quade

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

SStewart

We will get through this—because:
We. Are. Harney. County.

Oh God, come on - it's not like these people occupied an orphanage. I mean seriously - other than for comic relief, does anybody really give a shit about this besides the locals? Hell, would the locals have even noticed if nobody told them this was happening?

The employees should just enjoy their paid vacation and let this fizzle out like a bad fart - don't worry about the birds, they'll be fine.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have these people holed up in this place rather than roaming the streets. They are apparently incapable of living in society - they belong in a wild life refuge. Pretty soon 3 hots and a cot behind bars won't sound so bad to these people.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Oregon's governor blasted the federal government's response to the occupation of a wildlife refuge by a group of armed men, saying the situation was "absolutely intolerable" and costing the state about $100,000 a week.

this sounds like a good reason to get the situation resolved ASAP
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

Oregon's governor blasted the federal government's response to the occupation of a wildlife refuge by a group of armed men, saying the situation was "absolutely intolerable" and costing the state about $100,000 a week.

How?
Honest question.

What steps would you take to resolve this?

Frontal assault? That's what they want (or at least that's what they act like they want). Lots of gunfire and casualties, damage to the building and grounds, medical bills and law suits that would make the $100k cost look like pennies fast.

We operate on a "TV schedule". We want to see a resolution in a timely fashion. Look at Waco. Look at the SLA shootout/fire in LA back in the 70s.

I'd go for the "siege" plan myself. Cut them off completely, no traffic in or out, not even dildos or lube. No power, no water. Anyone going in is arrested. Anyone coming out is arrested.

For a nice "extra", put liens for the costs of the operation on their property "back home", where ever that may be. Do stuff like suspend car registrations for any cars in their name.

If they want to rebel against the government, let them. But put the full force of the government bureaucracy on them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

How?
Honest question.

Frontal assault? That's what they want (or at least that's what they act like they want). Lots of gunfire and casualties, damage to the building and grounds, medical bills and law suits that would make the $100k cost look like pennies fast.

We operate on a "TV schedule". We want to see a resolution in a timely fashion. Look at Waco. Look at the SLA shootout/fire in LA back in the 70s.

I'd go for the "siege" plan myself. Cut them off completely, no traffic in or out, not even dildos or lube. No power, no water. Anyone going in is arrested. Anyone coming out is arrested.

For a nice "extra", put liens for the costs of the operation on their property "back home", where ever that may be. Do stuff like suspend car registrations for any cars in their name.

If they want to rebel against the government, let them. But put the full force of the government bureaucracy on them.

+1
Letting the fools sit there in a one-sided stand-off with nobody. It just makes them material for the late-night comedians. This is orders of magnitude better than another Waco or Ruby Ridge situation.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

How?
Honest question.

I'd go for the "siege" plan myself
. Cut them off completely, no traffic in or out, not even dildos or lube. No power, no water. Anyone going in is arrested. Anyone coming out is arrested.

+1
Letting the fools sit there in a one-sided stand-off with nobody. It just makes them material for the late-night comedians. This is orders of magnitude better than another Waco or Ruby Ridge situation.

I think this is the best option. No way you want another Ruby Ridge. I don't know why Ammon Bundy was not arrested at the town meeting a few days ago. Maybe they made a deal so he could attend the meeting without threat of arrest??
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

I think this is the best option. No way you want another Ruby Ridge. I don't know why Ammon Bundy was not arrested at the town meeting a few days ago. Maybe they made a deal so he could attend the meeting without threat of arrest??

I don't know.

If the state or county wants him gone, why didn't they arrest him?
Why didn't the Feds?

Why can those idiots come and go as they please?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

^^^ this

Rick

I'm not sure how it costs anything to do nothing until the idiots come out and get arrested.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Oregon's governor blasted the federal government's response to the occupation of a wildlife refuge by a group of armed men, saying the situation was "absolutely intolerable" and costing the state about $100,000 a week.

