normiss

Dr. Carson the street thug?

>Amazing, isn't it, that when a news anchor (Brian Williams) was caught in a lie he
>was hounded out of his job. O'Reilly got heat for his lie too (but kept his job). Now
>Carson is caught in a lie and people are defending him with weasel-words.

Well, he is a politician. It's sort of expected.

billvon

>Amazing, isn't it, that when a news anchor (Brian Williams) was caught in a lie he
>was hounded out of his job. O'Reilly got heat for his lie too (but kept his job). Now
>Carson is caught in a lie and people are defending him with weasel-words.

Well, he is a politician. It's sort of expected.

Can we go back to the Egyptian grain silos?
Remster

Well one naval academy graduate and one West Point graduate has recently spoke out about this and both agreed that what Carson said isn't true to the term of it but has been used by themselves and others to describe as how payment for those schools work.

kallend

******No, he claimed that he was given a full scholarship to West Point. Now he is conceding that never happened.

I now see what you're saying about there being a banquet about 4 months earlier.

Carson is toast.

Part of his appeal is his apparent honesty. Since it is becoming apparent that he is a lying piece of shit, his numbers are likely to tank.

Clinton, OTOH, is a lawyer, so 'truth' to her depends on what the definition of "is" is.

BSBD,

Winsor

Apparently his poll numbers among inner city blacks have tanked since it was revealed that he didn't really stab anyone.

He did not say that he stabbed anyone, he said that he attempted to do so, but demonstrated consummate incompetence with edged implements. This apparently led him to the conclusion that he would be a gifted surgeon.

Evidently, his admission that his attempt at establishing street cred by senselessly stabbing his homey was a total failure was the source of derision in the hood. Had he successfully disemboweled the target of his disrespect, he would have gained the admiration of the uptown crowd.

I am actually dismayed that, being as poor a liar as he is, he would seek to rely on dishonesty at this point. For him to outdo someone like, say, Hillary Clinton at mendacity and prevarication is out of the question - it's like pitting a Cub Scout Pack against a platoon of Recon Marines.

A full scholarship to West Point? Please.

Had he said he was promised an appointment to the Academy by someone with the stroke to make it happen, that could be plausible. The way he phrased it makes it bullshit coming and going.

I suspect we are looking at the Dunning Kruger effect here. The fact that he appears unaware that there are people who know the difference is disquieting.

Maybe he's just trying to make Trump look good. Since I don't think doing so is possible, I am impressed by how bad he now looks.

Some religions have followers that show up for social reasons and may or may not care one way or another about the belief system. His is one that requires the kind of suspension of disbelief that Ed Wood would envy, which is also disquieting. In all fairness Mormon is on a par with Scientology for keeping the bullshit meter pinned, but at least the last guy knew from black ink and had some idea about how to turn an enterprise around.

Alas, in politics as in many things, the scum rises to the top. I despair at quite what particular sleazewad/fuckwit we will have as the Grand Poobah on the next go around. I wish I could watch this one from afar.

BSBD,

Winsor

Here are the requirements for a nomination to West Point:
http://www.usma.edu/admissions/sitepages/apply_nominations.aspx

Now note that is just to be nominated.
Nomination does not guarantee admission.
The next step is that West Point makes selections from those who have been nominated.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I know, have known and am very familar with how it all works.

That being said how hard is it for a general, and members of the staff to tell someone it is in the bag. All they have to do is pick up the phone and call that senator, representative, etc and say this is our guy, please write the letter so we can process him in. They know they have the power to do it without needing someones preapproval.

That works on all levels from getting hired on my department on up to presidents helping out their sons and daughters.

cvfd1399

I know, have known and am very familar with how it all works.

That being said how hard is it for a general, and members of the staff to tell someone it is in the bag. All they have to do is pick up the phone and call that senator, representative, etc and say this is our guy, please write the letter so we can process him in. They know they have the power to do it without needing someones preapproval.

That works on all levels from getting hired on my department on up to presidents helping out their sons and daughters.

More weasel words from our anonymous poster.

Having someone, even a big-shot, suggest they will put in a good word for you is NOT the same as being "offered a slot".

Doesn't work that way to get on a big-way. (Ask me how I know)

Doesn't work that way to get into a college or university.

Doesn't work that way to get into West Point.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It most DEFINATLY does work that way in politics and government. To say this isn't so is completely ignorant of the relationship canidates have with their donors and pacs after getting in office. The bush and hillary dynasties could have a book written about this.

At this point you are just being a troll and ignoring common sense thinking that.

1. A General of the army and members of West Point can't make a few phone calls and guarauntee you a spot at West Point knowing your excellent background and achievements.

2. It isn't considered a scholarship in informal terms. I have provided proof of a West Point poster saying themselves it is a scholarship from the federal government.

cvfd1399

It most DEFINATLY does work that way in politics and government. To say this isn't so is completely ignorant of the relationship canidates have with their donors and pacs after getting in office. The bush and hillary dynasties could have a book written about this.

At this point you are just being a troll and ignoring common sense thinking that.

