brenthutch

Republicans are stupid

"Palin is the most high-profile Republican to endorse Trump so far. Other noteworthy endorsements include Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Ann Coulter, Ted Nugent, Phyllis Schlafly, Gary Busey, Hulk Hogan, Tila Tequila and Dennis Rodman."

:D:D:D

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/sarah-palin-endorses-donald-trump-for-president-20160119
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not to mention the importance of a reality TV presence and approach

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Texbubba

I'm wondering just what is it about his positions that you disagree with and why.
- immigration
- Trade
- Tax
- VA

His position are: "I will be Great on immigration, fantastic on trade, the best on taxes and even better with the VA."
[email]
Those are not positions they are platitudes. We don't need another narcissisic Rock Star president.

brenthutch

***I'm wondering just what is it about his positions that you disagree with and why.
- immigration
- Trade
- Tax
- VA

His position are: "I will be Great on immigration, fantastic on trade, the best on taxes and even better with the VA."

Those are not positions they are platitudes. We don't need another narcissisic Rock Star president.

Noted that you avoided the question of your opposition.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

If you read his positions, you'll find more there than simple platitudes. Come back and tell us why you disagree with them.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/veterans-administration-reforms

What brenthutch said - 'the VA is broken', 'fire everyone', 'make the VA great again', '

There is not a single policy statement in the platform other than 'increase funding' and even then, no vehicle by which to do it.

If you think that is a clear policy statement about how to fix the VA, then you are sadly mistaken. platitudes about describes it - and describes pretty much any political campaigner these days as well.

You are showing your bias.It's obvious your didn't read the information provided about VA health care. Please do so and then compare to what all others are saying. Use the comparison to decide which candidate would have your support on the issue.
Evidently, you expect a candidate to put up a step-by-step procedure. It's not going to happen. But here's one thing....

Under a Trump Administration, all veterans eligible for VA health care can bring their veteran’s ID card to any doctor or care facility that accepts Medicare to get the care they need immediately.

Platitude? I think not

tkhayes

There is not a single policy statement in the platform other than 'increase funding' and even then, no vehicle by which to do it.

This.

Trump wants to do grand things. That's cute. Even Bernie (though his plans don't seem to think more than one step ahead and completely ignore unintended consequences) has plans to pay for his massive amounts of free shit he wants to give everyone in order to vote for him.

Trump is not a fiscal conservative. We are 19T in debt. We got there through a couple of wars and some Hopey Changey bullshit. "Make amearica great again" sound a lot like "Hope and Change" to me.
--
Rob

Trump cannot do that without a vote in congress and the senate...so again, platitude. None of this will happen without COngress acting on it - and it you think that the country is run solely by the president, well....what I said earlier.

Every promise costs money and causes tax increases. paying for the deficit most likely will require some tax increase. paying for veterans and even the wars that Trump wants to fight cost taxpayer dollars. none of that is going to get passed - we are still in a ZERO tax increase era in the USA, and it will stay that way for some time yet.

THAT is largely why we have a $19T debt. we spend money but we do not have the revenues to pay for the things we want.

Congress is what runs this country. Not the President. most americans are not aware of that, which is why we spend 99% of all the media attention on the presidential candidates and 1% on the rest of the election....you know, the people that actually are supposed to do the work.

I am certain that Congress is very pleased about not being noticed.....

tkhayes

Trump cannot do that without a vote in congress and the senate...so again, platitude. None of this will happen without COngress acting on it - and it you think that the country is run solely by the president, well....what I said earlier.

No shit, Sherlock. How quaint that you should feel the need to point that out.

Conversation over. Attempted mind reading is your downfall.
"If you think..." lol

rhaig

We are 19T in debt. We got there through a couple of wars and some Hopey Changey bullshit. "Make amearica great again" sound a lot like "Hope and Change" to me.

With the mess this country has been taken to with the hope and change, make amearica great again is all we can try for.
Regardless of the candidate, we hope that changes run in a direction that WILL make America great again.

wolfriverjoe

I agree. Interesting.
IMO, the country has been primed for this by the Obama administration and its actions against citizens. How much more authoritarian can you get than what has been exercised by Obama and his cronies?

brenthutch

Sarah Palin just endorsed Trump.

While your first sentance is factual, your subject line is hyperbole.

I do not believe Republicans are stupid.

I do believe 49% of the population as a whole is below average intelligence and it is unfortunate Trump has figured out that's a substantial voting block. He just happens to be running on the Republican side.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Sarah Palin just endorsed Trump.

I do believe 49% of the population as a whole is below average intelligence and it is unfortunate Trump has figured out that's a substantial voting block. He just happens to be running on the Republican side.

Agreed, I use hyperbole to pique interest and to start the conversation.

quade

***Sarah Palin just endorsed Trump.

Maybe the majority of Trump supporters are Republican at this time however, it has been reported multiple times that up to 20% of his support is from Democrats.

And for the below average intelligence crowd comment? They voted for Obama so I think you are on to something
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

NY Daily News nails it.
:D

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/donald-trump-still-looking-for-last-two-horsemen-of-apocalypse-20160120105507

After the last election I was afraid we had lost the comedy genius that is Palin, however fortunately that was not to be.

I just hope if the Donald wins the nomination, he picks her as running mate :D:D
Never try to eat more than you can lift