jclalor

More on HRC and Benghazi

RonD1120

I read where one of those Americans killed at Benghazi was a 'close' friend of the Clintons. If that is true, I believe I'd keep my distance from the Clintons.

Chuck

Their, Bill & Hillary, political body count is reported to be 53.

I've read that too, dating back to when Bill was governor. As a young attorney, Hillary got a guy off from a rape charge who she knew did it then, a few years later set herself up as a champion of women's rights.

Chuck

normiss

Because she does the job she's supposed to do?

Which is? Appears to me, she only does what suits her own arrogant, narcissistic self and her greed for power and control. This country is in one hell of a mess and so far, I don't see where she or any other candidate is capable of cleaning-up Obama's mess. A mess we'll be paying for for years to come.

Chuck

masterrig

I read where one of those Americans killed at Benghazi was a 'close' friend of the Clintons. If that is true, I believe I'd keep my distance from the Clintons.

Chuck

Their, Bill & Hillary, political body count is reported to be 53.

I've read that too, dating back to when Bill was governor. As a young attorney, Hillary got a guy off from a rape charge who she knew did it then, a few years later set herself up as a champion of women's rights.

Chuck

A defense attorney is required to represent his or her client. The decision as to guilt or innocence is up to the jury, not the attorney.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

masterrig

Chuck

Meh, cut her some slack - at least she didn't neglect her responsibilities to the rapist like she did the U.S ambassador, and in her handling of classified information.

It appears Hillary has done well eating her way up the political food chain. Now that her belly is full, she can just shit all over everyone.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

normiss

So much hatred. Most of it based in emotional nonsense.

Ya normiss, that's what this is - hatred.:S

You've already stated the seriousness of her mishandling classified information - how is that emotional nonsense?

Not sure why you people are defending her - unless of course you just hate republicans that much.

Coreeece

Not sure why you people are defending her - unless of course you just hate republicans that much.

The decision as to guilt or innocence is up to a jury, not internet meme creators.

She is no more guilty of anything than GWB and Cheney are guilty of war crimes.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

The decision as to guilt or innocence is up to a jury, not internet meme creators.

Ohhh.......gosh.......I'm so sorry - you probably just lost about 75% of your left leaning friends with that quote.

Know that I still like you just fine.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Keep it coming, Trey! He has become one of Hillary's best campaign supporters to date:

==================
Hillary Clinton's 11-hour Benghazi testimony was her best campaign ad yet

Jonathan Allen
VOX
October 22, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

Republicans will kick themselves for dragging Hillary Clinton before the House Benghazi committee Thursday.

It was a defining moment for Clinton's presidential aspirations. She handled the GOP’s questions with aplomb and without the patina of partisanship that has characterized the committee since its conception. That would have been bad enough for the Republicans’ hopes of seizing the White House in 2017. But she did much more than that. She answered questions that Republicans have been hanging out there in hopes of sowing doubts among voters.

In a vacuum, Thursday’s hearing would have been a turning point for Clinton. But it comes on the heels of Joe Biden announcing he won’t run, Clinton nailing her debate performance last week, her regular-Jane turn on Saturday Night Live as Val the bartender, and Republican Reps. Kevin McCarthy and Richard Hanna making clear that the Benghazi investigation was designed to hurt her politically — at a cost of nearly $5 million to American taxpayers.

This has been the best month for any presidential candidate since late 2008, when Barack Obama capitalized on the financial crisis, and John McCain's bumbling reaction to it, to win the White House. The hearing was the capstone. It was the best moment of Clinton's campaign to date and should serve as a reminder to her that she's at her best when she's not on the attack.

. . . Conservative commentators were disgusted with the failure of the committee’s GOP lawmakers to land a single punch on Clinton. The worst thing she acknowledged was that Ambassador Chris Stevens didn’t go outside the chain of command to email her directly about what was happening in Libya. Strategically, the big error for the GOP is having entangled the email investigation with the Benghazi probe. Because the latter is tainted with partisanship, so, too, is the former.

All in all, it was an embarrassment for Republicans and one that, improbably, made Clinton look more presidential.

. . .

Clinton’s team couldn’t have dreamed for a better exposition of her strengths and the weakness of her Republican provocateurs. They should ask for another few rounds of questioning — perhaps in the days leading up to the election.
========================

kallend

There are plenty of threads about GWB. I see you recently started a new one - good for you.

