jgoose71

#carryeverywhere

One of the biggest lies gun control advocates try to spread is that everyone with a gun is some in-bread red neck out looking for a reason to pull his pistol and shoot someone.

Or....

If you own a firearm you are about to get shot.

Of course we know this is all propaganda trying to convince the general public that guns are going to jump out and gitcha!!!!

To an extent it has worked. There are a lot of people out there that have already been conditioned like Pavlov's dog to instinctively fear an inanimate object and recoil in horror every time they see one.

And as a result they are more than happy to outsource there safety and security to the government. The government knows best and hell, we've already outsourced everything else.

That's why I wanted to share this with everyone here on Speakers Corner!!!! I first saw the hash tag carryeverywhere on this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4Jx1c_B48

and promptly checked out the instagram page:
https://instagram.com/explore/tags/carryeverywhere/

Chances are a lot of liberals probably have had a guy concealed carrying right next to them and didn't know it, and you know what? They lived!

Like I've said, a lot of people have been conditioned to automatically piss their pants as soon as they see a gun, whether it's loaded or not, locked away in a safe, or what ever. They just can't get over the fear.

Maybe, just maybe, if they realized that they have passed by several people who were carrying and nothing happened because they were in the hands of a normal person they might be able to stop associating an action to an inanimate object. Then maybe we will be able to start addressing the real problems, the criminals. After all, if you turn on the news they are the only people you see carrying.

It's a part of the conditioning. Only criminals carry guns. normal people don't need guns. I'm turning responsibility over to the government. They are trained professionals! (best Paris Hilton Voice) I got people for that! I don't need to be responsible for my safety!

I would encourage anyone who carries regularly to post under the hash tag. You don't necessarily have to identify yourself.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Just in the past few weeks, there have been several instances of guns being dropped or falling out of bags and discharging - Google it yourself.

It's not just bad people with guns; it's also stupid people with guns (and as with other examples; the US has a greatly disproportionate number of "mishaps" compared to other advanced nations).

...referring to number of stupid people both carrying or accidentally shooting or leaving weapon unattended so that children or others can access them.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

Just in the past few weeks, there have been several instances of guns being dropped or falling out of bags and discharging - Google it yourself.

It's not just bad people with guns; it's also stupid people with guns (and as with other examples; the US has a greatly disproportionate number of "mishaps" compared to other advanced nations).

...referring to number of stupid people both carrying or accidentally shooting or leaving weapon unattended so that children or others can access them.

IF YOU BUY A GUN YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

...... and the conditioning continues....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

ill say it and say it again.

It is not a problem of guns its a problem of killers, we have an extremely narcissistic culture and it is getting worst.

No one thinks anything but ME ME ME.

Shit kids, shit parents, shit system makes shit people. There are places where they have more guns per capita and no where near the deaths.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Your points will come across more legitimate, if you rely on making intelligent statements as opposed to simply relying on using all caps, exclamation marks and line spacing.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

jgoose71

One of the biggest lies gun control advocates try to spread is that everyone with a gun is some in-bread red neck out looking for a reason to pull his pistol and shoot someone.

Or....

You just made two unbelievably stupid statements.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RMK

Your points will come across more legitimate, if you rely on making intelligent statements as opposed to simply relying on using all caps, exclamation marks and line spacing.

Legitimate or not it's the truth. Take the Terms "Gun Crime" or "Gun Violence". These are terms made up by the left to demonize guns.

You don't here terms like "Knife Crime," "Baseball Bat Crime," Sword Crime," or "Hammer Crime." Murder is murder regardless of the tool used, yet some people focus on the tool rather than the person or the crime.

It's all a part of the conditioning to get that Pavlov response to guns. The 200 million guns in the U.S. that are handled safely every day can get drowned out by one incident.

kallend

***One of the biggest lies gun control advocates try to spread is that everyone with a gun is some in-bread red neck out looking for a reason to pull his pistol and shoot someone.

Or....

You just made two unbelievably stupid statements.

Yes they are incredibly stupid. Why does the left keep pushing these ideas with arguments like "If you own a gun your odds of getting shot go up?" or "We are all a bunch of rednecks clinging to our god and guns?"

You know what? If you ride in a car, your chances of getting into a crash go up. If you swim, your odds of drowning go up, and if you eat your odds of choking go up. Yet the focus is always on the inanimate object, not the person.

And yes, normal people carry also. It's been a long time since I've worn a cowboy hat.

RMK

Is this sarcasm? If not then please provide a Google search showing "several instances in the past few weeks" because the results I'm getting are more "a few instances in the past several years." and when you read the story some of them had nothing to do with a gun being dropped. I've tried "dropped gun discharge", "dropped gun went off", and "gun fell went off".

There are only a couple models of handgun out there, outside of museum pieces, that will actually go off when dropped, and even then only under particular circumstances.

champu

***Just in the past few weeks, there have been several instances of guns being dropped or falling out of bags and discharging - Google it yourself.

Is this sarcasm? If not then please provide a Google search showing "several instances in the past few weeks" because the results I'm getting are more "a few instances in the past several years." and when you read the story some of them had nothing to do with a gun being dropped. I've tried "dropped gun discharge", "dropped gun went off", and "gun fell went off".

There are only a couple models of handgun out there, outside of museum pieces, that will actually go off when dropped, and even then only under particular circumstances.

It's an unsubstantiated regurgitated talking point put forth by someone who has been conditioned to an automatic Pavlov response to an inanimate object.

I wouldn't put to much weight on his assertions.....:P

Darius11

ill say it and say it again.

