RonD1120

Close the border!

RonD1120

Good interview with Tim "Nailer" Foley founder of the Arizona Border Recon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pobe4ZPLzY

Arizona Border Recon

I listened to the first two minutes. Evidently he was making 85k a year when the economy collapsed in 2007, he then started roaming the country trying to find work that Paid more $15-$20 an hour. After seeing all the illegals taking the good jobs, he decidided to drive to the Arizona/Mexico border and start looking for the illegals himself.

At this point, I realized he was a nut.

jclalor

***Good interview with Tim "Nailer" Foley founder of the Arizona Border Recon.

Arizona Border Recon

I listened to the first two minutes. Evidently he was making 85k a year when the economy collapsed in 2007, he then started roaming the country trying to find work that Paid more $15-$20 an hour. After seeing all the illegals taking the good jobs, he decidided to drive to the Arizona/Mexico border and start looking for the illegals himself.

Explain your conclusion. At this point you don't even know what the organization, AZBR, is about.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I don't have a problem with the author, except his choice of Bible translation, and helping those in need. My concern is making certain we are helping those in need and not providing another open door policy to those folks detrimental to our way of life.

I am not alone.

BTW, can you describe your salvation experience with Jesus Christ?

PS. I have always been taught that the American Standard Version is the most accurate translation of the Bible. That said, I believe you can get the meat of the message from any of them.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

BTW, can you describe your salvation experience with Jesus Christ?

I am not Christian and I do not believe that he is/was a saviour. I was baptized Anglican as a baby, and culturally I am Christian. Like all thinking people should, I give considerable thought to the mystery of our existence. My conclusion is that it will always remain just that, a mystery. I do not claim to know if there is or is not a creator. And I believe that any man who claims to know is either mistaken or lying.

I support the right of all persons to believe whatever they decide to believe. And I demand that that all others give the same respect to everyone's beliefs.

I am not alone.

Yes, that is quite clear. But it is also becoming quite clear that America stands alone in it's fear of the refugees.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

What I wish people would understand and get clear about Christianity is this, Christianity is not about sociological or political ideology. It is about the forgiveness of sin and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Anything beyond that is merely intellectualization.

gowlerk

it is also becoming quite clear that America stands alone in it's fear of the refugees.

Complete utter bullshit. 60% of Canadians are not in favour of the Liberals plan to settle 25000 refugees by January 1st. You must be one of the 40% who is in favour of opening up our doors.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2352983/60-of-canadians-disagree-with-liberal-plan-to-accept-syrian-refugees-ipsos-poll/

oh before we get the usual nonsense of "that is a story from the corporate media". Remember Global News is the same organization who gave us the Trudeau Cabinet Trading Cards. At first when I heard about this, I thought "this has to be a joke, they can not be serious". But no it is on the level. Global News is showing us how in love they are with Trudeau and his Liberals that they wanted the public to download these political trading cards of theirs.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2318761/collect-them-all-trudeau-cabinet-trading-cards/

Oh and before you break out your typical progressive tactics of "you are nothing more than a racist", it's not the refugees I am against. It's the fact that the whole process is being rushed. Ignore for a second the need to screen the migrants for security reasons. The Liberals plan to screen the migrants for preexisting medical conditions is a complete and utter joke. They are going to be spending less than five minutes medically screening each migrant applicant and this after the migrants are already in the country meaning even if there is something wrong with them, or they turn out to be a radicalized Islamist. It's too late. They are already in the country and under our present laws (which the Liberals would never dream of changing because they made them), there is no way to get rid of the sick or radicalized Islamists. So why the rush? Why not spend the necessary time on the other side of the world to ensure that each candidate is medically and socially compatible with our society before we invite them into our house. That is all that the most of the 60% majority is asking for. The majority of us who are in the majority contrary to what you may claim here are simply asking for the Liberals to slow down with their brain dead plan of bringing 25000 migrants into the country by January 1st. So spare us your pure and utter bullshit that you speak for Canadians. You don't just as I don't speak for Canadians. But as far as the refugees are concerned, my views are much more in line with the views of the majority of Canadians versus the views of the fools who support the selfie PM.

PS: it remains to be seen which migrants we allow into the country. But Europe is in the middle of committing societal suicide right now. The vast majority of migrants flooding into Europe are not families fleeing war. The vast majority of the migrants are young men of military age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijxknaKOXVc

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

RonD1120

******Good interview with Tim "Nailer" Foley founder of the Arizona Border Recon.

Arizona Border Recon

Explain your conclusion. At this point you don't even know what the organization, AZBR, is about.

I listened another 5 minutes, the guys a nut. At his age he shouldn't spend all day playing "Army", it's a kids game.

