brenthutch

Obama floods the United States with....

It seems like only yesterday that right wingers were claiming that Obama would outlaw guns and you'd better stock up, because as soon as he gets into office, he will ban them.

Actually wasn't even yesterday - it was a few hours ago.

==============
"Pretty soon you won't be able to get guns," Trump told CNN's Chris Cuomo during an interview on "New Day." "It's another step in the way of not getting guns."
==============

But THIS TIME I am sure it will happen.

billvon

It seems like only yesterday that right wingers were claiming that Obama would outlaw guns and you'd better stock up, because as soon as he gets into office, he will ban them.

Actually wasn't even yesterday - it was a few hours ago.

==============
"Pretty soon you won't be able to get guns," Tru6mp told CNN's Chris Cuomo during an interview on "New Day." "It's another step in the way of not getting guns."
==============

But THIS TIME I am sure it will happen.

More eggs being laid:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Today, Tuesday 5 Jan, is supposed to be the day for the revelation of a new executive order. It is supposed to close major loop holes, whatever they are.

There was a gun sale at a local dealer 31 Dec, one day only. I took advantage and bought another one. The store was so crowded I couldn't walk around to look for accessories. The sales counter was shoulder to shoulder with new buyers.

A man about my age, old, said he never owned a gun in his life but he was buying two because he believed BHO might eliminate his option to buy.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

A man about my age, old, said he never owned a gun in his life but he was buying two because he believed BHO might eliminate his option to buy.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the box.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

Who? Why?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

He might be right, if "his option to buy" actually means "his opportunity to evade a background check". Otherwise, he's a gullible fool.

Don

RonD1120

Who? Why?

Obama of course. He gins up "take-my-gun" fears with his rhetoric, fueling record gun and amunition sales while his actual policies have ZERO impact on gun violence.

GeorgiaDon

He might be right, if "his option to buy" actually means "his opportunity to evade a background check". Otherwise, he's a gullible fool.

Don

He had no problem with the background check, which was conducted. Oddly enough I filed out the paper work but they never ran the check. I guess it was because I hold a GA CWP.

Boomerdog

He must have stock in S&W, Colt and Ruger.

You might be right!

The Gun Show in Chantilly, VA is in a couple of weeks. Ought to set a record in sales.

Thought I'd through in the attachment just for grins.

And the NRA has had little in the news as of late
But Bill will say that the NRA is the real sales people:S
Abraham Lincoln

The NRA will always be the punching bag, the bogeyman etc. etc. It's become too common a thing. A shooting goes down, blame the NRA...and so it goes.

Funny thing that of the firearms I've bought at stores and shows, I've always had to fill out the paperwork, the dealers (at both store and show) always phoned in to do the background check and once everything was in order i.e. passing the background check, the sale could be finalized.

I can site a lot of past stories and statements but the fact is, the gun control crowd does not seek tighter regulations, they seek total confiscation of privately owned firearms. They think they can confiscate over 300 million firearms while at the same time making the claim of how impossible it is to deport 10? 12? 20? million illegal aliens. HMMMMM....

OK, time to go don the verbal flack vest and prepare for the predictable incoming.

Boomerdog

The NRA will always be the punching bag, the bogeyman etc. etc. It's become too common a thing. A shooting goes down, blame the NRA...and so it goes.

Funny thing that of the firearms I've bought at stores and shows, I've always had to fill out the paperwork, the dealers (at both store and show) always phoned in to do the background check and once everything was in order i.e. passing the background check, the sale could be finalized.

I can site a lot of past stories and statements but the fact is, the gun control crowd does not seek tighter regulations, they seek total confiscation of privately owned firearms. They think they can confiscate over 300 million firearms while at the same time making the claim of how impossible it is to deport 10? 12? 20? million illegal aliens. HMMMMM....

OK, time to go don the verbal flack vest and prepare for the predictable incoming.

I got your 6 ;)
Abraham Lincoln

I can site a lot of past stories and statements but the fact is, the gun control crowd does not seek tighter regulations, they seek total confiscation of privately owned firearms.

Yes you are right. Every person who has ever advocated for tighter controls or better background checks is really just after full confiscation.