It is not a problem of guns its a problem of killers, we have an extremely narcissistic culture and it is getting worst.

No one thinks anything but ME ME ME.

Shit kids, shit parents, shit system makes shit people. There are places where they have more guns per capita and no where near the deaths.

Exactly. Why, not how is important.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

champu

***Just in the past few weeks, there have been several instances of guns being dropped or falling out of bags and discharging - Google it yourself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/09/deaths-of-children-are-the-most-devastating-effect-of-our-gun-culture-the-nra-has-no-idea-what-to-say-about-them/

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Exactly I have been to two gun courses where they had everyone line up and drop their guns on the ground. This was two fold to show us it won't go off just by the jolt of hitting he ground and it was ok to drop one especially in cases of police contact you want it out of your hand asap!

There have been glocks, sigs, smiths, kimber, colt, HIGH POINT!, etc, and others and none of them went off or has any instructor seen any go off in 20 years.

kallend

***One of the biggest lies gun control advocates try to spread is that everyone with a gun is some in-bread red neck out looking for a reason to pull his pistol and shoot someone.

Or....

You just made two unbelievably stupid statements.. Actually, no. You are wrong.

It is very believable.
It is just like the alarmists and climate change.

It is the fear the activists try to perpetuate.

I have heard those that want to ban guns say those very things, and they believe them.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

RMK

This is rubbish. The gun control act of 1968 made drop-safety testing mandatory for all gun manufacturers. I can take a loaded handgun and skip it across a parking lot and it wouldn't fire. In addition to the hammer or striker being knocked loose, the trigger has to be depressed to allow the hammer or striker to contact the firing pin.

christelsabine

******Just in the past few weeks, there have been several instances of guns being dropped or falling out of bags and discharging - Google it yourself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/09/deaths-of-children-are-the-most-devastating-effect-of-our-gun-culture-the-nra-has-no-idea-what-to-say-about-them/

This article is a perfect example of anti-gun propaganda!!! It puts all the blame on the guns and very liberally uses the term "Gun Violence" which once again is a made up term to attribute action to an inanimate object.

It also does a good job of standing on the bodies of dead children to elicit the fear response. Great example! Thanks!:ph34r:

faulknerwn

More great examples of Anti-Gun rhetoric!!!

These are not gun deaths. These are "Negligent Parent" deaths. How many kids die each year because a parent has his or her back turned? Do they ever make the news? NO!!!!

Why? because a gun was not involved. The media is doing a great job of documenting every incident that involves a gun to condition that fear response into people. They are sure to label it "Gun Deaths" or "Gun Violence" when a gun was not the party that did the action that allowed the accident to happen.

When a toddler falls off a balcony to his death do they label it a "Balcony Death?" Of course not. No agenda to push there.

christelsabine

More great examples of Anti-Gun rhetoric!!!

You sound like an actor on stage, reading his screenplqy ... ;)

More like a spectator in the audience who figured out the plot. Sorry I didn't start out my post with "Spoiler Alert!!!":P

RopeaDope

This is rubbish. The gun control act of 1968 made drop-safety testing mandatory for all gun manufacturers. I can take a loaded handgun and skip it across a parking lot and it wouldn't fire. In addition to the hammer or striker being knocked loose, the trigger has to be depressed to allow the hammer or striker to contact the firing pin.

Sure.

www.rawstory.com/2015/10/8-year-old-georgia-girl-fatally-shot-when-mom-drops-gun-while-braiding-childs-hair/

www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-penn-north-gun-arrest-20150505-story.html

denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/25/gun-goes-off-after-woman-drops-purse-in-whole-foods/

www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2015/10/2_injured_in_accidental_shooti.html

www.good4utah.com/news/local-wasatch-front-/a-gun-is-accidentally-discharged-inside-a-chipotle-in-sandy-gun-owner-not-cited

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Paraphrased from someone else's report on the issue;

What will cause a dropped gun to fire?
1. A mechanical defect that allows the hammer to drop.
2. Inertia causing the firing pin to move forward, coming into contact with the primer hard enough to fire.

What is done to prevent this from happening in modern firearms?
1. Regular inspections and proper maintenance will help insure that your weapon is functioning properly.
2. Most, if not all of the current manufacturers have implemented some sort of measure to reduce, if not eliminate, the chances of a discharge due to the weapon being dropped. Some states, California being the most notable, have implemented a “drop test” that the pistol must pass before that particular model can be sold in that state.
a. Most manufacturers have implemented some sort of a firing pin block safety. This is a safety that actually blocks the firing pin, preventing it from moving forward until the pistol is either held correctly (like the Schwartz style safety used by Kimber) or the trigger is actually pulled (most of the others like the Colt Series 80 or Glock’s Safe Action).
b. Others have modified existing parts without changing the basic design (Like Springfield using a light weight firing pin with a heavy firing pin spring).
c. Still others have done nothing, relying on the original design to function as it was meant to.

In most cases, it requires a very specific set of circumstances to allow the weapon to fire because of being dropped (such as being dropped on the muzzle in almost a perfect 90 degree vertical drop from a high enough point to be able to overcome the strength of the firing pin spring) in order for the firing pin to be moved forward with enough force to cause the pistol to fire. This is, as already mentioned, virtually a one in a million chance. Much more common is that somebody accidently pulls the trigger, or the intentionally pull the trigger thinking that the weapon is empty.

The term is use for a long time was "accidental discharge". This was eventually changed to he more appropriately termed "negligent discharge"

Gun don't "just go off". As stated above, usually he gun is "fired" through some type of negligent action, and then the CYA excuse is, "I don't know what happened, it just [went off]".