piisfish

No need for guns when you have religion....

:o:o:o
what kind of religion is that ? :S:S:S
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-parents-beat-son-to-death-in-church-counseling-session/

​Parents beat son to death in church "counseling session"
Brutal beatings that left one teenager dead and his brother seriously injured Monday at a New York church were part of what members considered a "counseling session," according to police.

New Hartford Police Chief Michael Inserra said Wednesday that both Lucas and Christopher Leonard were subjected to hours of physical punishment at the Word of Life Church "in hopes that each would confess to prior sins and ask for forgiveness."

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

what kind of religion is that ?

sounds like another 'religion of peace'

perversion of belief systems to rationalize horrible behavior is found frequently in religion, politics, social agendas, etc

at least in this case, this particular group will be shut down and the sickos that did the deed will be put to justice (and not by some vigilante self serving revenge squad that is just as bad as the sickos)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

piisfish

what kind of religion is that ? :S:S:S
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-parents-beat-son-to-death-in-church-counseling-session/

​Parents beat son to death in church "counseling session"
Brutal beatings that left one teenager dead and his brother seriously injured Monday at a New York church were part of what members considered a "counseling session," according to police.

New Hartford Police Chief Michael Inserra said Wednesday that both Lucas and Christopher Leonard were subjected to hours of physical punishment at the Word of Life Church "in hopes that each would confess to prior sins and ask for forgiveness."

Church folk in NY beat their son to death, put another in ICU, get charged with class B felony for manslaughter.

A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings those guns into NY without an NY CCW permit, and it is a class A felony for unregistered firearms per state law.

Tell me again how gun control is "smart", "reasonable", "common sense", "responsible", and how it doesn't criminalize or punish law abiding citizens.

Someone who has never committed a crime in their life is punished more severely that parents who beat their own children to death.

jbscout2002

A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings those guns into NY without an NY CCW permit, and it is a class A felony for unregistered firearms per state law.

well you have your answer there...

Different State, different laws.

I am very angry about our driving laws here in Switz. Drivers are more punished than drug dealers.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

billvon

>A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings
>those guns into NY without an NY CCW permit, and it is a class A felony for
>unregistered firearms per state law.

What's wrong with obeying the law?

That's only for criminals.

billvon

>A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings

Scenario goes, you are active duty military. Throught the previous 10 years of your career you had purchased various handguns in various states that you had been stationed in. All of them from FFL dealers, passing background checks and in full compliance of the law. You are happily living in TN while stationed at Ft. Cambell, KY. You are in full compliance of the law. You get orders to PCS to Ft. Drum, NY, with a report date less than 120 days away. You sell your house, pack up, clear post, report to Ft. Drum, declare that you have firearms and show all your paperwork. You have unknowingly committed a class A felony because NY has a different interpretation of the constitution than the rest of the country. Then your hand guns are taken on the spot and stored in a government arms room for the 20 months it takes you to get a NY permit. Total cost for permit and registering each gun was $870, not counting restoration work that had to be done on a couple because someone decided to play around with them while they were in storage and scratch them up.

And oh by the way, not only was everything legal in the rest of the U.S., I had a CCW that was valid in 38 other states. But your right. Makes perfect sense. Like explaining colors to the blind.

SkyDekker

***>A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings

That's only for criminals.

I guess instead of being one of those evilly people that owns guns and makes a living putting my life on the line for complete strangers, it would have been more tasteful to you if I committed the lessor offense of beating a child to death.

jbscout2002

***>A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings

Scenario goes, you are active duty military. Throught the previous 10 years of your career you had purchased various handguns in various states that you had been stationed in. All of them from FFL dealers, passing background checks and in full compliance of the law. You are happily living in TN while stationed at Ft. Cambell, KY. You are in full compliance of the law. You get orders to PCS to Ft. Drum, NY, with a report date less than 120 days away. You sell your house, pack up, clear post, report to Ft. Drum, declare that you have firearms and show all your paperwork. You have unknowingly committed a class A felony because NY has a different interpretation of the constitution than the rest of the country. Then your hand guns are taken on the spot and stored in a government arms room for the 20 months it takes you to get a NY permit. Total cost for permit and registering each gun was $870, not counting restoration work that had to be done on a couple because someone decided to play around with them while they were in storage and scratch them up.

And oh by the way, not only was everything legal in the rest of the U.S., I had a CCW that was valid in 38 other states. But your right. Makes perfect sense. Like explaining colors to the blind.

Nobody ever said all laws make sense. Ignorance of the law is never really considered a valid defence though.

Stupid laws can lead to silly things, like life sentences for shoplifting or becoming a felon for transporting legal firearms.

Since many are unable to feel any empathy or sympathy for the first example, he answer usually is: He should have just obeyed the law.

You are getting the same answer.

SkyDekker

******>A person with 10 legally purchased handguns and no criminal record brings

Nobody ever said all laws make sense. Ignorance of the law is never really considered a valid defence though.

Stupid laws can lead to silly things, like life sentences for shoplifting or becoming a felon for transporting legal firearms.

Since many are unable to feel any empathy or sympathy for the first example, he answer usually is: He should have just obeyed the law.

You are getting the same answer.

So you agree that because of the way Gov. Cuomo feels about guns, it makes sense that legally owning a gun and moving to his state without a NY CCW is a more serious offense than beating someone to death?

In that case, if I had my legal handgun and crossed into NY, then got pulled over, I should beat the cop to death to by some extra time to ditch the gun, because I would be in less trouble for murder than for simply owning a gun.

*Actually, stupid fucking example. Seems most of this crowd hates guns, hates American policies and politics, and gets off on police officers being killed.

