quade

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

That would be nice. But it's hard to believe this apparently Russian news site would break it before CNN.

Edit to add, on the other hand, maybe they have.

http://katu.com/news/local/leader-of-oregon-occupation-ammon-bundy-three-others-arrested
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Hi Scott,

One dead, 5 arrested.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-occupation-leader-ammon-bundy-arrested-law-enforcement-sources-n504911

From the article: 'Shots were fired about 4:25 p.m. PST when the FBI and Oregon State Police began an "enforcement action" at the wildlife refuge, the FBI said.'

Jerry Baumchen

SkyDekker

One less Trump voter I guess.

Or a new martyr. It'll be interesting to see how each of the candidates tries to spin it to their advantage.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

From the same article:

Shawna Cox, a mother of 12 and grandmother of 43, has been friends with the Bundy family for about 15 years, Donald Cox said.

"She's a cowgirl," he said. "She's a patriot. This is all about her constitutional rights."

Unbelievable, she has 43 grandchildren and she decided to throw her life away to go join these criminals. If you value your "rights" and your freedom why would you commit federal crimes and have your freedom taken away? It makes no sense.
Onward and Upward!

Looking around online it looks like the "movement" is already making him out to be a rallying point and want to have a call to arms for all westerners against the government. I saw a few groups online with 5000+ members calling for an armed reply to this "government murder". Overall most of this is going to be a lot of hot air being blown around but I look for more people to start these "Government over throw" movements.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Here is the verbal account from the militia guy who was driving one of the two vehicles, (but not arrested):

https://www.facebook.com/mark.mcconnell.127648/videos/10154667085229762/

He says Lavoy charged the LEO's.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Here is the verbal account from the militia guy who was driving one of the two vehicles, (but not arrested):

https://www.facebook.com/mark.mcconnell.127648/videos/10154667085229762/

He says Lavoy charged the LEO's.

If true, AND AS A KNOWN ARMED CRIMINAL, then I gotta kinda say he was kinda committing suicide by cop.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

BYE Felicia.
:S

Those cops obviously overstepped their authority. They are just thugs in a uniform. They should be in jail.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Or don't charge them while in possession of a firearm.

"Stop Resisting"

Well, he stopped.

I wonder what your feelings would be if this weren't the Malheur group and was a young black person.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

This is funny - the last several posts - EVERYONE is trying to be wry and mock the 'other' side. at the same time with the Ferguson example.

It takes a special kind of blinders to think the other side is serious when they are making the exact same comparison you are.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I wonder what your feelings would be if this weren't the Malheur group and was a young black person.

I can certainly see the apparent disconnect - but you can't just compare it to any young black person, you'd have to compare it to a young black person who you already know for sure was doing something illegal, was posting internet videos about an armed fight against the government and the police, and who the people he was with (not just the cops) say attacked police officers.

Even then you can't say yet that the shooting was justified, but I think you can say that it was an outcome of the kind he was likely trying to provoke.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I can certainly see the apparent disconnect - but you can't just compare it to any young black person, you'd have to compare it to a young black person who you already know for sure was doing something illegal, was posting internet videos about an armed fight against the government and the police, and who the people he was with (not just the cops) say attacked police officers.

Even then you can't say yet that the shooting was justified, but I think you can say that it was an outcome of the kind he was likely trying to provoke.

Militia lives matter!