JohnnyMarko

Paris attacks: Shootings kill 18, hostage-taking at Bataclan arts centre

JohnnyMarko

I don't even know why I keep posting to this forum. Any event, no matter where on Earth, always turns into Conservative Americans vs Liberal Americans.

Things I've learned from SC:

Rule #1: Anything that happens anywhere on the globe is Obama's fault.

Rule #2: American military force can solve any problem, and turn any country into a peaceful democracy.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>This attack in nothing compared to AGW. That's what the left keeps saying, right?

No, but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant. (And make sure you stay on top of the news, so you can use the latest tragedy to make your political points.)

Channman

Now back on topic, with reports that 5 attackers have been killed and one possible in custody it is my hope France and the USA put sensitivities aside and start deporting those Muslim men and their families that have been identified as threats. People don't have to like it but some tough measures need to be taken.

Why? See attached as reminder of what a tiny fraction of Islam is tied to these sorts of acts - hell, has there even BEEN any sort of official confirmation of the motive for these attacks??
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

billvon

>This attack in nothing compared to AGW. That's what the left keeps saying, right?

No, but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant. (And make sure you stay on top of the news, so you can use the latest tragedy to make your political points.)

Don't blame me, I learned from Obama. He sets new land speed records to get on top of dead children's bodies to rally for gun control.

So anyway:

Hillary: I won't rest until we get the person who made the video to incite these attacks!

Obama: ISIS is the JV team. GM is alive and Bin Ladin is dead. This was just a case of "Work Place Violence."

Joe Biden: All you got to do is blast your shot gun in the air to scare these people off.

Black Lives matter: This carnage is nothing compared to the daily onslaught of african americans by police.

Liberal America: If only the Republicans/ NRA would have allowed France to pass some common sense gun laws.

My liberal hero Rob Emmanuel said don't let a crisis go to waste, so I won't. He's doing a bang up job in Chicago.

On a more serious note, the death toll is over 150 now. It looks like there were 8 people involved in the attacks at 6 locations. Some I've even heard in mentioned on the news that some people are calling this France's 9/11. My heart truly does go out to the victims. Don't let my "Speakers Corner" persona fool you.:(
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

normiss

As a planet, we should have had enough now and commit to actually dealing with this.
But we won't.

Fucking humans. [:/]

What "this" do you refer too?

Serious question
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I certainly do not have a perfect, comprehensive answer. However, my wife and I had supper last night with friends from our church. We were discussing Scripture, politics, guns and so forth when the news of the Paris attacks came by way of a telephone call.

We believe we need to come together as a community and begin contingency planning. We believe Daesh/ISIS/Islamic terrorist are going to attack again here in the U.S. We believe the next one will be a large scale offensive as was Paris.

Find out who in your community shares your thoughts. Start forming your own plans for survival. Determine your allies and how and what you need to do as a group.

Find out where in your state the enemy camps are. Georgia is reported to have two.

Georgia also has two federal offices, one in Atlanta and another in Savannah, for refugee resettlement. Find out where these offices are in your state and where they plan to resettle the Islamic refugees in your state.

As a PGR friend of mine says, "Keep your eyes on the olive branch and arrows at the ready."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Sadly this attack comes from the open border mind set that feels cultural diversity is more important for a country than assimilation.

The Paris attack came on the same day Obama claims ISSIS is under control and not growing in strength and have been contained. This is a dangerous position IMO

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/13/obama-isis-is-not-getting-stronger-we-have-contained-them/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

***I don't even know why I keep posting to this forum. Any event, no matter where on Earth, always turns into Conservative Americans vs Liberal Americans.

Things I've learned from SC:

Rule #1: Anything that happens anywhere on the globe is Obama's fault.

Rule #2: American military force can solve any problem, and turn any country into a peaceful democracy.

Well, at least you're objective...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

hell, has there even BEEN any sort of official confirmation of the motive for these attacks??

