ryoder

The Holy Quran Experiment

I don't believe you can ascribe a value judgment on an entity that you do not believe exists.

That was my main point.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Mistake of fact is a valid defense is it not.

This has been going on for over 6 years. I am a true believer Christian. They have to attack me whenever they see an opening. I and few others are the SC's flame magnets.

You aren't attacked for your faith. At least not by me. "Mistakes of fact" are common. Calling someone "young and ignorant" when it is you that are mistaken is the problem. What does that have to do with your being a Christian (or at least claiming to be one)?

Helpful hint: Look at the little info box by the username. It often shows the person's license number and years in sport. While this isn't verified, so it may or may not be correct, it often give you some idea. Jerry shows 40 years and D-1543 (that's 423 later than you). That would make me think he might not be "young and ignorant."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

This has less than zero to do with your faith or beliefs.

this ONE??? maybe

In general? Well, your post is bull shit
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

I am a true believer Christian. They have to attack me whenever they see an opening. I and few others are the SC's flame magnets.

I'm curious: raised Protestant myself, what is this "true believer" stuff you speak of? Obviously then, there must also be such a thing as an "untrue believer"?

People whine that there is a "war against Christianity" from their perception. I can only suggest that from my own porch, I am not the least concerned with whatever faith (or none) anybody else follows. Until the moment they become an irritant or a nuisance to me.

Like Jehovah's Witnesses who come uninvited to my door to interrupt my breakfast. Or the Hare Krishna's who pester me on the street to buy their flowers. Or the Yoga nutbars who fill the entire damned packing area every morning.

It's not a war. I just don't want to nuisanced by anybody's proselytizing. To think it is exclusive to you "true believers" and it's implied martyrdom is simply delusional and shockingly arrogant.

Just my opinion.

John

"True believer" is a military term for a dedicated warrior. It was used frequently in the SPECOPS community many years ago. I am not sure if it still is. I just like it for me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

rushmc

***This has less than zero to do with your faith or beliefs.

this ONE??? maybe

In general? Well, your post is bull shit

But his post is about this one, so it isn't bullshit.

And in general, Ron is attacked fo his beliefs. Not because his beliefs are christian though, but because they're xenophobic, jingoistic, ultra partisan and he's usually a dick about the way he expresses them.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

It is not relevant to my position. I was paraphrasing Scotty Hamiltion from his published work.

here's one

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

RonD1120

"True believer" is a military term for a dedicated warrior. It was used frequently in the SPECOPS community many years ago. I am not sure if it still is. I just like it for me.

"The True Believer" was an excellent book first published in 1951: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Believer
I highly recommend it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.