Amazon

Public Service Announcement

Just sayin

List of Fake News Sites (Satire and Hoaxes)

I’m really tired of the amount of fake news that has sprung up across the internet. In the past satire site’s like The Onion did a good job of being obvious they were fake. Unfortunately there is a new breed of satire sites out there that attempt to mimic real sites and twist real news stories in such a way to draw people into clicking them and ultimately many people spread these false claims across their social media. The worse thing is that many people believe the content on these fake news sites because they never read the disclaimer link in the bottom of the pages that say it’s a satire site or worse, they don’t understand what it means when a site describes itself as an “open source” or “speculative” news site that allows anyone to share their stories.

Alternet.org
BeforeItsNews.com
Christwire.org
Chronicle.su
ConsciousLifeNews.com
CounterPsyOps.com
CSGlobal.com
DailyCurrant.com
DailyPaul.com
DCClothesline.com
DownTrend.com
Duffleblog.com
EagleRising.com
English.ruvr.ru
EUTimes.net
Examiner.com
FederalistPress.com
FreedomOutpost.com
FreePatriot.org
FromTheTrenchesWorldReport.com
GlobalResearch.ca
GonzoGlobe.com
GovtSlaves.com
GulagBound.com
HangTheBankers.com
HealthImpactNews.com
InfoWars.com
IntelliHub.com
InternetChronicle.su
ItMakesSenseBlog.com
LewRockwell.com
LibertyDigest.com
MrConservative.com
NationalReport.net
NaturalCuresNotMedicine.com
NaturalNews.com
Newsmax.com
PalookavillePost.com
PoliticalBlindSpot.com
PrisonPlanet.com
RandPaulReview.com
RealFarmacy.com
RedFlagNews.com
SouthWeb.org
TheCommonSenseShow.com
TheControversialFiles.net
TheDailySheeple.com
TheLastGreatStand.com
TheOnion.com
TheRightPlanet.com
TopInfoPost.com
UndergroundHealth.com
USAHitman.com
VeteransToday.com
VineOfLifeNews.com
WesternJournalism.com
WhyDontYouTryThis.com
WorldNewsDailyReport.com
WorldTruth.tv

More of the same.... I like this ones take on this phenomenon

http://www.fortliberty.org/hoax-sites.html

A small group of morally-challenged individuals have discovered that there is a great deal of money to be made by publishing fake news articles. These rags publish ridiculous headlines like “Monsanto is Killing Your Children”, “Ukrainians Worship the Devil”, and “Hillary Clinton’s Secret Affair with Vladimir Putin”. These inflammatory headlines are then promoted though social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. The owners of these sites make money from ads that display on their sites when people read the articles. It appears that the more inflammatory and unbelievable the headline, the better it spreads through social media. Debunking these stories can be almost impossible, as the “facts” they contain are unverifiable and therefore unfalsifiable. Although there is no evidence that Hillary Clinton is having an affair with Vladimir Putin, there is also not evidence that she is not having an affair with Vladimir Putin.

A few of these web sites may be run by truly insane people who actually believe what they publish, but if so that is a small minority. One of the proofs of this is how obviously fake the articles are. Old and heavily debunked articles from several years age are routinely updated with new dates and names and republished as new stories. Some site owners may believe that they are trying to shift public opinion by convincing the public to believe outrageous lies. Followers of this Overton Window theory believe that by making wildly unbelievable and bombastic claims, their slightly less unbelievable claims will feel more acceptable to readers. While this certainly may be true, that does not make it a morally acceptable strategy for discussing public policy. Other site owners may feel that they are simply “talking to their base” and that this relieves them of any moral duty to tell the truth. This is a reflection of the sad state of moral thinking in our society today. A few sites claim to be “humor” or “satire” sites and exist mainly to provide links which people can use to fool unsuspecting victims on social media. These sites will sometimes post a disclaimer in the site footer, but often these disclaimers will disappear and reappear over time. A small number of sites on our list are simply government-funded propaganda sites which post ridiculous claims from tyrannical governments which want to improve their public image or attack the public images of their opponents.

The sites on the list below are a mix of all of these types of sites. Strict categorization is not simple as many of these sites exist in multiple categories or switch between categories based upon whatever proves to be most profitable at the current time.

:oHangtheBankers.com isn't a real serious news site??? Who'd a thunk it?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

EagleRising.com

walkingeagle.com is available. You can buy it for $13895 and post your doom and gloom flood stories there.

