quade

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

quade

***Given how much government teat he sucks, I would have expected public defenders.

Maybe I'm confusing one Bundy wacko for another, but didn't he ask for a public defender earlier on?

That was daddy wacko (Cliven);
This is his wacko offspring (Ryan).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Given how much government teat he sucks, I would have expected public defenders.

Maybe I'm confusing one Bundy wacko for another, but didn't he ask for a public defender earlier on?

That was daddy wacko (Cliven);
This is his wacko offspring (Ryan).

Ah, thanks.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Just a guess, but I think he wants to "use" all sorts of the quasi-legal stuff that these types thrive on.

Jury nullification, sovereign citizenship, all the crap that the woman tried to pull in her legal "brief" that the judge disallowed.

A real lawyer both knows better and could be disciplined (both by the judge and by the Bar)

This idiot, however, will just spout off, get held in contempt, spout off again, get removed from the courtroom (video conference), then try to use these "violations of his rights" to file appeals. One will probably include inadequate counsel (as in the judge erred by letting him represent himself - really, it's been done).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"More Cliven Bundy sons arrested on fed charges
David Bundy and Mel Bundy join Cliven, Ammon and Ryan behind bars"
: http://koin.com/2016/03/21/more-cliven-bundy-sons-arrested-on-fed-charges/

No word on the whereabouts of Al and Peggy.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

"More Cliven Bundy sons arrested on fed charges
David Bundy and Mel Bundy join Cliven, Ammon and Ryan behind bars"
: http://koin.com/2016/03/21/more-cliven-bundy-sons-arrested-on-fed-charges/

No word on the whereabouts of Al and Peggy.:|

Ya gotta wonder what these guys were thinking.

Did they think that they won?
That the feds would just sort of "forget" about it?

I have to admit, I was questioning what the feds were doing and going to do. Biding their time and waiting for the Bundys to get careless is certainly a lot less "messy" (less noisy too) than forcing their way in.

And the Bundy I'd be most interested in the whereabouts of is Kelly.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And the Bundy I'd be most interested in the whereabouts of is Kelly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Applegate

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kelly+bundy+2015&biw=1280&bih=869&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3hIzAntPLAhUBdyYKHcXuAcsQsAQIGg
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Federal prosecutors said Monday that Ryan Bundy tore his bed sheets and braided them together into 12–15 feet of rope in an attempt to escape Multnomah County Jail.

Leave it to the Bundy clan to turn an old cliche into reality.:D

Source: http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/malheur-ryan-bundy-alleged-jail-escape-foiled/

Silly "Hay Seed" error. Everyone knows your get your mate, on horseback, to tie a rope the bars of the jail window and get the horse to run really fast and pull the bars out - it's in all the western movies.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Federal prosecutors said Monday that Ryan Bundy tore his bed sheets and braided them together into 12–15 feet of rope in an attempt to escape Multnomah County Jail.

Completely untrue:
==========
Bundy told the bailiffs that he was “‘a rancher, trying to practice braiding rope.’”

Bundy denied that he had any plans to escape the jail, and said the extra items were for “comfort.”

“It’s self-serving speculation,” Bundy told the court, “and simply not true, your honor.”
==========

See? He was just practicing for his next rodeo, where he is going to try to win the sheet-braiding competition. That's what ranchers do, stupid judge! He was thinking about entering the shank-making competition and the hide-the-file-in-your-butt event, but thought sheet-braiding would be the more traditional choice.

ryoder

Does anyone know if this is standard sovereign citizen language or is he making this up as he goes along?

The logic is tortured, but I can see where he's attempting to go with it. Not that it's going to work, but I can see where he's making an attempt, bad as it is.
quade -

normiss

From what I've followed (I admit to being quite curious about SovCit), seems typical and 'normal' from their perspective, yet it's never worked.
SovCitizen Kane

I think maybe his head mushing affected more than his face.

They are even worse than "libertarians". They want to enjoy all the benefits that belonging to a successful human society give them. But they don't think the rules that allow for these benefits to happen should apply to them.

SovCitizen is just another word for sociopath.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

Is any of this an actual legal defense?

They are claiming adverse possession???:S:D
Here is Oregon's adverse possession law:

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/105.620
(Pretty sure they didn't meet even the first requirement: 10 years of occupancy.)

But since it was federal land, I expect state law would not apply, but this would:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/43/1068
(But I don't think the occupation began prior to January 1, 1901.)

Hi Mark,

an actual legal defense

Since a number of those have pleaded guilty will be testifying against them, I have little doubt of the outcome.

And their attorney is really grabbing at straws; but then again, sometimes that's all one has.

It's taking place downtown here in Portland so we get it on the news each night. Most entertaining to say the least.

Stupid is as stupid does,

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Paul,

Not guilty on all counts.

Beyond the pale: http://www.oregonlive.com/#/0

Jerry Baumchen

THAT is fucking insane. Reading the article it sounds like the issue was the Judge (law itself?), required unanimous decision on all counts and some of the jurors were just being jerks from the get go.

Still, fucking insane.
quade -

WTF is going on with Attorney Mumford?
Tackled to the floor and led out in handcuffs for arguing that his client should be be free to leave???:S