JohnnyMarko

Paris attacks: Shootings kill 18, hostage-taking at Bataclan arts centre

ryoder

Good

One thing they do understand

Kill one of ours and we will kill a hundred of yours! Pound them into the ground France.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

hell, has there even BEEN any sort of official confirmation of the motive for these attacks??

Would it make you feel better about it if these people had a reason?

My point was that the poster to whom I was responding was already calling for the deportation of Muslims, without any Muslim group claiming responsibility nor any official word that this was an act of Islamic extremism. It was knee-jerk bigotry, and I was calling it out.

And I'm annoyed I'm having to explain this, you're smart enough to not need that.

Well I believe ISIS has claimed responsibility...therefore the proper Knee-Jerk reaction should be deportation of those that have expressed Radical views. Take the PC out of it and do what is in the best interest of the Nation.

Man I'm telling you, the PC brainwashing in this crowd...:S

If this is a typical week in America, by Friday of this week we will have lost more people to gun violence in the USA than were killed last week in France. Yet the same people who call out for a violent US response to ISIS are the ones who steadfastly oppose doing anything about gun violence at home.

Well give your home town a month and they just might surpass ISIS Kill number. I suppose deportation somehow is a violent US response[:/].

I guess I judge a book by its cover, and currently the Islamic State is an ideology of DEATH.

But I'm a believer of changing an evil man's heart and give them the opportunity to embrace LOVE for family and community...if that fails, put a bullet in their brain. That last option tends to stop any future evil they my otherwise wish to engage in.

rushmc

Good

Kill one of ours and we will kill a hundred of yours! Pound them into the ground France.

I can't see the video at work. However, Raqqa is a population centre so I think I can safely assume that "we" are not killing a hundred of "theirs".. probably just mostly hitting innocent civilians, thereby ironically fuelling any anti Western sympathies and quite possibly even fertilising the IS recruiting grounds.

But at least "we" are Being Seen Doing Something...

I'm not saying "we" should do NOTHING, it's just that I'm of the opinion that a well-placed sniper's bullet through the head of a few carefully selected specific individuals is so much cleaner and better than any type of cluster f... er, bombing.
Cut the head off the snake....
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Channman

hell, has there even BEEN any sort of official confirmation of the motive for these attacks??

Would it make you feel better about it if these people had a reason?

My point was that the poster to whom I was responding was already calling for the deportation of Muslims, without any Muslim group claiming responsibility nor any official word that this was an act of Islamic extremism. It was knee-jerk bigotry, and I was calling it out.

And I'm annoyed I'm having to explain this, you're smart enough to not need that.

Well I believe ISIS has claimed responsibility...therefore the proper Knee-Jerk reaction should be deportation of those that have expressed Radical views. Take the PC out of it and do what is in the best interest of the Nation.

Man I'm telling you, the PC brainwashing in this crowd...:S

If this is a typical week in America, by Friday of this week we will have lost more people to gun violence in the USA than were killed last week in France. Yet the same people who call out for a violent US response to ISIS are the ones who steadfastly oppose doing anything about gun violence at home.

Well give your home town a month and they just might surpass ISIS Kill number. I suppose deportation somehow is a violent US response[:/].

I guess I judge a book by its cover, and currently the Islamic State is an ideology of DEATH.

But I'm a believer of changing an evil man's heart and give them the opportunity to embrace LOVE for family and community...if that fails, put a bullet in their brain. That last option tends to stop any future evil they my otherwise wish to engage in.

(responding to the thread)
Deportation.... for god's sake... What's next? Concentration camps? The fucking Gestapo?

Way to go! Just take it out on everyone who matches the stereotype and on whom you can get your hands, instead of just those who are actually guilty.

"Islam" isn't doing this. "Muslims" aren't doing this.

Terrorists are.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Baksteen

"Islam" isn't doing this. "Muslims" aren't doing this.

Terrorists are.

Please explain how we can tell the difference so that we can neutralize the bad guys?

Bottom line in my area, not all Muslims are terrorists but all the terrorists are Muslim.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Baksteen

Good

I can't see the video at work. However, Raqqa is a population centre so I think I can safely assume that "we" are not killing a hundred of "theirs".. probably just mostly hitting innocent civilians, thereby ironically fuelling any anti Western sympathies and quite possibly even fertilising the IS recruiting grounds.

But at least "we" are Being Seen Doing Something...

