NewGuy2005

School Shooting - Northern Arizona

tkhayes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States#2010s

[sarcasm]Keep in mind though that absolutely NOTHING can be done to improve this in the greatest country on earth. absolutely nothing.[/sarcasm]

Indeed, I don't believe "great societies" need to send school children to classes with Kevlar backpacks and armed guards at the school gates.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

***https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States#2010s

[sarcasm]Keep in mind though that absolutely NOTHING can be done to improve this in the greatest country on earth. absolutely nothing.[/sarcasm]

Indeed, I don't believe "great societies" need to send school children to classes with Kevlar backpacks and armed guards at the school gates.

Yes, and the United Kingdom has a spotless record. It's footprints won't be erased all over the earth for generations to come.

You are quick to bash the United States. Tell us exactly what you think we should do. Tell us kids what the grownups would do.

New info...I wouldn't really call this a "school shooting". It was an altercation at the fraternity and sorority dorm where things escalated and a student pulled a gun. Sounds like a fight that got out of hand, not the "nut case blasting everyone" type situation some of you were hoping for.

Yes, and the United Kingdom has a spotless record. It's footprints won't be erased all over the earth for generations to come.

So? You can't change what people did a long time ago. You can try and change what's happening now.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What are some firearm or firearm-related regulations we have in this country either at the national level or in one of the states that you think we should (or at least could) do away with?

All I ask is that it not be some archaic unenforced nonsense like, "In state X there's an 18XX law that says everyone must be armed in church."

JohnnyMarko

Bitching from gun nuts

Bitching from anti gun nuts

1 reasonable reply

20 pages of garbage

Back to square one

/thread

OK, we should implement some order to these discussions. Here’s a handy checklist for ongoing shootings:

1 – IS IT TERRORISM? IS IT TERRORISM? (in frantic FoxNews voice)

2 – is he Muslim? (they’re all evil you know)

3 – was this a “gun free zone” (see I told you so, we need more guns)

4 – is he mentally ill (guns are always OK, unless you’re crazy)

5 – proceed with customary/requisite Obama blame and founding fathers bullshit

Anvilbrother

Are US gun laws more or less strict than they were 70 years ago?

In practical application, the only real requirement, in the US, to owning a gun is having some money to buy one. Same applies 70 years ago or today.

RMK

***Are US gun laws more or less strict than they were 70 years ago?

In practical application, the only real requirement, in the US, to owning a gun is having some money to buy one. Same applies 70 years ago or today.

And this should not change
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Are US gun laws more or less strict than they were 70 years ago?

Your downhill slide; we're just spectating.

Britannia used run the world; your turn is coming to an end.

rushmc

******Are US gun laws more or less strict than they were 70 years ago?

Do you really think there should be no requirements for gun ownership? What about someone with a history of violent behavior or mental illness?

So if everything is the same or tougher as it was 70 years ago but mass and regular shootings are going up now why are we blaming guns and not people....

Why wasn't this happening at the same rate in the 1940's?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

RMK

*********Are US gun laws more or less strict than they were 70 years ago?

Your downhill slide; we're just spectating.

Britannia used run the world; your turn is coming to an end.

If in a slide, it has nothing to do with having guns
Abraham Lincoln

NewGuy2005

*********Are US gun laws more or less strict than they were 70 years ago?

Do you really think there should be no requirements for gun ownership? What about someone with a history of violent behavior or mental illness?

Hmm
I have never said or even indicated this but

It should be hard to put those restrictions on someone
Abraham Lincoln

"What do you suggest?"

It's not up to either or any of us necessarily to suggest anything other than a goal or vision of improving the situation we have.

people die in cars, we regulate cars, change them, make them better, fix defects in them and I did not come up with any of those ideas.

People die from disease and we regulate medicine and improve the situation every day and I did not come up with any of those ideas.

I get pretty tired of people nay-saying, attacking individuals, asking what they would do, then picking that apart, going from mass-shootings to gang shooting to individual shootings to mental illness and such.

First you either ACCEPT that the gun violence in this country is a problem and then we decide collectively to try and improve it, or you DENY that gun violence is a problem in this country in which case, you are OK with the tens of thousands of people that die at the hands of guns every year.

We are the greatest country in the world supposedly. So obviously we can improve the situation if we decided to. Do you or don't you want to try and improve the gun violence problem? (That by the way is a yes or no answer and nothing more)

And no, I do not have the answers to guarantee 100% success, but I bet there are thousands of people out there with reasonable ideas that would improve the situation.

Are you willing to move on your position at all? even 1 inch? If not, then why are you even here in the discussion? Your mind is already made up.

I for one, think that there are reasonable things that can be done to improve the situation and vastly improve gun violence in this country. And no the tyrannical government will not come and take your guns away.

SkyDekker

So Americans just have a higher rate of mental illness and a lower ability to control impulses than the rest of the civilized world?

Why do you care?

You don't live here
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

So Americans just have a higher rate of mental illness and a lower ability to control impulses than the rest of the civilized world?

Why do you care?

You don't live here

Have to travel there.

Now, care to answer the question?

RMK

This:

http://abc13.com/news/texas-southern-university-shooting-1-dead-campus-on-lockdown-classes-canceled/1025113/

While we've been fucking around on the internet, here's another US school shooting.

...Tell us again about the greatness.

Yes
I read about it
We are flawed
As are you and yours
Abraham Lincoln