jclalor

Four year old shot dead in road rage shooting

>It's obviously people without them that are... they're the guy's getting shot, after all. DUH.

Exactly. You don't want to be shot by someone else's gun. That's why people should buy a gun for self defense - so they can be shot by their _own_ gun.

gowlerk

Are you disgusted enough to do something about getting some of the guns off the streets? Joking is how some people cope with the gun sickness infesting America.

We only joke after having the same dozen people wander off from threads where we've made very reasonable arguments only to start a new thread so they can tear into people who don't respond as eloquently... Again... And again... And again...

Is there honestly something more you'd like me to elucidate on with regards to firearms or firearms laws?

Is there honestly something more you'd like me to elucidate on with regards to firearms or firearms laws?

No, like I've said before I get it. About half of Americans are willing to have their society pay whatever price is necessary in order for them to have the privilege of nearly unrestricted access to the tools of war to play with as toys. And the accident of the 2nd amendment turns this privilege into a right.

The other half, and most of the world thinks that's just crazy. But so what? You will keep your toys, and when you get angry, or someone gets angry at you, they will be used. I love America almost as much as I love Canada. But wow, I just can't understand the love of the power of your beautiful weapons. It's just fucking sick as far as I can see.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jclalor

What is your fix?

For starters, no loaded weapons in cars.

Meh, not good enough for gun control activists - it's so ridiculously easy to work around, even loonies could circumvent that!

What we need is the gun control patriot act that will amplify our police state and pry on the citizenry...what do you have to hide?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

A firearm, a Cypress, a fire extinguisher, all reasonable precautions I think.

How many four year olds where killed by cypresses or fire extinguishers? This is the unique way of American thinking, you only think about whats convenient and good for yourself. You feel safer with a gun? Who gives a fuck about the the children that die!? It's not your fault, since guns don't kill people... PSSSH!? Please.

How you can live a delusional world where you even compare the two is the mystery the world is trying understand about USA.

ibx

A firearm, a Cypress, a fire extinguisher, all reasonable precautions I think.

How many four year olds where killed by cypresses or fire extinguishers?

Hard to say, but plausibly about the same as those killed by road rage shootouts...

ibx

This is the unique way of American thinking, you only think about whats convenient and good for yourself. You feel safer with a gun? Who gives a fuck about the the children...

au contraire...our country has been designed to stand the test of time, and if history has taught us anything it's that it tends to repeat itself. I see no reason to relinquish our rights at the expense of future generations.

ibx

It's not your fault, since guns don't kill people... PSSSH!? Please.

No, it's not my fault since I didn't pull the fucking trigger - What's so hard to understand about that? You people are always blaming someone other then the offender...wise up.

ibx

How you can live a delusional world where you even compare the two is the mystery the world is trying understand about USA.

Argument from incredulity. . .
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

gowlerk

No, like I've said before I get it. About half of Americans are willing to have their society pay whatever price is necessary in order for them to have the privilege of nearly unrestricted access to the tools of war to play with as toys. And the accident of the 2nd amendment turns this privilege into a right.

The other half, and most of the world thinks that's just crazy. But so what? You will keep your toys, and when you get angry, or someone gets angry at you, they will be used. I love America almost as much as I love Canada. But wow, I just can't understand the love of the power of your beautiful weapons. It's just fucking sick as far as I can see.

This. Very eloquently put.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

billvon

>It's obviously people without them that are... they're the guy's getting shot, after all. DUH.

Exactly. You don't want to be shot by someone else's gun. That's why people should buy a gun for self defense - so they can be shot by their _own_ gun.

So you are saying that everyone here with their own self protection hand gun will be shot by it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Coreeece

What is your fix?

For starters, no loaded weapons in cars.

Meh, not good enough for gun control activists - it's so ridiculously easy to work around, even loonies could circumvent that!

What we need is the gun control patriot act that will amplify our police state and pry on the citizenry...what do you have to hide?

Transporting guns and ammo separately in California doesn't seem to be a terrible burden or unreasonable.

gowlerk

Accident?

