ryoder

Shkreli, CEO Reviled for Drug Price Gouging, Arrested on Securities Fraud Charges

Right on.

I was highly amused by the obvious contempt he showed for the Committee of Congress. The irony is that many Americans also have a high level of contempt for the current Congress. Yet Shkreli is one of a very few people that are currently held in even more contempt.

Putin gets more respect than he does. Maybe even Hillary and The President.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Pharma-Bro news:

Yesterday - IRS files federal tax lien for $4.6M in unpaid taxes: http://gawker.com/irs-martin-shkreli-owes-4-5-million-in-unpaid-taxes-1758582711

Today - Offers Kanye West $10M For His New Album: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/martin-shkreli-just-offered-kanye-222435409.html:S

Dizzy really needs an eye-roll emoticon.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

Biggest douche I've ever seen, but I would like to say thank you if he protects us all from Kanye.
:D

I was thinking along the same line: Maybe Shkreli has jumped on a grenade for us.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Martin Shkreli bound for jail after judge revokes his $5M bail following Hillary Clinton threat
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/martin-shkreli-bound-jail-judge-revokes-5m-bail-article-1.3493987

Bwahahahahaha!!! :D:D:D

nolhtairt

The dude actually cried in court. :D

Choke it down and get your ass reamed in prison, boy!

Oh Karma, how delightful you can sometimes be. I wonder how many tears were shed by those who could no longer afford that drug. I know his sentence had nothing to do with that, but rather stealing from his shareholders. But Karma is like honey badger, it just doesn't care.

http://time.com/5193670/martin-shkreli-prison-r-securities-fraud/?xid=homepage
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Everything You Know About Martin Shkreli Is Wrong—or Is It?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/martin-shkreli-pharmaceuticals-ceo-interview

Named the most hated man in America. But Hollywood made a movie of stock promoters and boiler room operations. Everyone loved it. Isn't it just how free enterprise is supposed to work?

Mr.Jerry Falwell, a leading US televangelist opined that AIDS was ‘God’s judgment on promiscuity.’ That "AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals." Now his son:
Evangelical Jerry Falwell Jr. defends Trump: Jesus “never told Caesar how to run Rome”
https://www.vox.com/2018/1/26/16936010/evangelicals-jerry-falwell-trump-caesar-rome

One man provides drugs to better the lives of AIDS patients and make a profit. The other two men, father and son. Invokes the name of GOD and calls the consequences of AIDS, just and fair punishment. By the way. Jerry Falwell used God's name and teachings from the pulpit as aforementioned. To a net worth of ten billion dollars.

A bit unfair?

nolhtairt

The dude actually cried in court. :D

:D

ETA I suppose no cameras were allowed in court, which is a shame, because I'll bet a pay-per-view of that asswipe crying could be worth money.
I know I'd pay to see it.:P

buscemi.jpg

Phil1111

One man provides drugs to better the lives of AIDS patients and make a profit.

Not quite sure what you mean by that.

Shkreli bought the rights to an AIDS drug, and then jacked up the price to the point many could no longer afford it.

Not sure how that constitutes "providing".

I'd call it 'price gouging.' You know, like the title of the thread.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hey, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. One man's gouger is another man's capitalist.

But I think Phil's point was simply that there is not a lot of difference between the evil of Shkreli and that of the Falwell's. They both profit from the AIDs afflicted community in one way or another.

gowlerk

Hey, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. One man's gouger is another man's capitalist.

But I think Phil's point was simply that there is not a lot of difference between the evil of Shkreli and that of the Falwell's. They both profit from the AIDs afflicted community in one way or another.

Oh, absolutely. The "Robber Barons" of the "gilded age" were great capitalists. Form a monopoly and gouge the living shit out of the customer. However, the government found that behavior damaging enough in many respects to prohibit it.

I've thought Falwell (both of them) are about as evil as it gets. In many ways more so than Shkreli.

Hiding their hatred and bigotry behind their "god".
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

One man provides drugs to better the lives of AIDS patients and make a profit.

Not quite sure what you mean by that.

Shkreli bought the rights to an AIDS drug, and then jacked up the price to the point many could no longer afford it.

Not sure how that constitutes "providing".

There is a show on TV now titled "Intervention". It deals with addicts and those family members that to a lessor extent enable the addictions. Essentially a meeting takes place and the entire circle of family and friends. Make the case to the addict that if they don't go to treatment, i.e. cold turkey. They will be cut off permanently.

Here is a better grasp as to Mr. Shkreli's enablers. The US healthcare industry. Trademark, Pharma, law and profit.
https://hbr.org/2016/07/price-gouging-and-the-dangerous-new-breed-of-pharma-companies According to this Mr. Shkreli is merely part of a growing industry. One created by the poor drafting of law by congress and likely lots of pharma lobbying cash.

Is there a difference between the greed of the industry, its lobbyists, political enablers and Mr. Shkreli? His crime wasn't the price gouging. Neither trump nor congress has even looked at these issues. Although trump promised:
Trump’s abandoned promise to bring down drug prices, explained
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/30/16896434/trump-drug-prices-year-one