This is about Hillary and the the shithole this country has been thrown into piece by piece over the last 20 years because of politicians like her.

If the people can't unite and at least find common ground in how the Clinton-Bush dynasties are unfit to lead this country anymore, then it's doubtful we ever will.

The republicans have sent Bush to the back of the pack in single digits, but unfortunately the democrats are still all talk and apparently just want more of the same - it's crazy

It was a defining moment for Clinton's presidential aspirations. She handled the GOP’s questions with aplomb and without the patina of partisanship that has characterized the committee since its conception.

The fuck are they talking about did the person who wrote this even watch it? She sighed and pouted like a little bitch through the entire process, and at one point went on a rant blaming bush when questioned about something unrelated to her following rant. How the fuck is that non partisan. Did you even watch it?

billvon

> She sighed and pouted like a little bitch . . . .

Most people who watched it were not misogynists and didn't see it that way.

You are right, most are NOT misogynists.

But many DID see it that way regardless

But it is OK Bill

It is nearing the full on silly season and you are throwing opening day pitches[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>You are right, most are NOT misogynists.

Agreed.

>But many DID see it that way regardless

And MOST people see the Benghazi commission as entirely political.

===============
GOP lands no solid punches while sparring with Clinton over Benghazi
WaPo
By David A. Fahrenthold and Elise Viebeck October 22

After 11 hours, a House committee’s questioning of Hillary Rodham Clinton provided few new details about the 2012 attacks on American installations in Benghazi, Libya – and no clear victory for Republicans seeking to trap Clinton in an admission of bad judgment.

The marathon hearing of the House Select Committee on Benghazi concluded at 9 p.m. with a whimper. As the hours passed, Republican lines of questioning became increasingly opaque and partisan conflict riled members on both sides of the aisle.

Clinton, maintaining calm throughout the hearing, received ample opportunity to defend her record and describe her commitment to the safety of U.S. personnel while serving as secretary of state. Only a handful of times did Republicans succeed in putting her on the spot, more often engaging Clinton on topics that seemed tangential to understanding the 2012 attacks that killed four Americans.
===================
Nearly Three-Quarters Of Americans See Benghazi Committee As Primarily Political
Doug Mataconis
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Outside the Beltway

As the House Select Committee’s questioning of Hillary Clinton continues, and appears that it won’t wrap up until some time after 6pm Eastern tonight, a new poll from CNN indicates that the American people view the investigation to be entirely political.
====================

billvon

>You are right, most are NOT misogynists.

Agreed.

>But many DID see it that way regardless

And MOST people see the Benghazi commission as entirely political.

===============
GOP lands no solid punches while sparring with Clinton over Benghazi
WaPo
By David A. Fahrenthold and Elise Viebeck October 22

After 11 hours, a House committee’s questioning of Hillary Rodham Clinton provided few new details about the 2012 attacks on American installations in Benghazi, Libya – and no clear victory for Republicans seeking to trap Clinton in an admission of bad judgment.

The marathon hearing of the House Select Committee on Benghazi concluded at 9 p.m. with a whimper. As the hours passed, Republican lines of questioning became increasingly opaque and partisan conflict riled members on both sides of the aisle.

Clinton, maintaining calm throughout the hearing, received ample opportunity to defend her record and describe her commitment to the safety of U.S. personnel while serving as secretary of state. Only a handful of times did Republicans succeed in putting her on the spot, more often engaging Clinton on topics that seemed tangential to understanding the 2012 attacks that killed four Americans.
===================
Nearly Three-Quarters Of Americans See Benghazi Committee As Primarily Political
Doug Mataconis
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Outside the Beltway

As the House Select Committee’s questioning of Hillary Clinton continues, and appears that it won’t wrap up until some time after 6pm Eastern tonight, a new poll from CNN indicates that the American people view the investigation to be entirely political.
====================

No, most don't

But I am sure you believe that
Abraham Lincoln

I did, and I stand by that based on what I knew AT THAT TIME.

Apparently, the IT and security staff are useless.
The server was left in their home after his presidency, so it was simply re-purposed.
The only classified information she appears to have sent/received via non-secure channels, was not classified as such at that time.
Soo........I guess it's time for more hatred!
Parry?

billvon

>No, most don't

So you deny the results of the poll?

I did not look at your poll
But I have seen others
They differ more than slightly

And anything CNN says is to be believed, right?
Abraham Lincoln