RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

ryoder

You would think...but these guys I don't think have been prosecuted yet at all:

https://youtu.be/JTKTfUHfeKM

I'm still curious about that;
Was there a separate hidden camera *and* hidden VCR the cops didn't know about?

My understanding is they did indeed just miss one camera....not sure how it recorded through, VCR or straight to the cloud somewhere.

normiss

We will need to be very patient.
The code of silence and cover up takes awhile.
The Chicago murder took 400 days.
:S
There should be an entire wing of the jail for all these bad lying cops.
Isn't it a felony to lie and cover up a murder?

Don't forget about the rest of them. Who was arguing in court that the video shouldn't be released? Who has been defending the cops?

If it was anyone but the cops and the prosecutors and the mayor's office, those at the scene would be charged with "accessory to murder" and those involved in the cover-up would be charged with "obstruction of justice" or "accessory after the fact."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"New video excerpts from Chicago police shooting" http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-laquan-mcdonald-new-videos-excerpts-20151125-story.html

One blurry beyond being useful.
The other is the car that arrived just after the shooting from the opposite direction.
None of them with usable audio.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

After seeing the autopsy graphic with the bullet holes in body (but before I had seen the video) I was going to jokingly post "maybe he was rolling about on the ground, but the police just kept shooting"

After actually seeing the video; damn that's exactly what happened.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

ryoder

"New video excerpts from Chicago police shooting" http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-laquan-mcdonald-new-videos-excerpts-20151125-story.html

One blurry beyond being useful.
The other is the car that arrived just after the shooting from the opposite direction.
None of them with usable audio.

Fortunately we aren't having riots.

IMO the city's police chief and the entire chain of command down to the officer should be fired at minimum. Obstruction of justice charges where appropriate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Fortunately we aren't having riots.

IMO the city's police chief and the entire chain of command down to the officer should be fired at minimum. Obstruction of justice charges where appropriate.

And if the mayor knew what was on the tape, he needs to face charges as well: http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/11/in_chicago_shooting_mayor_eman.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He seems to have put a bit of effort in distancing himself from the cover up.
When do the Feds arrive to take over this PD also?

How many PD's are the Feds overseeing and or investigating now?
I'm starting to think the whole 99% of them being "good guys" might be another lie from the blue line.

normiss

I'm starting to think the whole 99% of them being "good guys" might be another lie from the blue line.

From the NPR interview with U. of Chicago law professor Futterman:

"Just a couple of weeks or so after the incident, I got a confidential tip from someone inside the police department who was shocked by what they saw and was worried that it was going to be buried and asked, please, would we look into it."

So we know there is at least one decent person in the Chicago PD.

Source: http://www.npr.org/2015/11/25/457341909/graphic-video-released-of-white-chicago-police-officer-shooting-black-teenager

There actually are a lot of good cops.

But they maintain that "thin blue line", that code of silence.

They have to if they want to survive.

THIS is a transcript from NPR's "This American Life." It discusses "old boy" networks and their power.

The important part is the prologue. It's an FBI guy who investigated corruption in Chicago in the 70s. Rather telling.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

If they are to be treated exactly as civilians, what about "accessory (to murder) after-the-fact"? Or is that just a Hollywood-type of law?

If they are such a large organized group with a hierarchical structure, could they use any of the federal RICO or gang statutes against them?

How about hate-crime laws?

aphid

If they are to be treated exactly as civilians, what about "accessory (to murder) after-the-fact"? Or is that just a Hollywood-type of law?

If they are such a large organized group with a hierarchical structure, could they use any of the federal RICO or gang statutes against them?

How about hate-crime laws?

Law professor David Friedman (son of economist Milton Friedman) is also posing the question of accessory to murder: http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/

normiss

How about instead of using your gut instinct you use your brain and do some Google searches on that subject. There are a few studies about police corruption from the FBI that will give you some better numbers about this than the shit you are gobbling up from the anti cop media.

There are also some groups out there who are private and tracking this with level headed statistics and not emotion.

From what I can tell using the FBI and private sources they estimate from 1-10% are bad cops using that term to cover things like corruption, ethics, leadership, etc.

Its worth doing something about for sure but dammit go at it with some thought, facts, and not emotions.

cvfd1399

***He seems to have put a bit of effort in distancing himself from the cover up.

How about instead of using your gut instinct you use your brain and do some Google searches on that subject. There are a few studies about police corruption from the FBI that will give you some better numbers about this than the shit you are gobbling up from the anti cop media.

There are also some groups out there who are private and tracking this with level headed statistics and not emotion.

From what I can tell using the FBI and private sources they estimate from 1-10% are bad cops using that term to cover things like corruption, ethics, leadership, etc.

Its worth doing something about for sure but dammit go at it with some thought, facts, and not emotions.

I doubt that 1% to 10% number counts all those cops who know one of their "brothers" did something wrong, but they aren't speaking up.

SkyDekker

******He seems to have put a bit of effort in distancing himself from the cover up.

I doubt that 1% to 10% number counts all those cops who know one of their "brothers" did something wrong, but they aren't speaking up.

You need close to 100% cooperation to have a successful cover-up. (Which is why most conspiracy theories are junk - like nanothermite...).

1 cop of a 2 cop unit car in a 50 man department steals something 100% cooperation for a coverup is 2 people.

Are you suggesting a department of 500 people needs all 500 to cover something up? Wouldn't they all need to have first hand knowledge and proof of something to be included in a coverup? Even the guys on vacation and not working that day?

normiss

Yea, so....since you pussed out on some key components of the discussion.

You're still wrong.
Keep resisting all you want but.....get ready.
Shit be changin' blah.

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you get drunk and post this?

While you sober up watch this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE
And don't ever post to me in that tone. If you feel you must then just save your breath as I won't respond to such ignorance.

cvfd1399

1 cop of a 2 cop unit car in a 50 man department steals something 100% cooperation for a coverup is 2 people.

Are you suggesting a department of 500 people needs all 500 to cover something up? Wouldn't they all need to have first hand knowledge and proof of something to be included in a coverup? Even the guys on vacation and not working that day?

And what about cop shoots kid, 4 or so other cops present during shooting.

Shooting is extremely questionable and is caught on tape.

How many cops are involved to sweep that one under the rug and ensure no nearby businesses have video of the incident?

Now lets say there are 20 questionable major incidents like that per year.

Now how many cops are involved?

cvfd1399

Wrong baseline. Try again.

cvfd1399

***He seems to have put a bit of effort in distancing himself from the cover up.

That's not how the far left works. If we could get them to think, they would be moderates.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

JFK assassination was fully investigated in 300 days, this one is easy.
Chicago is quite skilled at this sort of thing though.
If they had dealt with that one when it happened, poor Rahm might have missed the reelection. :P

Yes, and if the truth about some things that Obama and Clinton said were outed early enough, they wouldn't be where they are now too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun