RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

whether his news source is interesting or not, it is a fact that the students did hold a rally supporting Ben Fields.

I live 30 min from this school. It was featured on the local news.

As a side note that I'm sure will make all the cop bashers happy. Ben Fields has been fired, the administrator that called the resource officer in is "on leave" and the two girls are back in class as if nothing has happened. It is under investigation as to whether or not they disrupted the class. No word on any suspension or expulsion. :S

The desire to justify the unjustifiable on the other side of that blue line is indicative of the corruption in police departments across our nation.Unsure

Yes because the students who actually go there were upset and showed support for their SRO. Meanwhile, you pound platitudes on your keyboard.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

The desire to justify the unjustifiable on the other side of that blue line is indicative of the corruption in police departments across our nation.Unsure

Yes because the students who actually go there were upset and showed support for their SRO. Meanwhile, you pound platitudes on your keyboard.

Yeah.. I just believe in that pesky document that explains what the right of citizens... ALL Citizens have...

The Patriot act did NOT give the gang in BLUE the right to toss children across a class room last I checked.

But go ahead and keep supporting Officer Slam. and his ILK. the American people are watching and are getting tired of your GANG VIOLENCE

Eventually those powers you dig so much are going to get neutered.

The Patriot act did NOT give the gang in BLUE the right to toss children across a class room last I checked.

Your right the patriot act has nothing to do with the South Carolina law "SECTION 12. Section 16-17-420 Disturbing schools". It also has nothing to fucking do with this incident or this thread.

But go ahead and keep supporting Officer Slam. and his ILK. the American people are watching and are getting tired of your GANG VIOLENCE

Exercising what the military taught you again huh attack the threat when communicating.

Your still ignoring the fact that the kids under officer Fields watch are in a majority agreement of support for him. They out of ANYONE being the ones in contact with him for good or bad on a daily basis have a better situation to judge him and the results are not what you are spewing so violently through your keyboard thousands of miles from him with only filtered biased knowledge of but is in support of.

cvfd1399

Your right the patriot act has nothing to do with the South Carolina law "SECTION 12. Section 16-17-420 Disturbing schools". It also has nothing to fucking do with this incident or this thread.

***But go ahead and keep supporting Officer Slam. and his ILK. the American people are watching and are getting tired of your GANG VIOLENCE

Exercising what the military taught you again huh attack the threat when communicating.

Your still ignoring the fact that the kids under officer Fields watch are in a majority agreement of support for him. They out of ANYONE being the ones in contact with him for good or bad on a daily basis have a better situation to judge him and the results are not what you are spewing so violently through your keyboard thousands of miles from him with only filtered biased knowledge of but is in support of.
Power seems to have corrupted the police of this country... and yes... all that Patriot Act bullshit is part of the problem..
Too many sheep were so afraid.....

OH PROTECT US POLICE STATE.
Power corrupts.... and the power of life and death.. seems to have corrupted absolutely...

Keep justifying there bubba...

cvfd1399

Power seems to have corrupted the police of this country

That is a broad statement, care to be realistic and admit that you did not mean all of the police, and only that some are corrupted.

***Keep justifying there bubba...

Will do....

Well then .... how about a federal beef for ANY abuse of police powers.. 5 years in Pound them in the ass Federal Prison and the loss of the ability to EVER be placed in any position of power again.

aphid

Associated Press article featuring a non-partisan news item, not an opinion piece.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hundreds-of-cops-kicked-off-force-for-committing-sex-crimes_5636133ae4b063179912afba

I n0te none of our Apologists for those in blue have been here to comment on this one...

AGAIN...how about a federal beef for ANY abuse of police powers.. 5 years in Pound them in the ass Federal Prison for each count and the loss of the ability to EVER be placed in any position of power again.

whether his news source is interesting or not, it is a fact that the students did hold a rally supporting Ben Fields.

I read it was a couple dozen students. The news reports from certain sites make it sound like the whole school got behind him.

- Dan G

Look at the video the kids posted, it's more than a couple dozen.

It's in a link earlier in the thread.

Good kids are sick of this type of behavior in the link below, school administration is now powerless to stop it. Now SRO's are hamstrung as well.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=581_1446436696

Amazon

I n0te none of our Apologists for those in blue have been here to comment on this one...