Clearly you lack education regarding the 2nd amendment

Ever read the Federalist Papers?

I did

That reading changed me from being for gun control (as the antis like to call it) to pro 2nd Amendment supporter

However you read it, the 2nd most clearly was NOT an accident! Period!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

CornishChris

This. Very eloquently put.

Actually, it is a post out of ignorance.
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

While I suppose you could stretch "nearly unrestricted access" and "play with as toys" quite a [dismissive] ways, your dichotomy is essentially claiming that my stance on firearms doesn't exist. Thanks. It reads like the classic, "On the freeway, everyone driving slower than me is a moron and everyone driving faster than me is a maniac" line. This is exactly why I end up joking with Bill in these threads.

But, since you claim to get it, what court case (SCOTUS or circuit with denial of cert) do you think establishes "nearly unrestricted access to the tools of war" as a right? What decision do you feel undermines progress against firearms injuries and deaths in this country until such time as the second amendment is repealed?

I'm not sure what your stance on firearms is exactly. My message is not necessarily to you alone. There are slight variations to how Americans express this need for guns.

I do not base my opinion on any one court case. But rather the overall effect that the lack of reasonable controls on deadly weapons has on American society in general. When I say "I get it", I mean that I understand that at least half of America is willing to pay the price. Not that I have studied the myriad court cases that comprise the practice of law in America.

People will claim a second amendment right to bear arms and say that it's to prevent the government from being too powerful. I don't believe that, I believe that they just want to have the powerful toys.

I also believe that the men who wrote the 2nd amendment would have been a lot more clear about what they meant when they included the words "well regulated militia" if they knew what present day America was going to twist the meaning of their words into. This is what I mean by the "accident of the 2nd amendment".
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I'm not sure what your stance on firearms is exactly. My message is not necessarily to you alone. There are slight variations to how Americans express this need for guns.

I do not base my opinion on any one court case. But rather the overall effect that the lack of reasonable controls on deadly weapons has on American society in general. When I say "I get it", I mean that I understand that at least half of America is willing to pay the price. Not that I have studied the myriad court cases that comprise the practice of law in America.

People will claim a second amendment right to bear arms and say that it's to prevent the government from being too powerful. I don't believe that, I believe that they just want to have the powerful toys.

I also believe that the men who wrote the 2nd amendment would have been a lot more clear about what they meant when they included the words "well regulated militia" if they knew what present day America was going to twist the meaning of their words into. This is what I mean by the "accident of the 2nd amendment".

Again

the meaning of the 2nd is clear IF

You take the time to educate yourself

The Federalist Papers are the discussion they were having during the writing of the Constitution

And when looked at in context with the other amendments it is even clearer.

Nothing has been twisted

Well

You are doing some twisting..
Abraham Lincoln

>So you are saying that everyone here with their own self protection hand gun
>will be shot by it?

Nope. Just that their odds of being shot went up significantly when they bought that gun.

But better to be carried by six than judged by twelve.

billvon

>So you are saying that everyone here with their own self protection hand gun
>will be shot by it?

Nope. Just that their odds of being shot went up significantly when they bought that gun.

But better to be carried by six than judged by twelve.

Do you want the chance to defend yourself, or would you just take it lying down cowering?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

This belief that the second amendment prevents, or has been twisted to prevent, reasonable restrictions on firearms ownership or use is completely imaginary. There are several very populous states that have passed and continue to pass just about any laws they want on the matter. When I hear complaints about the second amendment I hear a call for restoration of laws overturned on the grounds of a second amendment violation. That's the only thing the second amendment actually means.

It's like someone complaining about the fourth amendment despite all the shitty things that have happened over the last couple decades and that the courts didn't stop.

billvon

>Do you want the chance to defend yourself, or would you just take it lying
>down cowering?

I want the chance to defend myself - and in fact I have.

Do you wish to limit others ability to protect themselves?

billvon

>Do you wish to limit others ability to protect themselves?

Nope.

Then why does it seem like you would advocate taking steps to make it more difficult to acquire the tools needed to do that effectively?