JohnnyMarko

Paris attacks: Shootings kill 18, hostage-taking at Bataclan arts centre

SkyDekker

Who has made a direct threat against you and your family?

Or are you referencing your general fear that Muslims are dangerous and out to get you? If so, I'll just continue on ignoring you.

We may live in the mountains but we pay attention to Daesh/ISIS propaganda threats.

Hah! You can't ignore me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>You can test away all you like.

You were proposing the test, not me. I actually think it's a really, really dumb idea. I was just wondering if you were willing to submit to the test that you demand others take. As I suspected, you got bent out of shape and took it as some kind of attack.

If you perceive that your own test is an attack if someone applies it to you, why would others not react the same way?

billvon

>Please explain how we can tell the difference so that we can neutralize the bad guys?

Simple. Terrorists use terror as a political weapon; they kill people and blow up buildings.

Muslims are just people of a different religion.

Here's a question for you - from altitude, how do you tell a Muslim from a Christian?

I'm reminded of an editorial cartoon during the Southeast Asian War Games, showing a B-52 dropping ordnance.

The caption from the cockpit says "do what I do, kid - pretend there's nobody down there."

For Ron, and everyone else as well.

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

Rudyard Kipling
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw

"Reza Aslan Slams Bill Maher for Facile Arguments’ About Muslim Violence"

This is so relevant, not only because it is on subject but it is also a obvious example of what happens on here in SC. 9 min interview about Islam.

You have FACTS and people who cant see passed their own inner loop and want to make it right regardless of the facts.

Has the intelligence gap goon the same way as the financial gap? I am serious has it? Watching this conversation is painful he is using clear words they are easy to understand but its like talking to chimps. THEY JUST DON"T GET IT because they don't want to.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

RonD1120

Bottom line in my area, not all Muslims are terrorists but all the terrorists are Muslim.

Top hit from Georgia Bombing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph

Isn't Nantahala pretty close to where you live?

edit: this one is more current and more on topic. About your age, so showing that it isn't just the young radicals:
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/03/georgia-patriot-reportedly-planted-pipe-bombs-in-park-to-sow-fear-of-muslims/

Darius11

This is so relevant, not only because it is on subject but it is also a obvious example of what happens on here in SC. 9 min interview about Islam.

You have FACTS and people who cant see passed their own inner loop and want to make it right regardless of the facts.

Has the intelligence gap goon the same way as the financial gap? I am serious has it? Watching this conversation is painful he is using clear words they are easy to understand but its like talking to chimps. THEY JUST DON"T GET IT because they don't want to.

All religions are flawed by their very nature. The made-up universal religions (Scientology, Mormon, Islam, et al.) are singularly bogus, but Islam stands out as being virulent and pathological.

Since the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was on board with Nazi Germany, saying that his fatwa was but the Islamic contribution to the Final Solution is not a stretch at all. My copy of the Koran and my copy of Mein Kampf sit beside each other. Frankly, given the choice between Nazis and Muslims, I'll take Nazis any day - they bring a lot more to the party than sheer fecundity.

In any event, despite the relatively benign manifestation of Islam in some peoples and locales, Islam is one of the most toxic and destructive mental illnesses out there.

Reza Aslan is likely one heck of a nice guy, and quite bright, but he is the one that does not get it. He distinguishes between Daesh and Hezbollah the way a toxicologist distinguishes between cyanide and ricin. Netanyahu's point is that they are equally lethal, so it's a different conversation.

The Prince of Peace Muhammad was not. He was a vicious, perverted psychopath, and those who follow him should be viewed with that in mind.

BSBD,

Winsor

Darius11

I am in the same neighborhood where he teaches. Have never heard of him before. But thank you for posting that. I agree with what he has to say. People are to quick with that broad brush with way too many topics.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

billvon

>You are still going to have to deal with collateral damage and the Proportionality
>Doctrine when deciding to drop these missiles in areas where there could be civilian
>injuries and death.

An excellent way to avoid those civilian deaths (and an excellent way to avoid raising the next generation of anti-Americans whose parents were killed by America) is deciding to not drop those missiles in areas where there could be civilian injuries and deaths.

Once we start treating the innocent in other countries the same way we treat innocent people here (or more accurately the way we _used_ to treat innocent people here) we will deprive terrorists of their best weapon against us - resentment for US killings of civilians.

This right here is why we can't win anymore. If you value human life but your enemy doesn't, all they have to do is surround themselves with innocent victims particularly women and children. Yes, destroying their infrastructure is important but taking out those in charge and cutting off the money supply is even more so.

