quade

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

normiss

:D

I'm still trying to understand how I have access to the paper that appears to be a subscriber account.
I block all the cookies I can, have never subscribed, never created any type of account.
I sometimes get a small pop up window asking me to subscribe, but I just close it and don't see it very often.
Anywho..

Sometimes they have something built into the site address that changes it when you share it. You get to see it for free, but when you link it, anyone who clicks on the link has to pay. Again, no big deal. Far less obnoxious or offensive than the deliberate misunderstanding, complete lack of logic and inane trolling that some people on here do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

quade

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/01/drama_in_burns_ends_with_quiet.html

It's like they're daring the government to kill them. WTF are they thinking?

Based on all I have been able to learn about this, I agree with you!

I can not see what they are trying to accomplish.

They need to leave!

Unless something else is learned about this.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's because: God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTLXg1fKZ8

I was actually dismayed when someone sent this to me [:/] because I was getting into researching the West in regards to water and grazing rights. I thought there were valid logical points on both sides. I naively thought there was no religion involved.

But I wasn't aware that Ammon Bundy decided that God told him something, and that's why the little wildlife refuge building is now occupied.

Even IF (and I'm not giving him that) he has a point, besides the teachings of his Mormon religion, I also question his methods.

Hopefully this will be resolved without bloodshed.

I feel for the people of that community, who did not ask for this.

On a lighter note:
What You Need to Know About the Oregon Militia Standoff:
http://www.theonion.com/graphic/what-you-need-know-about-oregon-militia-standoff-52111

SkyDekker

Not sure why people are so upset, isn't this exactly what your 2nd Amendment intended?

These people truly believe that they are dealing with an out of control government that they need to stand up to. Like I said, exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.

Make an example of 'em...

How often have we heard 'we need our guns to stop an out of control government!'

Lets see how those 2nd ammendment guns stop a 200lb laser guided bomb. :ph34r::ph34r:

NOTE FOR THE HUMORLESS:
This is satire.

Not sure why people are so upset, isn't this exactly what your 2nd Amendment intended?

These people truly believe that they are dealing with an out of control government that they need to stand up to. Like I said, exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.

After reading a bunch of stories form both angles, it appears Bundy et al jumped the shark. There's bad behavior on the part of the Government too but such behavior at this stage does NOT rise to the occasion of escalating this to an armed confrontation. The townspeople do not want them there. The case has been resolved by two men going back to prison and the case needs to be argued in the courts. If this breaks into a gunfight, Bundy et al will be to blame.

Interesting NYT article - "Why the Government Owns So Much Land in the West":

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/upshot/why-the-government-owns-so-much-land-in-the-west.html

And it seems other militia groups are not on board with old I'm-on-a-mission-from-God Bundy: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/i-wish-to-hell-he-hadnt-done-this-us-militia-groups-slam-anti-government-oregon-occupiers/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm still confused with this one.

I've seen video of a black kid sitting on a picnic bench in a city park who was only suspected of having a weapon and was summarily murdered.
I've seen video of a young black man walking down the street with only a pocket knife who was also murdered with a quickness.
Yet a group of armed white men take over a federally owned building and not one cop responds.
If ISIS ever recruits a bunch of doofuses who are simply "patriot" white men with weapons, we're screwed.
I've seen them referred to as "ammosexuals". Seems fitting.

Because it's already high profile and on the news.

Because or stuff like the Branch Davidians where the government action resulted in lots of civilian casualties and lots of criticism.

Because it's a remote area where they aren't really causing very much disruption.

Because a large, violent confrontation is what those idiots want.

Because if the government tried a frontal assault, it would get messy (on both sides).

I'm seeing stories that they are cutting off power & water. It's gonna get cold there. Fuel for the generators and firewood will run out pretty fast. Food and water too. And don't forget sanitation. Ya gotta take a dump somewhere.

Basic siege doctrine.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

I'm seeing stories that they are cutting off power & water. It's gonna get cold there. Fuel for the generators and firewood will run out pretty fast. Food and water too. And don't forget sanitation. Ya gotta take a dump somewhere.

If you take a look at my URL in post #37, it looks like water may be plentiful.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

And today the new label is: Wal-Martyrs:D

I'm not a fan of negative stereotypes and caricatures of any kind.
BUT
That there is just plain clever AND funny.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>So good ol'e Bundy rails against the Feds...after borrowing half a million from
>them through a Small Business Loan:

That's different. He's entitled to federal loans and dirt-cheap grazing rights. He's not protesting any of that - he's protesting the stuff OTHER people get.

billvon

He's not protesting any of that - he's protesting the stuff OTHER people get.

And "other people" would be every other citizen of the US, since, you know, that's really what the government is; all of US and whose land he's currently occupying.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ibx

It's hilarious how a right wing militia is seizing the means of production from the government in order to give to the proletariat.

To be fair, they wouldn't want to give it to the proletariat. Only to the part of the proletariat that looks and thinks like them.

Now it is getting weirder.:D

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/01/05/1466254/-Warning-from-the-Birding-Community-to-the-Terrorists-in-Oregon-We-re-Watching-You

"Every breath you take, and every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you"

SkyDekker

***It's hilarious how a right wing militia is seizing the means of production from the government in order to give to the proletariat.

To be fair, they wouldn't want to give it to the proletariat. Only to the part of the proletariat that looks and thinks like them.

Yeah, seems more like they're seizing the means of production from the government in order to give it to themselves.

So they're not quite Marxists, more like just really hardcore Trade Unionists?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?