OK-I can't find anyone saying dirty cops should get a pass. As far as sexual misconduct. I'm as sure as anyone who doesn't have first hand knowledge can be that it occurs. I did note that the story seems to paint every accusation as a proven crime. I'm not going to go out on a limb and even venture to guess what percentage of complaints are legit. More than should be. I'm also not stupid enough or blinded enough by my own opinions to think that none of the complaints are fabricated. I would hope that the number is very small, but it happens.
Bad cops don't mean every or even most cops are bad. Bikers committing crimes doesn't mean that all or even most 1%ers are criminals. Attempts to use broad brushes invariably are wrong. At the point you're argument starts hinging on juvenile name calling and willfully ignoring facts there is no legitimacy left.
I'm also on record as saying that there is no valid reason that no cops have ever faced RICO charges. There's situations that meet the requirements way better than some that have been brought against clubs.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

The you are way more optimistic than I am. I only see a NEED for changes. [:/]

That wheel turns very slowly.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Fully agreed with your first sentence.
Did they mark your wife's name with a B?
Highlight it too?
AND circle it?
THEN change the story on why they disqualified her every time they tried to justify it?
:S

Someday, we should seriously consider NOT targeting black people simply because they're black.
Using them as pawns in the criminal justice system simply because whitey can seems ok to a LOT of people.
I cannot understand why some people have so much hate for fellow humans.
Yet they clearly do.

futuredivot

OK-I can't find anyone saying dirty cops should get a pass. As far as sexual misconduct. I'm as sure as anyone who doesn't have first hand knowledge can be that it occurs. I did note that the story seems to paint every accusation as a proven crime. I'm not going to go out on a limb and even venture to guess what percentage of complaints are legit. More than should be. I'm also not stupid enough or blinded enough by my own opinions to think that none of the complaints are fabricated. I would hope that the number is very small, but it happens.
Bad cops don't mean every or even most cops are bad. Bikers committing crimes doesn't mean that all or even most 1%ers are criminals. Attempts to use broad brushes invariably are wrong. At the point you're argument starts hinging on juvenile name calling and willfully ignoring facts there is no legitimacy left.
I'm also on record as saying that there is no valid reason that no cops have ever faced RICO charges. There's situations that meet the requirements way better than some that have been brought against clubs.

It sure does have a stench though.. about just how some cops on the other side of that blue line are willing to dismiss ANYTHING their Brothers in Blue perpetrate.

No,
They asked if anyone is related to an LEO, she raised her hand and stated the relationship. She was immediately struck from the jury by the defense.

It's understandable, but it is by definition discrimination.

The cases cited were back in the '80's, in our area the jury pool has expanded dramatically. They went from registered voters only, to drivers license applicants, this was probably about 15 years ago. I've had people I've arrested sitting on a Grand Jury when I go to testify.

The system is far from perfect I agree, but those who think everything is stacked against the defendant are simply incorrect.

Dealing with anything in the criminal justice system is like trying to hit a moving target, albeit a slow moving target.

Are you sure you understand what that word means?

Uhhh............yea

But here is some help for you.

an act or instance of discriminating, or of making a distinction.
treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit:
racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment:
She chose the colors with great discrimination.
Archaic. something that serves to differentiate.

con·flict of in·ter·est
noun
a situation in which the concerns or aims of two different parties are incompatible.
"the conflict of interest between elected officials and corporate lobbyists"
a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.
"Watson quit his job after questions about a possible conflict of interest"

She had no incompatible interest with either party, nor did she know them.

She is college educated and is capable of making informed decisions based on the presented information.

I said by definition, I also said it was understandable.

That is the difference between you and I,
I try to see both sides of the issue.

Disagreement doesn't mean someone isn't looking at both sides.

"A potential juror who works, or has a relative who works, for a law enforcement agency may be partial to any law enforcement officer over the defendant. It would be unfair to the defendant if this juror gave greater credibility to the officer over the defendant solely based on his job."

I'm unfamiliar with marriage to cop discrimination as well. That's a new one.

normiss

"blah blah blah...... MAY be partial to ......blah blah blah."

Pre-supposing a bias in an individual based on something so shallow about a group they may or may not identify with (but they are placed in it arbitrarily by someone with a bit of power) is pretty much the definition of discrimination isn't it?

(note the irony that the statement is pre-judging the tendency of another to pre-judge - I'm loving it.

in other words, some types of discrimination are absolutely fine - even better if it's discrimination for the sake of giving a false appearance of trying to avoid discrimination

dizzying)

I mean, the question was "are you associated in any way with police". Not "what do you think about (something to do with law)" or even then some followup to see if the lawyers bias has any founding......

I have a hard time with questions that are "what are you", rather than "how do you think"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You honestly think, there is a minute, remote chance, that a wife of a cop would believe a defendant's testimony above a cop???

There must be a good reason this is practiced with regularity.

Fair and balanced defense, not discrimination.

I think the prosecuting side has more than enough ways to railroad people if need be. Or black.
:)