I'm not saying "we" should do NOTHING, it's just that I'm of the opinion that a well-placed sniper's bullet through the head of a few carefully selected specific individuals is so much cleaner and better than any type of cluster f... er, bombing.
Cut the head off the snake....

If one looks at this so called religion with any scrutiny, one realizes very fast that the snipers bullet will have little or no effect.
They (these terrorists) do not value life in the same manner as most of the world
The snipers bullet, (in their mind) sends them to their god and 70 virgins
Abraham Lincoln

JerryBaumchen

Hi turtle,

Admitting your belief is promotion in and of its self.

It is not. I am a confirmed atheist and I have never promoted my thinking.

Your lack of knowledge of the English language is being aptly demonstrated.

Jerry Baumchen

That is simply not true.

If you did not want to further the atheistic belief system, you shouldn't have mentioned it at all. "Any publicity is good publicity" or are you unfamiliar with that phrase?

Your attempts at insulting my intelligence is being demonstrated most clearly.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>My sympathies do go out to the French people.

Biggest terrorist attack in US history. French response from Le Monde: We are all Americans.

Biggest terrorist attack in French history. US response from Newt Gingrich: You should have had more guns.

If they were all Americans, they would have had more guns.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***>My sympathies do go out to the French people.

Biggest terrorist attack in US history. French response from Le Monde: We are all Americans.

Biggest terrorist attack in French history. US response from Newt Gingrich: You should have had more guns.

And many more than 130 people would die every week.

If Americans have shown one thing, you are good at killing. Specially your own.

I love how a country with a society that kills at a higher rate than all other Western countries is proclaiming that if only France was like them, there would be less dead.

130 Is an absolute tragedy in France. In the US it is a peaceful day.

SkyDekker

******>My sympathies do go out to the French people.

I love how a country with a society that kills at a higher rate than all other Western countries is proclaiming that if only France was like them, there would be less dead.

Show me a post where I'I said there would be less dead?

Bilvon quoted Le Monde, and then Gingrich. What I wrote was truth. Le Monde aside "we are all Americans", Newt pointed out that they should have had more guns.( a statement that I disagree with)

If they were actually all Americans, as Le Monde states, Newt wouldn't have had to make that statement, because they would have had more guns.

SkyDekker

Thanks for explaining your side.

My comment stands with regard to the general principle as verbalized by Newt Gingrich and the many whom agree with him.

You are welcome.

I don't agree with Newt. The French are way to emotionally charged to be able to be trusted with guns anyway.

Americans having guns is a deterrent. Do you recall Japan's Isoroku Yamamoto alleged comments on invading the U.S. mainland? And a gun hiding behind every blade of grass?

It might not be true that he said that but the notion still rings out true in many people's minds, especially yours as indicated by your hyperbole comments about crossfire deaths from Americans shooting.

Iago

Well, we know which side you are on. It's all Bush's fault. No surprise there. Bush lied, people died, blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda whatever.

The ISI in Iraq was 'founded' in 2006 in response to the power vacuum there following the invasion.

Who fed bad intel to Congress and the American people to get them to support an ill-advised invasion?

Who appointed Bremer?

Whose hand picked PM was al Maliki?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

SkyDekker

Best thing the west can do is let other nations sort out their own internal problems.

Saddam, Mubarak, Gaddafi, Assad were/are all assholes, but their removal (or attempted removal in the case of Assad) has not exactly improved things.

We should have learned the lesson in the 1970s, when it became apparent that the CIA led overthrow of the Iranian government in 1953 came back to haunt us big time.

SkyDekker

the 130 claim is bull shit

More people own more guns in the us everyday
Yet rates are going down

You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about
Abraham Lincoln

cvfd1399

Americans having guns is a deterrent. Do you recall Japan's Isoroku Yamamoto alleged comments on invading the U.S. mainland? And a gun hiding behind every blade of grass?

It might not be true that he said that but the notion still rings out true in many people's minds, especially yours as indicated by your hyperbole comments about crossfire deaths from Americans shooting.

I fail to see the relevance. Shooting at a terrorist wearing a TATP vest is not exactly the smartest thing to do, nor does it equate in any way to confronting a conventional military invasion.

rushmc

*********>My sympathies do go out to the French people.

the 130 claim is bull shit

More people own more guns in the us everyday
Yet rates are going down

Indeed - down to only 4x the rate in, say, Australia or Western Europe.