Would it make you feel better about it if these people had a reason?

Well if it were the American police, it would be understandable, and accepted.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

When the IRA was bombing and shooting hundreds of people in Britain a few years ago there wasn't an outcry about deporting Catholics, how RC was a religion of hate, etc., etc. Rather, there were collections taken up in Boston, NYC and San Francisco (among other places) to buy weapons for IRA terrorists.

At various times pretty much all religions have had extremist followers who commit atrocities in the name of their religion.

How many people have atheists killed for the purpose of promoting atheism?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Let's see if he really steps up.

"France is our oldest ally, the French people have stood by the American people time and again, we want to be very clear that we stand together with them in the fight against terrorism and extremism," he said.

Related: World leaders express condolences

"We're going to do whatever it takes to work with the French people and nations around the world to bring these terrorists to justice and to go after any terrorist networks that go after our people."

Obama said he would not speculate on who was responsible for the attacks, which struck multiple locations across Paris, including the Stade France football stadium, where the French team was playing Germany in a friendly match, and the Bataclan art centre, where scores were shot dead.

Maybe he will kill those terrorists like he killed Bin Laden.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Let's see if he really steps up.

"France is our oldest ally, the French people have stood by the American people time and again, we want to be very clear that we stand together with them in the fight against terrorism and extremism," he said.

"We're going to do whatever it takes to work with the French people and nations around the world to bring these terrorists to justice and to go after any terrorist networks that go after our people."

Obama said he would not speculate on who was responsible for the attacks, which struck multiple locations across Paris, including the Stade France football stadium, where the French team was playing Germany in a friendly match, and the Bataclan art centre, where scores were shot dead.

I'll take this as one of your usual backhanded swipes at Obama and just point out that Eisenhower didn't personally kill any Germans on D-Day, but he is credited with the victory.

It does seem, however, that under Obama's watch the troops he commands did indeed kill ObL, and just yesterday got Jihadi John.

kallend

When the IRA was bombing and shooting hundreds of people in Britain a few years ago there wasn't an outcry about deporting Catholics, how RC was a religion of hate, etc., etc. Rather, there were collections taken up in Boston, NYC and San Francisco (among other places) to buy weapons for IRA terrorists.

At various times pretty much all religions have had extremist followers who commit atrocities in the name of their religion.

http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who-give-atheism-a-bad-name/

But what's a couple million anyway?
What difference, at this point, does it really make now anyway?

kallend

***Let's see if he really steps up.

I'll take this as one of your usual backhanded swipes at Obama and just point out that Eisenhower didn't personally kill any Germans on D-Day, but he is credited with the victory.

It does seem, however, that under Obama's watch the troops he commands did indeed kill ObL, and just yesterday got Jihadi John.

How often was Ike in the field vs Obama, I'd say about equal if you consider his golf outings as being in the field.

turtlespeed

Having a little reading comprehension problem this morning?

kallend

Having a little reading comprehension problem this morning?

Define your meaning of promotion, in the context that you wrote it without being so ambiguous.

Promotion of atheism can be simply admitting you are an atheist. Admitting your belief is promotion in and of its self.

You just can't bring yourself to admit that no wars have ever been fought under the banner of atheism.

Many have been fought (and millions killed) under the banners of the religions of the world.

Yes, atheists have killed a bunch of people for other reasons. But so have Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc. killed for reasons other than religion.

normiss

As a planet, we should have had enough now and commit to actually dealing with this.
But we won't.

Fucking humans. [:/]

As a 'planet'? Seriously?

In global terms the Paris attack is nothing. It doesn't even register compared to the horrendous violence that hundreds of millions of people live in the shadow of every single day. What have you committed to dealing with that, human?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

turtlespeed

Of those, Stalin's actions against the churchies are the only ones that even remotely quality for what Kallend is talking about. The rest are just people being cunts that would have been cunts no matter what their person belief was.
cavete terrae.