1. A General of the army and members of West Point can't make a few phone calls and guarauntee you a spot at West Point knowing your excellent background and achievements.

2. It isn't considered a scholarship in informal terms. I have provided proof of a West Point poster saying themselves it is a scholarship from the federal government.

And his weaseling continues.

The last officer to be a General of the Army was Omar Bradley.

Generals are not among the set of people who may nominate an individual to West Point.

West Point does not grant scholarships. He was not offered a scholarship. He was not "offered a slot" by West Point.

The guy is (apparently) smart enough to get an MD and become a surgeon, yet you claim he misinterprets what he's told about college.

Carson embellished the truth in TWO separate books and on his Facebook page. Most of us call that lying.

kallend

West Point does not grant scholarships. He was not offered a scholarship. He was not "offered a slot" by West Point.

Well, there is a "West Point Preparatory Scholarship Program", but it is not to attend WP, but to attend a year of classes at a prep school or junior college, prior to applying to WP. The program began in 1979, ten years after the issue in in question.

http://www.westpointaog.org/Prepschoolscholarship
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kallend

***It most DEFINATLY does work that way in politics and government. To say this isn't so is completely ignorant of the relationship canidates have with their donors and pacs after getting in office. The bush and hillary dynasties could have a book written about this.

And his weaseling continues.

The last officer to be a General of the Army was Omar Bradley.

Generals are not among the set of people who may nominate an individual to West Point.

The guy is (apparently) smart enough to get an MD and become a surgeon, yet you claim he misinterprets what he's told about college.

Carson embellished the truth in TWO separate books and on his Facebook page. Most of us call that lying.

Whatever John just whatver.

kallend

Having someone, even a big-shot, suggest they will put in a good word for you is NOT the same as being "offered a slot".

Doesn't work that way to get on a big-way. (Ask me how I know)

It used to. Maybe less so these days.

Doesn't work that way to get into a college or university.

When I was hired at my first real job out of grad school, a professor who consulted at the company part time "put in a good word" for my wife, and got her into a local university despite having been rejected by them for her low GPA from her GA Tech years.

Doesn't work that way to get into West Point.

No idea, but I wouldn't doubt it, at least for someone not totally disqualified.

It seems his claim of being the "most honest student in the class" at Yale is also dubious, since the class he mentions doesn't (and didn't) exist.

And the Baltimore police have no record of an incident in which he claims he had a gun stuck in his ribs in a Popeye's restaurant.

And according to the WSJ: "In response to a question at a recent GOP presidential debate, Mr. Carson said he “didn’t have an involvement” with Mannatech Inc., a multilevel marketing company that sells nutritional supplements, and called any suggestion to the contrary “propaganda.” Mr. Carson, who has taken the company’s products, appeared in videos that could until recently be found on Mannatech’s website, including two filmed in 2013 and styled like commercials.

Mr. Carson also has given four paid speeches at Mannatech gatherings; the proceeds from three went to a Carson-affiliated charity. Mannatech settled false-advertising charges with Texas in 2009.
"

:D

kallend

And according to the WSJ: "In response to a question at a recent GOP presidential debate, Mr. Carson said he “didn’t have an involvement” with Mannatech Inc., a multilevel marketing company that sells nutritional supplements, and called any suggestion to the contrary “propaganda.” Mr. Carson, who has taken the company’s products, appeared in videos that could until recently be found on Mannatech’s website, including two filmed in 2013 and styled like commercials.

Mr. Carson also has given four paid speeches at Mannatech gatherings; the proceeds from three went to a Carson-affiliated charity. Mannatech settled false-advertising charges with Texas in 2009.
"

I had never heard of Mannatech before now.
Apparently, it is yet another multi-level-marketing snake-oil producer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannatech:S
ABC "20/20" report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q-OUC7z8eI

Here is a video Carson did for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSoHRwtwvI
Some of comments are hilarious!:D

ryoder

"

Apparently, it is yet another multi-level-marketing snake-oil producer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannatech:S

Here is a video Carson did for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSoHRwtwvI

And here he is saying he welcomes hard questions:

youtu.be/0gO8ny1jins?t=375

Rather funny when compared with his attitude this morning.

This is what he said about Mannatech during the October 28 debate:

“I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda and this is what happens in our society. Total propaganda.”

kallend

"

And here he is saying he welcomes hard questions:

youtu.be/0gO8ny1jins?t=375

Rather funny when compared with his attitude this morning.

This is what he said about Mannatech during the October 28 debate:

“I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda and this is what happens in our society. Total propaganda.”

The lowest pieces of shit on this planet are snake oil salesman.

jclalor

In related news, Mr. Trump sure looked happy this morning.

Probably because he got his face all over TV last night?

You know what came across my mind this morning. You are all too familiar with Mr. Carson's situation. You yourself have been a person to say something that was misleading here for years. Sort of the truth but written in misrepresentation to mean more than it really is to make yourself seem more credible about the situation.

When it was found out about half a dozen people here agreed with what you were doing was leading us to believe it was way more of a deal than it really was. I think many will agree.