I'm not sure how it costs anything to do nothing until the idiots come out and get arrested.

Does it not cost to employ people to watch over them?

Does it not take away from the resources these Leo's could be putting toward the community if this wasn't happening?

Be absolutely sure that this exercise in futility is a large drain on the resources of the state.

The fed needs to cordon off the area, refuse entry in or out, and blockade the area until they surrender. Then take them all to court and have a trial to determine the culpability and responsibility for the cost of everything they have caused to be a cost.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi joe,

What steps would you take to resolve this? - - - But put the full force of the government bureaucracy on them.

I agree 100+%. I would cutoff the water to the building, if possible; they'll come out within a few days. The human body cannot go very long without water. If that didn't work/could not be accomplished, then cutoff their food supply.

Thanks for the great post; I can only hope that the FBI is listening.

Jerry Baumchen

turtlespeed

******Oregon's governor blasted the federal government's response to the occupation of a wildlife refuge by a group of armed men, saying the situation was "absolutely intolerable" and costing the state about $100,000 a week.

Does it not cost to employ people to watch over them?

Does it not take away from the resources these Leo's could be putting toward the community if this wasn't happening

This is their job - it's what they already get paid to do. If anything, the people are getting their money's worth rather than having LEOs driving around aimlessly - afterall, This. Is. Harney. County.

Part of me wonders if Harney is just filled with a bunch of morons and the Bundies finally just had enough of their bullshit. I've lived in some small towns before that have seemed to suffer from an "HOA mentality" - kind of makes me wonder sometime.

Part of me wonders if Harney is just filled with a bunch of morons and the Bundies finally just had enough of their bullshit.

I wonder why I never considered that? Yes of course, these brilliant tacticians are saving the locals from their own ignorance. They just are not smart enough to appreciate all that bis being done for them by Ammon the Great.

Thank God we have you here to point this out. You are at least as clever as the great militia, will you be joining them soon in liberating these unfortunate yokels?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

That didn't last long - I thought you weren't responding to me anymore?

You seem like a pretty reasonable and thoughtful guy, so I apologize if I got under your skin last week - my bad. Personally, I think you bring a lot to the forum.

I wouldn't take my last comment to seriously - it was just facetious rambling that said more about HOAs than Harney. I've lived in some small towns before - the drama runs think in these places and sometimes it gets the best of people.

I guess I forgot to add the toungue-in-cheek smiley.:P

Peace.

Here is a picture of the Malhuer NWR. This is what those thugs want to destroy. You know, because of the constitution.
These wetlands are very rare in this arid part of the country and totally unsuitable for cattle grazing. The local cattle ranchers don't want this.

These out of state outlaws need to be brought to justice. Except for a few brain-dead meatheads nobody in Oregon wants them here.
Onward and Upward!

Add child abuse and reckless endangerment to the laundry list of crimes. I really feel sorry for these kids. I can understand now why the feds are proceeding with so much caution. This really is a hostage situation.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/children-present-at-occupied-refuge-with-militants-/

When this over I hope these scumbags get put away for a very long time. Cowards every one of them.
Onward and Upward!

And it just keeps getting weirder.:S

Challenging Chris Christie to a sumo match:http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/watch-loincloth-clad-oregon-militant-challenges-chris-christie-to-a-sumo-match-in-this-bonkers-video/

Blowing "battle trumpets": http://gawker.com/okay-which-one-of-you-sent-them-a-shofars-and-told-the-1753847554

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi Paul,

It's like they're daring the government to kill them.

Well, this looney-toon is threatening to kill just about everyone: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-occupation-man-way-join-bundys-threatens-kill-officers-camera-n504216

And I question this: 'Stetson tells the trooper he's a retired colonel in the U.S. military who served in Central America in 1980 — he boasts twice that his service record was "sealed by Ronald Reagan" . . . '

Sure it was, :S

Jerry Baumchen