If that's too expensive, floatingeagle.com might be a bit cheaper.:P
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

EagleRising.com

walkingeagle.com is available. You can buy it for $13895 and post your doom and gloom flood stories there.

WalkingEagle.com would be for Indian tribes who hand that out to politicians too full of shit to be able to fly anymore.... or did you not get that memo. You really do need to keep up with this earthly existence you are trapped in.:D

Amazon

EagleRising.com

WalkingEagle.com would be for Indian tribes who hand that out to politicians too full of shit to be able to fly anymore.... or did you not get that memo. You really do need to keep up with this earthly existence you are trapped in.:D

Ya, full of shit...the perfect site for your end of the world flood stories. As I said...Maybe floatingeagle.com would be more appropriate.:D

Coreeece

EagleRising.com

Ya, full of shit...the perfect site for your end of the world flood stories. As I said...Maybe floatingeagle.com would be more appropriate.:D

If you would pull your head out of the grit and listen to what scientists are trying to tell you.... there will be flooding worldwide as more of the ice at the poles melts... Sorry but it is a geological fact that sea levels have been much higher... it is not an IF.. it is most decidedly a WHEN. Most thinking people will not like the future that we have created for them.

Amazon

***Ok Noah, whatever you say.:P

You just cain't help yourself can you[:/]

Oh c'mon, I'm just bustin' your balls. I don't need to be "scared" into the idea that renewable energy is a good thing - and I think most people feel the same way. I'm growing weary of everything having some type of divisive political spin and how the woe's of the world are the republicans fault.

All of this just thwarts any reasonable progress.

Especially true these days. I blame irresponsible ad placement for revenue on websites that made people lots of $$$ then the media got wind of this and plastered it all over their websites, apps, and newscasts. This got the ball rolling

That alone is meh, but the real thing they adopted was CLICK BAIT links that the same websites created for views. They realized holy shit if we title things like UNARMED TEEN BLACK MALE SHOT BY IVORY WHITE COP. lots of people will click that link. It has further evolved in to half truth leading stories, or inciteful stories to get people riled up in the comments section and then plain out lies only because they know they will get attention.

Driver1

*********Ok Noah, whatever you say.:P

Oh c'mon, I'm just bustin' your balls.

What balls???? :)

Bronze ovaries will have to suffice in my case.

It seems the boys like to refer to their much more inexpensive brass balls.

Amazon

************Ok Noah, whatever you say.:P

What's wrong with pewter?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***************Ok Noah, whatever you say.:P

Depending on when made, it contains either lead or antimony, both of which are toxic. Wouldn't want it in the body.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******************Ok Noah, whatever you say.:P

Depending on when made, it contains either lead or antimony, both of which are toxic. Wouldn't want it in the body.

Real men can handle it.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If you would pull your head out of the grit and listen to what scientists are trying to tell you.... there will be flooding worldwide as more of the ice at the poles melts... Sorry but it is a geological fact that sea levels have been much higher... it is not an IF.. it is most decidedly a WHEN. Most thinking people will not like the future that we have created for them.

My real estate is at 2300ft ASL. Melt them glaciers baby, all I see is win win win.

Gone fishing

Zep

My real estate is at 2300ft ASL. Melt them glaciers baby, all I see is win win win.

There are old forest beds underwater in the Gulf of Mexico, complete with tree stumps, at a depth of about 60 feet. They date back around 50,000 years.

I wonder what Florida will look like if sea levels rose another 60 feet?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

There are old forest beds underwater in the Gulf of Mexico, complete with tree stumps, at a depth of about 60 feet. They date back around 50,000 years.

Florida is nothing more than an ancient Coral Reef created by trillions of hard working little creatures and their helpful algae pulling CO2 out of the ocean when sea level was much higher... all limestone and coquina shell.

BUT it will provide for some great dive opportunities in the next century Disney Water World Adventures.:ph34r:

Amazon

Florida is nothing more than an ancient Coral Reef created by trillions of hard working little creatures and their helpful algae pulling CO2 out of the ocean when sea level was much higher... all limestone and coquina shell.

BUT it will provide for some great dive opportunities in the next century Disney Water World Adventures.:ph34r:

I would so pay to dive that.

Gotta brush the dust off the ol' PADI rescue diver card.