normiss

Florida will pay you to kill!

Coreeece

***Self defense ?:S
Excellent timing FloriDUH.

I can't read the article - it wants me to sign up. When I click "not right now," it takes me to a story about some pagan Senate candidate that killed a goat and drank it's blood...

No getting around it . , , you must plagiarize.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Self defense ?:S

LOL

I could not use your link either

Hooooooowever

Putting a search in using the title of the article you linked, too did give me some insight as to what site(s) gave you your opinion of the proposed law.

Gotta thank you for that

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Coreeece

***Self defense ?:S

I can't read the article - it wants me to sign up. When I click "not right now," it takes me to a story about some pagan Senate candidate that killed a goat and drank it's blood...

I don't know why, but if you take the link on this google page to the same damned URL, it doesn't pull that crap: https://www.google.com/search?q=Proposed+Florida+law%3A+Kill+someone%2C+claim+self-defense+...+get+%24200k&oq=Proposed+Florida+law%3A+Kill+someone%2C+claim+self-defense+...+get+%24200k&aqs=chrome..69i57.1012j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My apologies.
There are 2 new house bills submitted for law, open carry for CWP and another in regards to self defense claims.
It appears this opinion piece is pretty loosely written too.
I'm having Google fu issues finding a better piece.
;)

This explains some but does not mention the $200,000 to reimburse for defense costs.

You presume much too much sir.
:S

I don't understand the need of passing a law that pretty much repeats innocent until proven guilty burden but not the efforts to repay folks for failed prosecution.
That's a step we don't want to take in law IMO.

normiss

You presume much too much sir.
:S

I don't understand the need of passing a law that pretty much repeats innocent until proven guilty burden but not the efforts to repay folks for failed prosecution.
That's a step we don't want to take in law IMO.

I do

Look what happened to Zimmeman!

And now, despite the law that states no one can sue a gun manufacturer in regards to how their legal correctly working firearm is used, Hillary is yelling that the OR victims families should do just that!

Sorry, I see this law trying to reign in the over zealous in the courts from trying to ruin someone just to score political points .

Now, do I agree with giving them money? Not so much. I think some of those who abuse the laws should go to jail!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There are some people I'd like to see move to Florida if this passes. I'm sure someone would get pissed at them for some valid reason :S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Victims of some crimes get compensated for their expenses.

Someone who is attacked and successfully defends himself, is also a victim. Why should he have to pay for his defense, when it was the criminal perpetrator that initiated the attack? The intended victim didn't want to have to shoot to save his life. The criminal forced him to take that action. Make the perpetrator's estate pay for it.

He's correct, it's till on the books.
Pretty sure it's no longer enforced, but I'm glad I married my wife to save her from such a risk of arrest for such a serious blue law violation.

Thanks for reminding me....make sure to properly prepare for Georgia and North Carolina blue laws before leaving on vacation.
Seems like we ALWAYS end up coming home on Sunday, through Georgia, stop for lunch at some Mexican joint, and get the blank stare for ordering beer with my lunch.
GOD DAMMIT! I'm in Georgia!!!
:D:D:D

normiss

He's correct, it's till on the books.
Pretty sure it's no longer enforced, but I'm glad I married my wife to save her from such a risk of arrest for such a serious blue law violation.

Thanks for reminding me....make sure to properly prepare for Georgia and North Carolina blue laws before leaving on vacation.
Seems like we ALWAYS end up coming home on Sunday, through Georgia, stop for lunch at some Mexican joint, and get the blank stare for ordering beer with my lunch.
GOD DAMMIT! I'm in Georgia!!!
:D:D:D

Last time I was in Georgia (Fitzgerald) I had to have mirage62 translate before I could understand what the fast food counter clerk was saying.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Last time I was in Georgia (Fitzgerald) I had to have mirage62 translate before I could understand what the fast food counter clerk was saying.

Hmmm...kinda reminds me of that scene in "Smokey and The Bandit"

Bandit: [Bandit and Frog walking through the wooded area] When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Carrie: Mr Bandit, you have a lyrical way of cutting through the bullshit.

Bandit: And you have a unique way with the English language, Miss Frog.

normiss

It's a waste of time and money for a legislative body to invest any time at all to simply repeat/clarify the burden of proof.
It's pretty much at the core and foundation of our criminal justice system.

I think this has the potential to be a good law.

I am from CT, I don't live in a very gun friendly or self defense friendly state. I could shoot a person who confronted me in my own home in self defense and still find myself spending my net worth defending myself against an over zealous dickhead prosecutor.

Yes the state has the burden of proof in my example, but I bear the financial burden of going to court to defend my innocence. This isn't cheap.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

wmw999

There are some people I'd like to see move to Florida if this passes. I'm sure someone would get pissed at them for some valid reason :S

Wendy P.

Who do you want to be the next trevon?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think this has the potential to be a good law.

Yes the state has the burden of proof in my example, but I bear the financial burden of going to court to defend my innocence. This isn't cheap.

Why would this not apply to every criminal indictment? Would you support a law that says that any defendant who goes to trial and is acquitted should be paid $200,000? Or are gun-related charges somehow special, deserving of compensation when no other criminal charges qualify?

How much of a tax increase would you be willing to spend to support this?

Don