brenthutch

Feel the Bern!

My ideal election?

Bernie vs Ron Paul

1 - agree with either of them or not, at least we know they are sincere and not just political tools with PR strategies designed to try and get 51% of whatever idiots vote based on memes and bumper stickers (or pure momentum and laziness)
2 - election would definitely tell us what social/political philosophy the voting public desires
3 - we'd get exactly what we deserve

Pretty much all 3 points are exactly the opposite of what we are setting up for in November.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

cvfd1399

it's the best we could hope for out of who is currently running.

Ron isn't running, his son is.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kawisixer01

Which is why he will have to think long and hard about who he chooses for his running mate, as they will be under just as much consideration. McCain had a chance until he picked Palin. She tanked his campaign faster than the Titanic going down.

I think he should pick a woman. She definitely has to have Progressive credentials of long standing.

Jane Fonda seems like a good choice.

cvfd1399

sanders might die of old age in his first term too.

The best president we've ever had was William Henry Harrison, who had the good grace to fuck off and die before he screwed anything up. More should follow his example.
cavete terrae.

But he was succeeded by John Tyler; considered to be one of the less ept presidents. That whole damn succession thing :P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

grue

***But he was succeeded by John Tyler; considered to be one of the less ept presidents. That whole damn succession thing :P

Wendy P.

Tyler should have followed his lead.

Does anyone know why Biden isn't running?

I think I'd even prefer him to Hillary.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

His son died, and he said that frankly his heart wasn't in it. Sounds like an excellent, honorable, reason.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

His son died, and he said that frankly his heart wasn't in it. Sounds like an excellent, honorable, reason.

Wendy P.

I'm not claiming otherwise.

As I said, I'd likely prefer him to Hillary.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Does anyone know why Biden isn't running?

I think I'd even prefer him to Hillary.

You can still vote for him if you want. Everyone forgets about the write-in option.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Biden is still dealing with the lose of his son last year and said that since the position of President needed 100% focus he did not want to run unless he was in the right place to do it. He was also pretty late to game in terms of financing and Hillary seemed to have a war chest that was going to be too large to fight against.

Option being tossed out on some of the more left wing sites is that if Hillary loses Iowa and Hew Hampshire then you might see a few new names (Elizabeth Warren, etc) get tossed out there but its too late to file in a lot of states.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

BIGUN

*** If Trump gets the nomination I will vote for Bernie.

Very cosmopolitan. ~ Doc Holliday

Frederic fucking Chopin. ~ Doc Holliday

PhreeZone

Biden is still dealing with the lose of his son last year and said that since the position of President needed 100% focus he did not want to run unless he was in the right place to do it. He was also pretty late to game in terms of financing and Hillary seemed to have a war chest that was going to be too large to fight against.

Option being tossed out on some of the more left wing sites is that if Hillary loses Iowa and Hew Hampshire then you might see a few new names (Elizabeth Warren, etc) get tossed out there but its too late to file in a lot of states.

The why did he stay a current Vice President? At a moments notice he could be the actual president if obama was killed.... How would he have been able to handle it then?

That's like a trans Atlantic co-pilot showing up unfit for work and saying aww fuck it the pilot is the one that's gonna a handle everything, I won't be needed.

Hi cvfd,

That's like a trans Atlantic co-pilot showing up unfit for work

Not in the slightest. It would be like the co-pilot getting stomach problems an hour after takeoff.

I am starting to wonder if these concepts are things you are capable of or not capable of understanding.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi cvfd,

That's like a trans Atlantic co-pilot showing up unfit for work

Not in the slightest. It would be like the co-pilot getting stomach problems an hour after takeoff.

I am starting to wonder if these concepts are things you are capable of or not capable of understanding.

Jerry Baumchen

Incorrect a stomach bug is a unknown occurrence that popped up without knowledge. Biden knowing ahead of time he can't handle the pressure of being a president while dealing with family issues is a PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AND ONGOING ISSUE!

You can take your condescending comments and keep them to yourself...you are the one who doesn't get it. SMH!