jgoose71

Law Enforcement Exemptions Unconstitutional?

Yes they do. It's the end state of the argument "If you own a gun you are XXX times more likely to get shot"

Which is both true as well as totally different to what you said.

I could say 'I completely reject the idea that anyone who keeps a gun in the house will never be hurt by a criminal'.

Do you think that's a valid response to your position?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

Then just go on living then and leave my guns alone.

I have no interest in your guns. Not my fault you are delusional and think anybody who doesn't agree with your stance on guns is out to take them away.

So are you saying that you do not advocate what is being touted as gun control?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

How did you get there?

It was claimed that there was no interest in his guns.

If you advocate for a slow and orderly method of confiscation, then that statement is disingenuous at best.

I suppose you could argue that he had no interest in those specific individual guns, but if advocation of the current trend of gun control tactics, it does, in fact, include the guns previously stated not to be of interest.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Then just go on living then and leave my guns alone.

I have no interest in your guns. Not my fault you are delusional and think anybody who doesn't agree with your stance on guns is out to take them away.

So are you saying that you do not advocate what is being touted as gun control?

I have said many times that I don't think gun control in the US is feasible, nor that even if feasible it would have any true results for decades or generations.

I am neither for, nor against any current regulation because it simply doesn't affect me.

normiss

Where did you come up with "If you advocate for a slow and orderly method of confiscation"???

Playing the aloof card again I see.

I'm not playing anything, I'm trying to understand where all the made up drama comes from in here.
It's almost impossible to believe some poster's comments here given how much made up drama they insert into the discussion, like you did here.

normiss

I'm not playing anything, I'm trying to understand where all the made up drama comes from in here.
It's almost impossible to believe some poster's comments here given how much made up drama they insert into the discussion, like you did here.

I'm not making up any drama.

It is very well known that certain individuals, all of them on the liberal side of things, want to have all guns confiscated and banned.

If I'm guilty of anything it is generalizing the "you" to mean all liberals. But if the shoe fits. . .

normiss

I've never considered myself a liberal.
Most of my voting age experience has been as a registered Republican, not all, but most.

It's an unjustified paranoia in my opinion.

I hope you are right.

I really hope I don't set to say I told you so.