quade

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

SkyDekker

In the end we aren't even sure if anybody on the law enforcement side ever stated he charged them to begin with, so this part of the conversation is a little pre-mature.

Eh? I was only replying to Normiss's assertion that he tried to run someone down.

Who said what about 'charging' is neither here nor there.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I mentioned "charging" as I'd heard it mentioned in a video account. Though it was hearsay.

As with any incident, let's see what the official report says before we cry foul. I'll put my tinfoil back on my sandwich.

My gut says nothing was done wrong here. I expect the "charging" account will not be confirmed.
--
Rob

Sad, and all this bullshit was for what? Because some free-loading religious nuts don't want to pay pennies on the dollar grazing fees.

Ammond Bundy said god wanted him to come to Oregon and cause trouble. I guess god wanted Finnecum to die.

Why is god such a dick?

(not directed at you just responding to the last post on the thread)
Onward and Upward!

SkyDekker

Looks like he is conflicted about what he wants to do, surrender or shoot. His fantasy of how this was going to play out is known, he wrote it in his book:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZswE9tWYAAFdP5.jpg

... The video reminds me of reality trumping fantasy.

Another quote from his book:

“We should be free to make stupid choices if we want and then be allowed to experience the full weight of those choices."

SkyDekker

I was only replying to Normiss's assertion that he tried to run someone down.

Sorry, I assumed you had read the context as well. My bad.

Of course I did. Let's say we were in the Trump thread and someone said "I don't know whether Trump called all Mexicans rapists but he does beat up his Filipina maid" you don't have to deal with the question of what Trump said before you say "hang on a minute, I'm pretty sure he doesn't physically abuse the help".

I assumed you'd understand that without needing it spelled out. Sorry.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

First photo is the moment of the shooting.
Anyone else notice the shooter is using a half dozen LEO's (and their vehicles) as his backstop?:S

Second photo is from 10:00 in the video.
Watching the video doesn't show the intensity of the explosion like walking through frame-by-frame.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

I'm curious at what a cop thinks about someone driving towards their roadblock like that.

Back in the 80's they would've just started shooting at the truck and jump out of the way at the last minute as the bad guy blasts right through the center of the roadblock, unscathed...

https://vimeo.com/70280204
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Hi Sky,

In the end we aren't even sure if . . .

That might be the best we can do on here.

Early this morning I caught a newsfeed that said he reached for his pocket & they found a 9 mm hand gun in his pocket after he had been shot.

I've been gone all day & cannot find that newsfeed now.

Jerry Baumchen

ryoder

First photo is the moment of the shooting.
Anyone else notice the shooter is using a half dozen LEO's (and their vehicles) as his backstop?:S

Second photo is from 10:00 in the video.
Watching the video doesn't show the intensity of the explosion like walking through frame-by-frame.

One thing that happens under great stress is "tunnel vision". You focus on the threat and little else. That sort of "ignore the background" behavior is not unusual.
And explosions in real time are no where near as impressive as in slow motion (unless you are actually there for it).

Although I may change my mind if more info comes out, I'm probably going to give the cops the benefit of the doubt on this one. He had clearly stated that he'd rather die than go to jail. He clearly stated he would shoot back.
When you "telegraph a punch" that clearly, I don't blame the cops for shooting at the first sign of a hostile action. Or interpreting an action as hostile when it may or may not have been.

This isn't some poor motorist moving too quickly for his registration, or even some dumb fool fighting and trying to run away because he has a warrant.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Is is hilarious and sad to see the 180 response from you cop haters when it is cops vs some people you have branded religious nut jobs you hate, and all the other cop shootings.

Most other shootings 0-100 REAL quick! Fuck the police, murder!
This shooting="meh, you really can't see the angle, it's too early to tell, he was charging the cops", etc

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Is is hilarious and sad to see the 180 response from you cop haters when it is cops vs some people you have branded religious nut jobs you hate, and all the other cop shootings.

Most other shootings 0-100 REAL quick! Fuck the police, murder!
This shooting="meh, you really can't see the angle, it's too early to tell, he was charging the cops", etc

I think the proper thing to do at this point is to riot.

White lives matter and all that.

I am so mad those rotten assholes did this to us. And for what? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
They invaded Oregon unwanted and tore a small town apart. One man is dead and the rest of the gang is in jail. Are you proud of yourselves now? Stupid fucking idiots.
They gave up the right to citizenship when they turned their guns on their own country and the good men and women of Harney county. They are not patriots, they are traitors and low life scumbags. Fuck them.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-town-torn-apart-by-protest-at-wildlife-refuge/ar-BBoSuqh?ocid=spartanntp
Onward and Upward!

SStewart

I am so mad those rotten assholes did this to us. And for what? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
They invaded Oregon unwanted and tore a small town apart. One man is dead and the rest of the gang is in jail. Are you proud of yourselves now? Stupid fucking idiots.
They gave up the right to citizenship when they turned their guns on their own country and the good men and women of Harney county. They are not patriots, they are traitors and low life scumbags. Fuck them.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-town-torn-apart-by-protest-at-wildlife-refuge/ar-BBoSuqh?ocid=spartanntp

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

It doesn't matter in the end exactly what happened. To those who believe in the cause, he is a martyr despite the fact that acted in a way that could only end in his being shot. This is the same as Micheal Brown, also a martyr for people to rally around, even though he deserved what he got.

For both very different groups the idea of a fallen hero, taken out by heartless brutal oppressive authorities is what will be remembered. They are now icons.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

SStewart

The meatheads trashed the place. The outside views from the air are even worse. Worthless dirtbags.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/remaining_occupier_tours_refug.html#incart_river_index_topics

Is it worse that the destruction in furgeson?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JerryBaumchen

Hi turtle,

Is it worse that the destruction in furgeson?

Is an apple an orange? Ferguson was a riot; Malhuer was a takeover. Got it?

Just another worthless post of yours.

Jerry Baumchen

The analogy is that group _____ feels disenfranchised, and thus entitled to destroy property.

Quite how they go about it is merely a matter of style.

GD64

He was not wearing his hog leg. He was not carrying his saddle carbine. His hands were in the air, however, one drops as he is gut shot and finished off at close range.

The truck is lit up with 100 rounds plus or minus, and CS gas fired into interior. Zero out going rounds.

Was LE wearing body cams?

Edited with new info....a loaded 9 was found in jacket.

A cops "biased" perspective.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvJwWKU-3GU

Clicky help please......Thanks.

GD64

***He was not wearing his hog leg. He was not carrying his saddle carbine. His hands were in the air, however, one drops as he is gut shot and finished off at close range.

The truck is lit up with 100 rounds plus or minus, and CS gas fired into interior. Zero out going rounds.

Was LE wearing body cams?

Edited with new info....a loaded 9 was found in jacket.

A cops "biased" perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Clicky help please......Thanks.
Here you go. You have to click the url button before and after link.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/url]