I quite believe that the public opinion in Canada and other countries is against the refugees. However thankfully the leadership is well in front. Instead of sniffing the wind and bowing to public pressure the leaders of the Western world are doing the right thing. Even in the US, the top leadership is not yet bending. But the lower tier wannabe's have decided pandering to fear is the thing to do.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>What I wish people would understand and get clear about Christianity is this,
>Christianity is not about sociological or political ideology . It is about the
>forgiveness of sin and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy
>Spirit.

Many people claim to be Christian. Some people do so by rationalizations and by vague spiritual claims, generally done so in a way to prove that they are the "true" Christians, unlike all the other posers. Some people do so by following the example set by Christ. In general I prefer the latter.

RonD1120

What I wish people would understand and get clear about Christianity is this, Christianity is not about sociological or political ideology. It is about the forgiveness of sin and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Anything beyond that is merely intellectualization.

Honest and serious question:

Do you believe that a person has to actually follow the teachings of Christ to be a true Christian? Or at least to try to the best of their ability?

Or can a person simply "accept Jesus" as their personal savior, and then continue to treat others badly, hurt or even kill other people, and still be allowed entry into the "kingdom of God"?
I'm not talking about actions before finding Christ, I'm talking about after.

Or, to put it another way: Are there any expectations on the part of Jesus in a "personal relationship" with him?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Honest and serious question:

Do you believe that a person has to actually follow the teachings of Christ to be a true Christian? Or at least to try to the best of their ability?

Or can a person simply "accept Jesus" as their personal savior, and then continue to treat others badly, hurt or even kill other people, and still be allowed entry into the "kingdom of God"?

The answer as usual is probably a little bit of both and somewhere in between. Belief in Christ will be evidenced by a positive change in behavior, however, I don't think ones political view on refugee policy and it's perceived threat on national security is a means by which one's faith should be measured.

Many referrals and applications from refugees around the world are denied in the US for a variety of reasons every year, yet we typically manage to take in the proposed quota of 70,000 refugee admissions annually, not to mention the 2-4 billion in financial aid given for the Syrian crisis alone - hardly a "betrayal of our deepest values."

I didn't hear Obama talking about "slamming the door in the face of refugees" when the Refugee Family Reunification Program was suspended because of "fraud" in 2008 - hell it wasn't even a perceived national security threat.

I didn't hear Obama talking about "a betrayal of our values" when we missed our 70,000 refugee quota by 15,000 in 2011 when refugee processing was significantly scaled back due to Iraqi operatives that found their way into the US through the refugee program in 2009.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Skyrad

LOL.. I thought this was going to be a thread by a Canadian.

radio story over lunch - Canada refusing to let single male refugees into the country.....Have to go find a cite to confirm....seems like that restriction is still short a couple of key adjectives before it's reasonable.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>What I wish people would understand and get clear about Christianity is this,
>Christianity is not about sociological or political ideology . It is about the
>forgiveness of sin and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy
>Spirit.

Many people claim to be Christian. Some people do so by rationalizations and by vague spiritual claims, generally done so in a way to prove that they are the "true" Christians, unlike all the other posers. Some people do so by following the example set by Christ. In general I prefer the latter.

One has to pay attention to works versus relationship with Christ.

When a person has been saved, and only they and God know for certain, they receive the Holy Spirit to guide them to a closer walk with Jesus.

That is why we are cautioned, ordered, not to judge others. We cannot judge whether they are Christian and working out their path or complete fakes. We can only judge their fruit or results.

Coreeece provided a good answer. Something pointed out to me last Sunday by a strong Christian CMA member, during the Civil War both the North and the South prayed to the same God.

normiss

I thought he said to not judge others.
huh.

That is what I said.

We can only judge the consequences of action. We cannot judge whether or not a person is a Christian.

After we become more mature in our Christian walk we develop a sense of the person's spirit. See 1 Cor 12.

rehmwa

***LOL.. I thought this was going to be a thread by a Canadian.

radio story over lunch - Canada refusing to let single male refugees into the country.....Have to go find a cite to confirm....seems like that restriction is still short a couple of key adjectives before it's reasonable.

This story is mostly correct. Male refugees "travelling" alone will not be allowed into Canada, they have to be part of a family unit.

Not clear to me at this point if family unit would include two brothers, or a father and son.

SkyDekker

******LOL.. I thought this was going to be a thread by a Canadian.

This story is mostly correct. Male refugees "travelling" alone will not be allowed into Canada, they have to be part of a family unit.

Not clear to me at this point if family unit would include two brothers, or a father and son.

so.....why are Canadians so full of hate over brown people?

(it's a bit tongue in cheek, and rather hard to even type out considering normal humor about Canadians - but, you get the drift - :D)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

so.....why are Canadians so full of hate over brown people?

It is supposed to reduce the risk of importing a terrorist through the Syrian refugees.

Should be noted this is only in place for the 25,000 Syrian refugees to be brought to Canada prior to the end of the year.

>One has to pay attention to works versus relationship with Christ.

James 2:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.