of gas will go up as the demand eventually outstrips the supply. But this may be decades away. Coal consumption has powered large parts of the world, it's effect on the poor as often been far from positive.

You seem to be worried that the government is going to suddenly decide to shut down the energy supply and that this will be bad for you. It isn't going to happen that way. We are going to stumble along making relatively small changes here and there slowly changing the mix of our energy supply. And working on lowering consumption. All the time hoping that the effects of warming don't become catastrophic. There is a chance they will. No one really knows yet. But we need to understand that the possibility exists.

No one is calling for panic, just awareness and planning. The world economy is a huge ship and it is powered by energy. That is not going to change, but the ship is slowly turning as ships do.

EPA rules are currently being held up by the courts
Those rules deal with coal fired plants (in large part)

Have you read anything about the effect these rules would have had they been allowed to move forward?
Abraham Lincoln

Have you read anything about the effect these rules would have had they been allowed to move forward?

I only vaguely know that they would have been difficult and expensive to implement and would result in needing to replace many of them with other sources. I don't know what percentage.

But this is where the real debate should be. What to do? How far to go and how fast. What policies are worth the price and what are not. There are many good reasons to reduce coal consumption, but I agree, it can't be done too quickly. The argument should be over how quickly. There are valid points each way.

But there is no argument warming is real. And I'd like to move past that. Watt likes to poke holes in the details of how things are measured. But he ignores the big picture. Sea levels are up, glaciers are retreating, CO2 is increasing. Who cares about the small details of where monitoring stations are located? It's a global, not a local phenomenon.