Stumpy

Did I miss....

Stumpy

The thread where everyone is outraged about the hospital in kunduz? Or does it not make the news in the us?

It is ok. Why? Because it is the Obama admin. Not Bush's admin. Give em time though. They will find a way to blame Bush soon enough. Then the knashing will begin.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

No, it's not OK. Doesn't matter who's president. I'm waiting for information, and wil be massively (and, of course, ineffectively) pissed if it's stonewalled.

But as long as the press doesn't call for summary execution at dawn, I'm guessing that's a "pass."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

No, it's not OK. Doesn't matter who's president. I'm waiting for information, and wil be massively (and, of course, ineffectively) pissed if it's stonewalled.

But as long as the press doesn't call for summary execution at dawn, I'm guessing that's a "pass."

Wendy P.

It is also the difference of how the current and the past president have been treated
Abraham Lincoln

Stumpy

The thread where everyone is outraged about the hospital in kunduz? Or does it not make the news in the us?

If it was in Canada or Britain it would be in the news big time. But it happened in a country that is full of war. Truthfully, I read the headline, but not the story. It's the military. They make mistakes. Nothing to see here, move along now. Hell, if it was just a hospital and not an MSF staffed hospital it would barely get mentioned at all.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

There is a wiki article on the event. It has a note near the end:

Media reaction

Journalist Glenn Greenwald condemned The New York Times and CNN for initially describing the attack as under investigation by U.S. forces, but unlike other media, failing to mention that U.S. forces had themselves bombed the hospital.[31]

This is how mainstream media covers the US military. See no evil, speak no evil.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Barack Hussein Obama, the new Teflon Don. Unrestrained use of drone strikes, illegal electronic surveillance on American citizens, spending 80 billion dollars of tax payer money to keep the 1%'ers from defaulting on loans while millions of Americans lost their homes or went bankrupt but then furloughing federal employees and threatening to freeze the paychecks for all U.S. Service members. The same guy who had federal employees on furlough, but still sent people to places like Arlington National Cemetery, the War Memorials, and Mt. Rushmore to deny entry to visitors, just to make a statement, even though those places are open to the public and free? The guy who demands DoJ investigations and Grand Jury trials with no evidence when a minority is killed while resisting arrest or attempting to kill a police officer, but says absolutely nothing when polices officers are ambushed or executed in the name of protest? What else would we have expected?

Next thing you know people will be expecting administrative action for Hillary for Bengazi or using insecure private email servers to send and receive classified material. You have to understand that once you are at the level of Mayor or above, laws simply don't apply to you and peasants should not have the audacity to question you.

gowlerk

There is a wiki article on the event. It has a note near the end:

Media reaction

Journalist Glenn Greenwald condemned The New York Times and CNN for initially describing the attack as under investigation by U.S. forces, but unlike other media, failing to mention that U.S. forces had themselves bombed the hospital.[31]

This is how mainstream media covers the US military. See no evil, speak no evil.

It is how the mainstream media covers the US military, when their preferred political party is in power, otherwise it looks a lot like the Salem witch trials.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***There is a wiki article on the event. It has a note near the end:

Media reaction

It is how the mainstream media covers the US military, when their preferred political party is in power, otherwise it looks a lot like the Salem witch trials.

Another case in point

Remember the continual stories of the homeless from the main stream media when GWB was in office? Now, with the numbers of homeless much higher, not many stories unless they move them off the streets for an Obama visit[:/]
Same for kids in poverty and the numbers on food stamps
Abraham Lincoln

While the number on Food Stamps is up, everything I've read indicates that homelessness is down over the last eight years.This is based in part on personal knowledge, because that's where I've been volunteering for the last three years. While there are cities where it's on the rise, there's been a concerted effort on the part of some of the big cities in the USA to house the homeless. The thought, so far mostly borne out, is that many of the costly and expensive health and social problems that come with chronic homelessness are more easily and cost-effectively addressed when there is a home.

It'll never be completely gone; there are people who just don't want it, are too drug or alcohol-addicted, or too mentally ill to be housed without ruining the housing. But overall it's down.

There's definitely a problem with affordability of housing, especially with entry-level jobs. Plenty of others as well, and yes some cities are still using the "send them away" model for dealing with homelessness.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

While the number on Food Stamps is up, everything I've read indicates that homelessness is down over the last eight years.This is based in part on personal knowledge, because that's where I've been volunteering for the last three years. While there are cities where it's on the rise, there's been a concerted effort on the part of some of the big cities in the USA to house the homeless. The thought, so far mostly borne out, is that many of the costly and expensive health and social problems that come with chronic homelessness are more easily and cost-effectively addressed when there is a home.

It'll never be completely gone; there are people who just don't want it, are too drug or alcohol-addicted, or too mentally ill to be housed without ruining the housing. But overall it's down.

There's definitely a problem with affordability of housing, especially with entry-level jobs. Plenty of others as well, and yes some cities are still using the "send them away" model for dealing with homelessness.

Wendy P.

The national numbers I have seen indicate a more than moderate increase
Regardless
The point is the reporting

Obama
Nothing
Bush
Every week
Abraham Lincoln

Now with the $15 an hour fast food wage, they can watch a 10 minute video on how to be a valued employee and within a month or so, buy a house and a car, and start a coin collection or something.

Child care workers, warehouse workers, forklift operators, cashiers and the like are still assed out though.

Stumpy

The problem is they haven't been able to figure out how to pin it on Obama.

Looks like the mistake was made in the military. IN the US you aren't supposed to say anything negative about people in uniform, it is not patriotic.

So, until people figure out which political party they can blame it on, nothing is really said.