airdvr

Lookout corporate America

Ownership of parent company for me.
I understand the foreign car manufacturers with plants here, simply emply Americans.
Where do the profits go?
How much do we lose to foreign ownership?
I also think a sense of pride for your own country's manufacturing should be worth something.
The Italians sure are proud of the heritage of their cars, why is it wrong for Americans to feel the same way? We USED to be quite a car country.
Now most just want the lowest priced 4 door box they can get.
Why do we have so few chaebol corporations here? :D

airdvr

"I've got a message for corporate America: if you want us to buy your products, you better start producing them here in the United States."
-Bernie Sanders - Twitter

I could afford to do that if governments stopped acting on behalf of corporatist interests to prop up housing, medical, and education costs.

billvon

>Where are the majority of the parts made?

All over the world - like every complex product that the US (or any other country) makes.

Ah, then you can't say they are made in America, you can say they are assembled in the U.S.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

DrewEckhardt

***"I've got a message for corporate America: if you want us to buy your products, you better start producing them here in the United States."
-Bernie Sanders - Twitter

I could afford to do that if governments stopped acting on behalf of corporatist interests to prop up housing, medical, and education costs.

And the insurance industry
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

airdvr

So how do you feel when overnight a pharmaceutical company raises the price of one tablet from $13.50 to $750?

It's OK, just capitalism doing its thing?

One would think the Affordable Care Act would have prevented that.

No, it was never designed to do that. But you know that and are just making another gratuitous bash.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

So how do you feel when overnight a pharmaceutical company raises the price of one tablet from $13.50 to $750?

It's OK, just capitalism doing its thing?

One would think the Affordable Care Act would have prevented that.

No, it was never designed to do that. But you know that and are just making another gratuitous bash.

Of course I know that. It's not just a gratuitous bash...it's the truth. What part of Affordable addressed prescription costs?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne