ryoder

Boehner Will Resign from Congress

wolfriverjoe

So Boehner = 'beener' or 'beyner' or 'binner'

The way Boehner is written in German is Böhner -- the spelling with the oe is the de-Germanized version. The pronunciation of ö/oe is an o that approaches the sound of a "u," and doesn't resemble ay, ei or ey.

His pronunciation of his name is a clear attempt to avoid the correct pronunciation -- which sounds like boner. Not taking a juvenile cheap shot, just stating a fact.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Hi joe,

German names

I have not been in Germany since '98. And it is very tough to phonenetically show how to pronounce words over the internet. But let me give it a try.

Stein = Shtine
Mueller = Muurler - I used to play ball with a Mueller; and he was my accountant for a number of years. This is how he said to pronounce it.
Krueger - Can't do it - Maybe Kreyger
Heitpas = Hite pas - Not good but maybe

Christel, where are you when we need you?

:P

Hey, it was a try,

Jerry Baumchen

masterblaster72

His pronunciation of his name is a clear attempt to avoid the correct pronunciation -- which sounds like boner. Not taking a juvenile cheap shot, just stating a fact.

When I hear your name, I feel like taking a massive shit...

..........in Miami.

Not taking a juvenile cheap shot, just stating a fact.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

JerryBaumchen

Hi joe,

German names

I have not been in Germany since '98. And it is very tough to phonenetically show how to pronounce words over the internet. But let me give it a try.

Stein = Shtine
Mueller = Muurler - I used to play ball with a Mueller; and he was my accountant for a number of years. This is how he said to pronounce it.

Hey, it was a try,

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Very true that pronunciation over the internet is hard. Yours are probably closer than mine.:)
But the ones I noted are all friends, neighbors and associates in various ways. There is a lot of German heritage in Wisconsin.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

JerryBaumchen

Hi joe,

German names

Stein = Shtine

Hey, it was a try,

Jerry Baumchen

Sleeping - it was quite dark on my side of the pool ;)

Come to Germany again and you will find out that English more and more is included into our language, especially kids/teenies do it. And then it's called *denglish" - a bit silly teen speak but, hey why not ..

And then they learn languages early at school and it goes on into their normal life - which is not bad, I think.

Shtine is perfect, hite pas sounds like the written Heitpas ....only: What is Heitpas?? :$

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Coreeece

..........in Miami.

If that's really what my name makes you feel like doing, then there's no disputing this -- as puzzling as it may be.

The massive shit I can understand; it's the Miami part that I find perplexing.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

..........in Miami.

If that's really what my name makes you feel like doing, then there's no disputing this -- as puzzling as it may be.

The massive shit I can understand; it's the Miami part that I find perplexing.

Someone "channeling" WaltApel?????

>I heard earlier on the news that there is a big push for Trey Gowdy to replace
>Boehner. That could be good.

Unlikely though:
===============
Trey Gowdy to leave the House after 2016
By Pete Kasperowicz (@PeteKDCNews)
9/30/15

Rep. John Fleming, R-La., said Wednesday morning that Tea Party favorite Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., won't run for a fourth term, and instead plans to retire at the end of the current Congress to return to his home state.

"Trey wants to go back to South Carolina, and God bless him for that," Fleming said on C-SPAN. When asked if that's what Gowdy has told other Republicans, Fleming confirmed it.

"At the end of his term, yes," he said. "He plans to go back home, and he wants to finish his work on the Benghazi special committee. But he loves South Carolina and he loves his family, and he wants to go back and spend the rest of his life there."
===============

billvon

>I heard earlier on the news that there is a big push for Trey Gowdy to replace
>Boehner. That could be good.

Unlikely though:
===============
Trey Gowdy to leave the House after 2016
By Pete Kasperowicz (@PeteKDCNews)
9/30/15

Rep. John Fleming, R-La., said Wednesday morning that Tea Party favorite Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., won't run for a fourth term, and instead plans to retire at the end of the current Congress to return to his home state.

"Trey wants to go back to South Carolina, and God bless him for that," Fleming said on C-SPAN. When asked if that's what Gowdy has told other Republicans, Fleming confirmed it.

"At the end of his term, yes," he said. "He plans to go back home, and he wants to finish his work on the Benghazi special committee. But he loves South Carolina and he loves his family, and he wants to go back and spend the rest of his life there."
===============

It has also been reported (and this fits right in with your post Bill) that he is very unhappy working in congress

Sounds like all the cards are falling for him to go home
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>That man is a whacko.

