quade

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

ryoder

***"From the link "If we don’t retain it, then we’ve lost everything that we’ve done in the last two months."

What exactly have they done besides piss of the local citizens, trash the refuge headquarters and get 1 guy killed?

Well, they've amassed quite a cache of dildos and lube.:|

I'm sure there is quite the buildup of santorum as a result.

JerryBaumchen

Late news: Cliven Bundy, the crazy old man, flew into Portland this evening and was immediately taken into custody by the feds.

Crazier by the moment,

Jerry Baumchen

"Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher who touched off one armed showdown with federal authorities and applauded another started in Oregon by his sons, was arrested late Wednesday at Portland International Airport and faces federal charges related to the 2014 standoff at his ranch."

Source: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/nevada_rancher_cliven_bundy_de.html

And they waited two years to charge him?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It was probably the safest and least likely path to violence for his arrest. At the ranch he was always armed and around others that were also armed and had in the past indicated they were willing to harm or kill federal agents. In this case he was flying and was not allowed to fly with his sidearm so there was little resistance that could be offered at his arrest.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

It was probably the safest and least likely path to violence for his arrest. At the ranch he was always armed and around others that were also armed and had in the past indicated they were willing to harm or kill federal agents. In this case he was flying and was not allowed to fly with his sidearm so there was little resistance that could be offered at his arrest.

^This. Big time.

No confrontation, no chance of him being armed, no "posse" around him. Easy pickings.

Everyone complained (legitimately IMO) about how the Koresh (Waco) & Weaver (Ruby Ridge) situations were handled. A lot of people (myself included) asked why there had to be a huge raid/confrontation. A bit of investigation, a bit of patience, a bit of restraint and a whole lot of innocent people (and a few ATF agents and Federal Marshals) wouldn't have died.

Personally, I'm very happy the cops & feds are behaving the way they are in this situation. No huge raids, no big confrontations. But the miscreants are being arrested and charged.

And I would guess that the damage if the FBI had attacked the idiots would be far worse than what the idiots did all by themselves (which they are likely going to be held accountable for).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

These guys have to be the dumbest criminals in the world. They record their crimes and put the videos on Facebook and youtube. It's like taking your go-pro to the bank robbery and bragging about it later. The old man announced on Facebook he was going to Oregon. What did he think was going to happen?

I thought they might try to pick him up when he went to the funeral in Utah but he was traveling with his "posse" and they did not want another highway confrontation. He flew to PDX thinking he was still above the law. These idiots still have no idea how much trouble they are in.
Onward and Upward!

wolfriverjoe

Personally, I'm very happy the cops & feds are behaving the way they are in this situation. No huge raids, no big confrontations. But the miscreants are being arrested and charged.

And I would guess that the damage if the FBI had attacked the idiots would be far worse than what the idiots did all by themselves (which they are likely going to be held accountable for).

Not to mention, they're killing their own image with the public. The other situations allowed for so much speculation and criticism over they way things were handled on both sides. In this situation, the knuckleheads are showing their asses all by themselves. And the situation has gone on so long, the general public has been able to get all the information necessary to realize these idiots are just that.

Proof: look how many people showed up at the behest of Mr. Bundy Sr, who asked the masses to come out and help the hold-outs resist the authorities. That number would be zero.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

Not to mention, they're killing their own image with the public. The other situations allowed for so much speculation and criticism over they way things were handled on both sides. In this situation, the knuckleheads are showing their asses all by themselves. And the situation has gone on so long, the general public has been able to get all the information necessary to realize these idiots are just that.

Proof: look how many people showed up at the behest of Mr. Bundy Sr, who asked the masses to come out and help the hold-outs resist the authorities. That number would be zero.

I'm glad they are ruining their own publicity.

Otherwise people would likely, well MORE people would likely think they are just in what they do.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This letter from old man Bundy is really all they need to convict him for conspiracy in the Malhuer standoff. In addition to the charges from the previous standoff at Bunkerville.

A common trait with these militia types is this unfounded belief that a notary has some sort of special power. In this case the letter to the Sheriff, the Governor, and the President being notarized only proves that he signed it with witnesses.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cliven-bundy-calls-oregon-refuge-occupation-continue-article-1.2517584
Onward and Upward!