I guess instead of being one of those evilly people that owns guns and makes a living putting my life on the line for complete strangers, it would have been more tasteful to you if I committed the lessor offense of beating a child to death.

You think they're going to be facing a lesser penalty than $870 and 20 months without firearms?

I'd be very, very surprised!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In another article, a woman from a Catholic church nearby stated:

...Nancy Kneller, who used to work at a Catholic church next door, said residents had long been suspicious of the place.

"Why are they so secretive? Why are there no kids out playing?" she said. Still, she added, "I think they're good people that made a bad decision."

WTF? No, they are not good people.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

jakee

You think they're going to be facing a lesser penalty than $870 and 20 months without firearms?

I'd be very, very surprised!

They are being charged with first degree manslaughter, a class B felony

1 unregistered (otherwise legal) handgun, class C felony
5 unregistered (otherwise legal) handguns, class B felony
10 unregistered (otherwise legal)handguns, class A felony

I wasn't charged with the felony because I made it to a federal installation without being "caught" and they took them until I could get the permit and pay an FFL to come retrieve them and register them to the state.

So you agree that because of the way Gov. Cuomo feels about guns, it makes sense that legally owning a gun and moving to his state without a NY CCW is a more serious offense than beating someone to death?

I don't believe anyone including the Gov. feels that way.

In that case, if I had my legal handgun and crossed into NY, then got pulled over, I should beat the cop to death to by some extra time to ditch the gun, because I would be in less trouble for murder than for simply owning a gun.

Because, again, you are under the illusion that beating someone to death carries the penalty of a small fine? Come on. Given that you're capable of writing legible sentences I have to believe you're smarter than that:|

*Actually, stupid fucking example. Seems most of this crowd hates guns, hates American policies and politics, and gets off on police officers being killed.

Yeah, that's a good way to get your point across. Did you find that technique in "How to win friends and influence people"?

See post above; beating someone to death = first degree manslaughter, a class B felony. Moving ing to NY with 10 or more completely legal handguns without first obtaining a NY CCW = class A felony.

Refer to other thread topics, "police receive perks for killing citizens", "more preschoolers killed than police", "wtf is wrong with American police"

If all I knew about America was what I read here, I would believe:
-Preschoolers wear body armor and Kevlar helmets to school
-State prison torture innocent people to death
-Everyone who owns a gun cheers for the deaths of kids
-Cops are evil unrestrained death squads
-If you own a gun, someone will find you and kill you
-Background checks on private sales will stop all gun violence
-The U.S. Army disarmed Iraq so they could murder people for sport

To name a few.

billvon

>But your right. Makes perfect sense.

We always hear "we don't need new laws, just enforce the ones we have!" from gun rights advocates. So what's wrong with enforcing the law?

So you adamantly defend that if you BEAT SOMEONE TO DEATH it is no big deal, but if you own guns and have no criminal record, you should do life in prison. Like I said, makes sense. I guess that's what "sensible" gun laws are.

So you adamantly defend that if you BEAT SOMEONE TO DEATH it is no big deal, but if you own guns and have no criminal record, you should do life in prison. Like I said, makes sense. I guess that's what "sensible" gun laws are.

Where did he defend that at all? In fact, why would he defend something that is completely untrue? You didn't serve any prison time for breaking the law and they're facing up to 25 years.

But please, do continue to bitch and whine about how the world is so unfair because you're out $900:S

jakee

Where did he defend that at all? In fact, why would he defend something that is completely untrue? You didn't serve any prison time for breaking the law and they're facing up to 25 years.

But please, do continue to bitch and whine about how the world is so unfair because you're out $900:S

Oh, I get it,not only matters if he was caught by the authorities.

If he did do jail time and had a class A felony, and lost his second amendment rights because of that, that would be just and correct.

All at the same time he could have been convicted of owning and possessing legal fire arms, this child killer gets off with a lesser felony.

And you are ok with that. Gotcha.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes, clearly that is what I said....:S

All at the same time he could have been convicted of owning and possessing legal fire arms,

No, he'd have been convicted of possessing illegal firearms.

And you are ok with that. Gotcha.

Please, do quote anything that I've said that would convey that impression.

(I won't hold my breath though, even if it was the case you'd be too lazy to find it.)

jakee

§ 125.20 Manslaughter in the first degree.
A person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when:
1. With intent to cause serious physical injury to another person, he
causes the death of such person or of a third person; or
2. With intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the
death of such person or of a third person under circumstances which do
not constitute murder because he acts under the influence of extreme
emotional disturbance, as defined in paragraph (a) of subdivision one of
section 125.25. The fact that homicide was committed under the influence
of extreme emotional disturbance constitutes a mitigating circumstance
reducing murder to manslaughter in the first degree and need not be
proved in any prosecution initiated under this subdivision; or
3. He commits upon a female pregnant for more than twenty-four weeks
an abortional act which causes her death, unless such abortional act is
justifiable pursuant to subdivision three of section 125.05; or
4. Being eighteen years old or more and with intent to cause physical
injury to a person less than eleven years old, the defendant recklessly
engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of serious physical injury
to such person and thereby causes the death of such person.
Manslaughter in the first degree is a class B felony.

Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the First Degree – 265.04

In order to prove that an individual is guilty of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the First Degree, it must be established that the person:

(1) possesses any explosives substance with intent to use them unlawfully against the person or property of another; or
(2) possesses ten or more firearms.

Keep pretending it is manslaughter verse what I got. As I said, I got lucky because I made it to a federal installation where federal law trumps state law, so I wasn't charged with anything.