Yes you are right. Every person who has ever advocated for tighter controls or better background checks is really just after full confiscation.

It's a creeping menace!

Wow...we agree?!?!? Earthquake happen somewhere? Better go check mu USGS Seismic app.

...the fact is, the gun control crowd does not seek tighter regulations, they seek total confiscation of privately owned firearms.

I would think that with your mind reading capabilities, you would find some more useful application than mental masturbation over bogeymen in the closet.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Don

And if he's buying from a dealer, then he's going to go through the check anyway.

I haven't heard details on it, but part of it seems to be that they want to tighten the definition of "dealer." They seem to think there are "unregulated small dealers" out there and want to control them.

Which is funny as all hell, considering that Clinton went after the "kitchen table dealers", that is FFL holders who were small scale, low volume. They jacked the registration cost through the roof and reduced the number of FFL holders by a huge amount (20x cost increase and about 50% reduction in numbers).

[urlhttp://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/History_of_FFL_License.pdf]Link[/url]
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Don

And if he's buying from a dealer, then he's going to go through the check anyway.

I haven't heard details on it, but part of it seems to be that they want to tighten the definition of "dealer." They seem to think there are "unregulated small dealers" out there and want to control them.

Which is funny as all hell, considering that Clinton went after the "kitchen table dealers", that is FFL holders who were small scale, low volume. They jacked the registration cost through the roof and reduced the number of FFL holders by a huge amount (20x cost increase and about 50% reduction in numbers).

[urlhttp://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/History_of_FFL_License.pdf]Link[/url]

I just listened to BHO's press conference. The part that caught my attention, make mental health records part of the background check.

That means that patient confidentiality no longer applies to the feds. Therefore, if you have a mental health issue, which includes substance use disorder, you can be denied 2nd Amendment rights if you seek help.

That will certainly have a negative affect on those needing treatment and deciding whether to seek it or deal with it alone.

Not everyone with a mental health issue is a threat to themselves or others. Think of those seeking stress reduction by hunting or going to the range.

>Think of those seeking stress reduction by hunting or going to the range.

Or postal employees seeking stress reduction by killing their co-workers and boss. Or right wingers seeking stress reduction by shooting up an abortion clinic.

How do we tell those very different cases apart? Perhaps we could check their mental health records to see if they are just going hunting, or are actually likely to become mass murderers.

I'm reminded of the New York Daily News, a rabid anti-gun paper. More than once, they've shown a picture of a city politician holding up a shotgun with the phrase "...one more automatic weapon taken off the streets".

It's really hard to hold an intelligent and meaningful discussion with someone that doesn't even know the words for the discussion.
We are all engines of karma

Just watched the speech, a MSNBC analyst called it "nothing more than a muscular restatement of current law," "does nothing new." Obama even admitted that nothing substantive would be done during the remainder of his presidency. As he wept, cash registers at gun dealerships across the country were ringing.

StreetScooby

I'm reminded of the New York Daily News, a rabid anti-gun paper. More than once, they've shown a picture of a city politician holding up a shotgun with the phrase "...one more automatic weapon taken off the streets".

It's really hard to hold an intelligent and meaningful discussion with someone that doesn't even know the words for the discussion.

Agreed. It is much easier to have a discussion with somebody who strongly believes everybody who doesn't think exactly like him is out to confiscate all his guns.

Gee...I thought a man of letters as distinguished as you would have resorted to a higher level of rhetoric...sad.

Uh, both President Obama and my number one pick for "Mother-In-Law On The Back of a Milk Carton," Hillary Clinton are quoted as preferring the "Australia Model" which IS confiscation. California's Senior Senator Diane "Slumlord" Feinstein she's like all the guns turned in. Google "gun control confiscation" and you'll get many many hits. Ya see Don, it's never been about enforcing the thousands of firearms laws currently on the books.

Now if the Australians are happy with their laws on guns, fine with me and same for the Canadians. They are sovereign states who know what's best for them.

I was thinking about asking you here about your own forays into jerking off but Congress made me an Officer and a Gentlemen a long time ago so I'll refrain from formally asking.