fasted3

Hurricane Patricia

I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!
Reality intersects even the strangest lands from time to time, and I'm thinking maybe this one will get through.
But what do I know?

fasted3

I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!
Reality intersects even the strangest lands from time to time, and I'm thinking maybe this one will get through.

As long as it does not get to Iowa where there are also no glaciers... the DE NILE will just continue as usual as soon as the next coal fired electric power company newsletter is released to the true deniers.

fasted3

Are you talking about the weather?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!

It is indicative of what happens when you put more energy....ie heat into a system. Warm water in the Pacific Ocean is going to cause some seriously nasty weather. You think the fires in the west the last few years are just isolated events????

Amazon

******I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!

It is indicative of what happens when you put more energy....ie heat into a system. Warm water in the Pacific Ocean is going to cause some seriously nasty weather. You think the fires in the west the last few years are just isolated events????

Are saying that they didn't happen before there was recorded history?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Climate actually.
And in the real world, I think this storm will cause a disaster with real pain and loss of life. I am sorry for those that will suffer and take no pleasure in advancing my cause with their loss.
Had we taken serious issues seriously a long time ago, we might have lessened the effects of human destruction of the environment. The facts were there, as is the record of our response.
But what do I know?

turtlespeed

*********I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!

Are saying that they didn't happen before there was recorded history?

The evidence is in the rocks and in core samples on the ocean bottom... and in the ice cores..... perhaps you should have taken some geology classes and paid attention in other disciplines as well;)

fasted3

LOL
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!

LOL

Yeah, not you, surprise!
But what do I know?

fasted3

It looks like it will strike well south of Denier Land. Mexico will get hammered and America will get a lot of rain.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Geographically correct, but I believe this will mark a turning point. It's not just weather this time, and the facts are adding up.
Deniers are doomed to extinction.
Unfortunately, WIFs will remain, for a while.
No Amazon, not talking about you. ;)

But what do I know?

fasted3

******I predict this storm will cut a path of death and destruction through the heart of denier fantasy land. I'm quite alarmed!

LOL

Yeah, not you, surprise!

What are you doing about China, Mexico, and the like that are polluting, you know, the other 85 countries that have a higher pollution index that we do?

fasted3

LOL

Yeah, not you, surprise!

Posts like your OP prove to me how little many people care to look into what the alarmists call climate change and just buy the rhetoric of that same group.

Nearly everything new researched just adds more questions. And when those questions are raised we get the 97% insanity:D

Sorry
Did not mean to impose so please keep posting.
Abraham Lincoln

fasted3

Geographically correct, but I believe this will mark a turning point. It's not just weather this time, and the facts are adding up.
Deniers are doomed to extinction.
Unfortunately, WIFs will remain, for a while.
No Amazon, not talking about you. ;)

Actually
The facts are starting to add up against you

Did you see todays report regarding sout pole temps and the last nearly 37 years?

I'll bet you didnt
Abraham Lincoln

As hurricanes get stronger there's been a lot of discussion about how we need a new category for storms like this. Right now we are classifying storms like Patricia (200mph winds) in the same category as Emily (160mph) - even though Patricia's winds are twice as destructive.

You would lose that bet, because I try to keep up with the wacko sites too. By watching the cherries being picked, it's easy to see how people are misled. I'm not going to try and convince you or anybody else, but your ridiculous denial is based on deliberate misinformation being spread by big coal and oil interests. They want to squeeze the last bucks out of their products come hell or high water. To add insult to injury, they don't even want to share the wealth of their plunder with anybody else. If you are one of them, it makes it easier to understand, I guess, but not really.
I see what has happened to this planet, what is happening now, and have a pretty good idea of what is going to happen as a result of human activity.
My bet is that deniers will be abandoning the cause, soon, and by the presidential election even the Rs will be avoiding your position like a case of herpes.
But what do I know?

>The facts are starting to add up against you

Most recent poll from University of Texas:

76% think climate is changing
52% support candidates who will reduce coal power
62% support candidates who will require more renewable energy

Earlier this month from National Surveys on Energy and Environment:

70% believe there is "solid evidence" that the Earth is warming

In August a report from North Star Opinion Research/Public Opinion Strategies:

45% - Climate is changing and human activity is contributing a lot to the change
28% - Climate is changing and human activity is probably contributing a little to the change

More surprising (and encouraging) is the stats for republicans:

21% - Climate is changing and human activity is contributing a lot to the change
35% - Climate is changing and human activity is probably contributing a little to the change

Means that even Republicans are starting to question their party's dogma.

billvon

>The facts are starting to add up against you

Most recent poll from University of Texas:

76% think climate is changingwell duhhhhh
52% support candidates who will reduce coal power
62% support candidates who will require more renewable energy

Earlier this month from National Surveys on Energy and Environment:

70% believe there is "solid evidence" that the Earth is warmingthis is not the point now is it. But the alarmists run with this like they have really found something

In August a report from North Star Opinion Research/Public Opinion Strategies:

45% - Climate is changing and human activity is contributing a lot to the change
28% - Climate is changing and human activity is probably contributing a little to the change

More surprising (and encouraging) is the stats for republicans:

21% - Climate is changing and human activity is contributing a lot to the change
35% - Climate is changing and human activity is probably contributing a little to the change

Means that even Republicans are starting to question their party's dogma.

You mean the lies are

this has nothing to do with facts
Abraham Lincoln

>>76% think climate is changing

>well duhhhhh

Means Type I climate change deniers are on their way out. (Since you flip-flop regularly, I'll remind you of this next time you claim that XXX isn't warming)

>this has nothing to do with facts

It means that the efforts that science educators are making - are working.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. And when they find out you've been fooling them they often get mad. The GOP is seeing some of this backlash now.

turtlespeed

What are you doing about China, Mexico, and the like that are polluting, you know, the other 85 countries that have a higher pollution index that we do?

I'm waiting for them to point out that most of the excess CO2 in the atmosphere RIGHT NOW was put there by US. So what are you doing about getting US on the ball?
It is a global problem better dealt with by action than finger pointing.
Seeing that it IS a problem is a necessary first step, apparently, in some parts of the world. I think it's happening now, and soon to be a dead issue.
Well, for most people anyway.
But what do I know?

billvon

>>76% think climate is changing

>well duhhhhh

Means Type I climate change deniers are on their way out. (Since you flip-flop regularly, I'll remind you of this next time you claim that XXX isn't warming)

>this has nothing to do with facts

It means that the efforts that science educators are making - are working.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. And when they find out you've been fooling them they often get mad. The GOP is seeing some of this backlash now.

I have not flipped on anything.
The issue is, is man causing warming, right?
Just because the climate changes does not mean man has anything to do with it just because you say it does.

and no basklash is coming because when likely voters are polled climate change barely makes the list
Abraham Lincoln