"This is notice that We the People of Harney County and also We the People of the citizens of the United States..."

So he has appointed himself the spokesman for a county he does not live in, (and has probably never visited), and for the entire nation of over 300M people.:S Time to just lock him in the padded room.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

"This is notice that We the People of Harney County and also We the People of the citizens of the United States..."

So he has appointed himself the spokesman for a county he does not live in, (and has probably never visited), and for the entire nation of over 300M people.:S Time to just lock him in the padded room.

And people wonder about the death penalty.

I dunno.

This guy pretty much fits the bill.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Just kill all the nutters then?
;)

I agree a few of these deserve that based on criminal history and the crimes they committed this time, but a few, and especially that last fool, are what would appear to be insane.
Those select few deserve the rubber room.
No weed.
No dildos.

On NPR this morning they are running a story I have not found online, about the FBI strategy. A really interesting part is a rumor about Mark McConnell. He was the guy driving the second vehicle when Lavoy Finicum was shot, and made the video afterward, contradicting parts of the militia's narrative. The rumor is that he was an FBI mole, and can no longer be found.

On NPR this morning they are running a story I have not found online, about the FBI strategy. A really interesting part is a rumor about Mark McConnell. He was the guy driving the second vehicle when Lavoy Finicum was shot, and made the video afterward, contradicting parts of the militia's narrative. The rumor is that he was an FBI mole, and can no longer be found.

It will then turn out that he's not actually working for the FBI, but for an FBI-like organization that TELLS all its members they are in the FBI but are actually working against the US government. They want the rebellion to succeed, see, but Finicum was such an embarrassment that they had to take him out. And this guy had to do it because the US government has his sister, although she's a mole for the rebellion as well, and is feeding them information . . .

Or was that an episode of Alias?

ryoder

While I am no Bundy fan. I think his reuest should be standard.. If the state or Feds are bringing charges against you, I would think they are the ones with the deep pockets.
If I was charged now I would not be granted a public defender, but I also would not be able to afford a lawyer for anything more then a simple one or two apperance case. And that would be pushing it.
I think if the government wants to bring charges against you they should also have to provide your defense attournies.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

BartsDaddy

I think if the government wants to bring charges against you they should also have to provide your defense attournies.

That's some kinda logic you got going on there and I don't mean that in a good way.

Bundy and his clan don't trust the government and thinks they're incompetent; except you're saying he should trust the government to competently defend him in a case in which he's clearly 100% guilty.

Bundy is going to go to jail on this regardless of who defends him. He's going to lose his farm and whatever fortune he may have amassed over the years. On those grounds, perhaps he can claim he can not afford an attorney, but he could only make that claim in the future, not before he's actually found guilty.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

BartsDaddy

While I am no Bundy fan. I think his reuest should be standard.. If the state or Feds are bringing charges against you, I would think they are the ones with the deep pockets.
If I was charged now I would not be granted a public defender, but I also would not be able to afford a lawyer for anything more then a simple one or two apperance case. And that would be pushing it.

Some people wouldn't recognize hypocrisy if it stood on its hind legs and bit them on the nose.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

***I think if the government wants to bring charges against you they should also have to provide your defense attournies.

That's some kinda logic you got going on there and I don't mean that in a good way.

Bundy and his clan don't trust the government and thinks they're incompetent; except you're saying he should trust the government to competently defend him in a case in which he's clearly 100% guilty.

Bundy is going to go to jail on this regardless of who defends him. He's going to lose his farm and whatever fortune he may have amassed over the years. On those grounds, perhaps he can claim he can not afford an attorney, but he could only make that claim in the future, not before he's actually found guilty.

Wow. Guilty before trial. How constitutional of you.

I am glad people like you aren't in charge.

>I think if the government wants to bring charges against you they should also
>have to provide your defense attournies.

So if the government accused you of something you claimed you didn't do - you would really want the government representing you as well?

Odd.

"Your honor, my client is clearly guilty on all counts."
"WHAT? No I'm not!"
"(pipe down, this isn't costing you a dime.)"