I'll be the first to say that we shouldn't be in the Middle East at all. But, if we're going to be there we need to increase acceptable losses and collateral damage.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

RonD1120

Bottom line in my area, not all Muslims are terrorists but all the terrorists are Muslim.

How many terrorists are there in your area?

You have a very narrow world view. Tim McVeigh was a Christian. The Provisional IRA was Catholic and they killed over 1,800 people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

How many terrorists are there in your area?

You have a very narrow world view. Tim McVeigh was a Christian. The Provisional IRA was Catholic and they killed over 1,800 people.

There is something here to chew on in Ron's point. Muslims are 23% of the world population. 1.57 billion people. Only a very small number are what we would call terrorists. But, McVeigh and the IRA and Dylan Roof aside, nearly all the the acts being committed in the world that we call terrorism are in fact being done by people identifying as Muslim. That's a fact that can not be denied or ignored. It is valid to question why this fact is real.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

But, McVeigh and the IRA and Dylan Roof aside, nearly all the the acts being committed in the world that we call terrorism are in fact being done by people identifying as Muslim. That's a fact that can not be denied or ignored. It is valid to question why this fact is real.

Think of it as Islam trying to catch up with the Catholic Church-sponsored Crusades of a thousand years ago.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***But, McVeigh and the IRA and Dylan Roof aside, nearly all the the acts being committed in the world that we call terrorism are in fact being done by people identifying as Muslim. That's a fact that can not be denied or ignored. It is valid to question why this fact is real.

Think of it as Islam trying to catch up with the Catholic Church-sponsored Crusades of a thousand years ago.

Yes. No shortage of historical examples of bad behavior from the followers of Christ. But we need answers on how to deal with the problems we are faced with today. What is happening in the world now is not a response to the Crusades.

"Here's a question for you - from altitude, how do you tell a Muslim from a Christian?

The best way is having a Christian lazing the Muslim from a safe distance so that the Christian Pilot can rain death down on the infidel.:P

Well that's one way, I'm sure there are others.

Let me see if I remember how this goes off hand.
TAD as SOI, move curser over map target
TGP on, set from area to point mode.
China hat slew to target acquire tracking
Set TGP as SOI, and SPI
Select OSB DSMS, cool off maverick.
Slew maverick to TGP SPI
Master to arm
Rifle....FREEDOM delivered!

gowlerk

But, McVeigh and the IRA and Dylan Roof aside,

Well, there's those, but also the Tamil Tigers, Andreas Breivik, The Lord's Resistance Army, Volkert van der Graaff, the ETA and the KKK - and that's only off the top of my head. Google will indubitably reveal many more christian, hindu, buddhist, sikh, jewish (etc.) terrorists/terror groups/freedom fighters.

Especially if you look past the recent history, all the way back to the early twentieth century.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

gowlerk

But, McVeigh and the IRA and Dylan Roof aside, nearly all the the acts being committed in the world that we call terrorism are in fact being done by people identifying as Muslim. That's a fact that can not be denied or ignored. It is valid to question why this fact is real.

Because the identity of the belligerent has a very real impact on what we call terrorism and what we call war.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

headoverheels

***"The best way is having a Christian lazing

What is "lazing?" I've know a lot of lazy Christians, as well as lazy Muslims.

You "paint" a target with radar, you "sparkle" the target with a laser designator.

Lazing is target identification for precision munitions.

jakee

*** But, McVeigh and the IRA and Dylan Roof aside, nearly all the the acts being committed in the world that we call terrorism are in fact being done by people identifying as Muslim. That's a fact that can not be denied or ignored. It is valid to question why this fact is real.

Because the identity of the belligerent has a very real impact on what we call terrorism and what we call war.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

billvon

>You can test away all you like.

You were proposing the test, not me. I actually think it's a really, really dumb idea. I was just wondering if you were willing to submit to the test that you demand others take. As I suspected, you got bent out of shape and took it as some kind of attack.

If you perceive that your own test is an attack if someone applies it to you, why would others not react the same way?

No, I asked Baksteen a question regarding proper profiling. I thought since he lives in an occupied country he may have some useful information.

For example, the Islamic terrorist that opened fire on the Chattanooga recruiting station was not identified until it was too late.

Chattanooga TN is close to home.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

headoverheels

Top hit from Georgia Bombing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph

Isn't Nantahala pretty close to where you live?

edit: this one is more current and more on topic. About your age, so showing that it isn't just the young radicals:
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/03/georgia-patriot-reportedly-planted-pipe-bombs-in-park-to-sow-fear-of-muslims/

Yep, Nantahala is my back yard.

As you can see, some folks are quite concerned. Hopefully, with proper profiling we could identify the bad guys in a more efficacious and efficient manner.