jclalor

Trump proposes mandatory registration for US Muslims

jclalor

And now he claims that "Thousands and thousands" of people cheered in Jersy City as the towers came down on 911.

He is standing by his claim.

Is there anything he can say that you know is patently not true?

The saddest thing about Trump, is on resume alone he wins. Think who else has actually achieved any thing compared to Trump. The guy went bankrupt and he talked the banks too give him more money!! and he got it and made good.

If you had a company and you were voting for board of directors with the current choices, who would you bet on?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Erroll

Maybe he's just amusing himself by playing to the ignorant and moronic component of the GOP base at the expense of the serious candidates. Political theater.

Looking at this performance I can only agree with you.

He has created a stage where he can really indulge his massive egomania.

So where in the rule book does it say Politics can't be fun, It's his money and he can do as he
likes with it.

If he wins I might even think of emigrating to the USofA (legally of course)

Gone fishing

Zep

Maybe he's just amusing himself by playing to the ignorant and moronic component of the GOP base at the expense of the serious candidates. Political theater.

So where in the rule book does it say Politics can't be fun, It's his money and he can do as he
likes with it.

Not sure if making fun of some one with a handicap on a national stage is "fun" when it comes to politics.

SkyDekker

likes with it.

Not sure if making fun of some one with a handicap on a national stage is "fun" when it comes to politics.

You are a classic hook line and sinker guy:D:D

That if it fits your world view:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

likes with it.

Maybe, but at least I don't live somewhere where Donald Trump and his racists, misogynist views are the best my country has to offer.

At the risk of going Godwin, there are stronger parallels with 1930s Germany.

SkyDekker

likes with it.

Maybe, but at least I don't live somewhere where Donald Trump and his racists, mysagonist views are the best my country has to offer.

At the risk of going Godwin, there are stronger parallels with 1930s Germany.

WOW

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Dunno. I'm thinking Carson might be a bigger mistake, because I think he actually believes what he says. Trump is just making noise.

In either case, it'd be pretty awful. But then Italy elected Berlusconi how many times?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Dunno. I'm thinking Carson might be a bigger mistake, because I think he actually believes what he says. Trump is just making noise.

The larger and sadder issue (my opinion only) is that far too many Americans believe either of these bombastic and bumbling candidates. And from my experience in the Bent Prop bar just yesterday, while nobody said they "supported these gentlemen, they surely enjoyed that these men (notably Trump) were only saying publicly what they wished they were able to.

I thought I chose my acquaintances with a broader world-view but I now see I may have been sadly mistaken.

In either case, it'd be pretty awful. But then Italy elected Berlusconi how many times?

But Berlusconi never had access to a large red button.

John

Oh, I think they're both difficult to elect if grownup a vote.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Add to that the desire to seal borders, preventing certain ethnicities from entering or applying for citizenship, concentration camps, databases for immigrants, and who knows what other forms of fear and hatred.
You may have performed one of the very few accurate uses of of a Godwin.
B|

SkyDekker

WOW

Yeah you may think that. But I don't think the US is far away from having widespread support for restricting the 2nd amendment for Muslims or those that look like it.

I think listing Islam as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center would be a start.

If Germany was to compare the Koran and Mein Kampf (it's hard to say which is worse), they would treat Islam the same as Third Reich nonsense. This is to say that if you are followers of either, you can be put in the slammer for failing to keep it to yourself.

There are movements of Islam whose proclamations amount to criminal conspiracy and/or treason, and those that don't meet that standard come close.

Don't get me wrong, the Cult of the Magic Jewish Zombie is not much better - if at all.

If you consider that the Tanakh is but a compilation of superstitious Bronze Age lore of a big, dysfunctional family, it falls into a slightly different category. Most Rabbis of note take it with a grain of salt, and more than a few are functional atheists.

Islam? Religion of peace my ass.

They are all followers of a perverted psychopath (or psychopathic pervert, if you prefer), and the Koran ("recital") does not give ANY leeway in adherence to the faith. You're either on the bus or off the bus.

BSBD,

Winsor

If you consider that the Tanakh is but a compilation of superstitious Bronze Age lore of a big, dysfunctional family, it falls into a slightly different category.

'Superstitious Lore'? That's what religion is. Doesn't matter how old it is if it's still being used today.

Most Rabbis of note take it with a grain of salt, and more than a few are functional atheists.

Irrelevant. If you judge the Koran by what's in it rather than how each follower uses it then you have to do the same with your own family's book of vile gibberish.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

mistercwood

Dude. You don't like religion (with you on that) but you really hate Islam. We GET it.

Religions are all communicable forms of mental illness. Some are more virulent than others, and Islam pins the meter.

I am not defending the pathology of any of the descendants of Abraham. At least those inbred familial malfunctions are not touted for general consumption.

SkyDekker

WOW

Yeah you may think that. But I don't think the US is far away from having widespread support for restricting the 2nd amendment for Muslims or those that look like it.

Now you are just looking silly or trolling....
Abraham Lincoln