Yep. Between him being a serious contender for speaker and Trump being in the lead for the White House, it looks like the GOP is self-destructing.

Perhaps it's time for a third party to make its entry. Imagine a party whose principles are:

smaller government
personal freedom
protection of individual rights (including women's rights, gun rights and gay rights)
protection of the environment
non-interference with the affairs of other countries
actual immigration reform

Such a party would draw a lot of liberals away from the big-government democrats, and would draw an even larger number of conservatives away from the nutso people in the GOP.

billvon

>That man is a whacko.

Yep. Between him being a serious contender for speaker and Trump being in the lead for the White House, it looks like the GOP is self-destructing.

Perhaps it's time for a third party to make its entry. Imagine a party whose principles are:

smaller government
personal freedom
protection of individual rights (including women's rights, gun rights and gay rights)

Such a party would draw a lot of liberals away from the big-government democrats, and would draw an even larger number of conservatives away from the nutso people in the GOP.

This!

SkyDekker

***>That man is a whacko.

smaller government
personal freedom

This!we would have to get rid of a lot of the union influence for that to happen.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******>That man is a whacko.

smaller government
personal freedom

This!we would have to get rid of a lot of the union influence for that to happen.

You would have to deal with a lot of lobby groups yes...including unions. They won't be the only onees.

>we would have to get rid of a lot of the union influence for that to happen.

And influence from the military and military contractors. And influence from police. And influence from the various churches. There are dozens of group who aren't going to want to lose their cheese.

billvon

>we would have to get rid of a lot of the union influence for that to happen.

And influence from the military and military contractors. And influence from police. And influence from the various churches. There are dozens of group who aren't going to want to lose their cheese.

Gubmint cheese.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>That man is a whacko.

smaller government
personal freedom

I'd love to see this, but it would take a real effort -

I believe history shows otherwise. A group of people that believe this, let's call them the original, I'll just make up a name, "Pea Tardy" group, or perhap, "Glibertarians", would actually get another reaction.

1 - the right wing would quickly try to hijack the movement and then inject (they like to inject) an excessively religious social agenda into the movement - or even just try to fool the public into believing that.

2 -the left wing, in clear cooperative movement, would also go and make a bunch of false noise CLAIMING that the Pea Tardy Glibs group in essentially focused on an excessively religious social right wing agenda and not a freedom and fiscal responsibility philosophy. Thus making them look like the worst of their counterparts, or the mirror of the worst of their own factions.

this clear example of true "bi partisan" cooperation would then minimize the Pea Tardy Glib movement into kind of a joke that can't maintain it's own self image.

Both entrenched parties then get to keep their fringies, and also continue to fight over the bulk of the citizens that would actually have liked the original intent.

As a bonus, fringies on both sides will then get to swallow their party brainwash and mock the PT Glibs on internet forums and wonder why no one has thought of personal liberty and fiscal prudence before......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

On the plus side - it's good to see that if both parties have a common goal, they can cooperate like ravening wolves and achieve real results.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>1 - the right wing would quickly try to hijack the movement and then inject
>(they like to inject) an excessively religious social agenda into the movement -
>or even just try to fool the public into believing that.

That's pretty easily avoided by creating a well defined platform early on that contains enough "poison pills" for both sides.

"What? You believe in Al Gore's climate change alarmism? Well, sorry, we're not going to support you, because we don't want to be associated with that nonsense"

"Waitaminute - you support guns? There are X killings a day in the US! We're not going to support any organization that thinks any Tom, Dick and Harry can buy a gun."

"Well, I'm for smaller government - but cutting the funding for Old Lady McGregor's wooden leg? No way Jose."

Much of the reason that the Tea Party was quickly co-opted by the GOP was that they were pretty amorphous; they were mad as hell about . . . something . . . and weren't going to take it any more. About the only consistent platforms they had (and could articulate) were a dislike of Obama and a desire for smaller government. That made it easy for the GOP to graft on a bunch of their stuff and take it over.

Yes, exactly.

This is just what I was referring to with the reference to my last bit "As a bonus, fringies on both sides will then get to swallow their party brainwash and mock the PT Glibs on internet forums and wonder why no one has thought of personal liberty and fiscal prudence before...... "

nice example