jclalor

Four year old shot dead in road rage shooting

jclalor

What is your fix?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hooknswoop

If you witnessed someone shooting from their car at another car, what would you do?

Derek V

Call 911 + mind my business + get my ass in a safe place.

And what would you do ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I guess they would need the information and maybe dispatch some valuable officers there (or maybe they already know about it because there were cops in one of the cars).

What would you do ?

I guess they would need the information and maybe dispatch some valuable officers there (or maybe they already know about it because there were cops in one of the cars).

Right. You call people with guns to handle the situation.

I would do the same thing.

Only difference is if I was the one being shot at, I would have a fighting chance to defend myself and not just hope people with guns got there in time.

Derek V

Hooknswoop

I would do the same thing.

Only difference is if I was the one being shot at, I would have a fighting chance to defend myself and not just hope people with guns got there in time.

Derek V

I would not trust anyone, gun owner or not, who had not had tactical training. That includes all of the John Wayne wannabees who post on here.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hooknswoop

no, I call the police. They can come with guns, or nets, or tazers, or trébuchets, I don't care. I first expect them to come with brains and handle the situation accordingly.

Do expect to need your cypress?

I expect not. But you still have it, just in case. You hope you never need it, but if you do need it, it could save your life.

You have made the choice that it is a reasonable precaution against unforeseen events. The same argument could be made for a concealed firearm.

Your plan is to call the police, the people with guns. If someone shoots at you in your vehicle, that is your only option. A firearm may not do you any good in your situation, but I would rather have a firearm than. 911 on the phone if I am ever in that situation.

I also have a fire extinguisher in my truck. I hope I never need it and it may not be enough to stop my vehicle, or someone else's, from burning to the ground. But if my truck was on fire, I would prefer to have a chance vs. standing there watching it burn waiting with 911 for the fire truck to get there.

I don't drive around scared that my truck might burst into flames at any second any more than I go through my day scared someone will shoot at me. I consider either of those to be very unlikely to ever happen. About as likely as needing my Cypress.

A firearm, a Cypress, a fire extinguisher, all reasonable precautions I think. I never drove an M1-A1. I did get to drive a Bradely once. While you are correct, very secure against small arms fire, they go beyond reasonable precaution for sure.

Derek V

Hooknswoop

I first expect them to come with brains and handle the situation accordingly.

If someone is shooting at you, waiting for the police to show up with their guns to save you has been demonstrated to be a very poor plan.

Derek V

I do realize that we do live in different worlds and in my world, people with guns are not a problem. At least not big enough to need to be armed.

Angry man, has a gun. Well.....shooting at and killing people is what they are designed for. May as well use the tool you have handy.....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/22/us/child-road-rage-killing/index.html

Details about the shooter and the motive.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>Only difference is if I was the one being shot at, I would have a fighting chance
>to defend myself and not just hope people with guns got there in time.

You'd use the barrel of your gun to deflect the incoming bullets?

Hey, when you only have seconds to save your life, police are only minutes away.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

champu

***you guys will pry my trébuchet out of my cold dead hands

I propose a common-sense ban on siege engines as they aren't effective for defensive purposes.

you are just like all the other catapult banners - and it's a slippery slope - next thing will be maces, and then freakin' boiling oil.

then.....the freakin' battering ram registration - you didn't see any battering rams in Germany did you? that's how Hitler started it

It's none of your business how many gallons of oil I own.

battering rams don't plunder and rape - battering rams open the gates so PEOPLE can plunder and rape

but, if we could just save ONE peasant...just one

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

you guys will pry my trébuchet out of my cold dead hands

dude - you sicken me. this thread is about a shooting and you're off making jokes. I'm disgusted

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***you guys will pry my trébuchet out of my cold dead hands

dude - you sicken me. this thread is about a shooting and you're off making jokes. I'm disgusted

Are you disgusted enough to do something about getting some of the guns off the streets? Joking is how some people cope with the gun sickness infesting America.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Joking is how I entertain myself while watching the same trite quotes and partisan blindness on Speaker's Corner.

Is your entertainment via interesting parsing and grammar experiments? I approve. nicely done.