RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

headoverheels

***Some reading to start you off with might help you to see there is a problem.
[:/]

A quick random glance at 5-6 of those didn't turn up any that were obviously "a problem."

I rather think the "take away" from his post it that the list has 1029 entries (just for 2015)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

normiss

When your own department does the investigations?
:S

Please try to stay current with the discussion.
This is the main reason the feds are up so many PD's asses right now.

The link you posted seems to show all cases of someone being killed by a cop. Do you think that all of those show problems? I doubt it.

Agreed, I clearly don't expect many of them to be anything but a dumbass doing something stupid that gets them shot by a cop for justifiable reasons but I also think it's naive to think that a simple "JUSTIFIED!" stamp on the folder means that it's actually true.

Many are calling for independent investigations of cop involved shootings for that very reason.

cvfd1399

Jesus fucking Christ. I can't let you run away with that first line.

The cops did not know there was a kid in the car....

Or to put it another way,

The cops did not know there wasn't a kid in the car

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So you think she is only going to get charged for fraud if she tells them she wants to keep the money her and her husband stole?

Eh? You said it sucks for the people who were oblivious to the crime. So in my reply, I'm hardly going to be talking about people who were fucking complicit, am I? Logic 101 bro, try it some time.:S

Is that how it works over there? You only get charged for robbing the bank if you want to keep the money?

So, since you said it sucks for those that have to suffer through a legal battle you must think that if you rob a bank you should get away with it. Is that right?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I heard this story on NPR this morning.
It is an interview with Don Bridges, the VP of the National Association of School Resource Officers, (i.e. cops in the school).

Something that really caught me off-guard was this comment from him:

"One of the other things we do is that we make it clear that discipline is not the job of the school resource officer."

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/12/455717457/school-house-police-need-new-tactics-association-says
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

cvfd1399

More normal police work.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Police-Officers-Save-Baby-Choking-on-Candy-327184901.html#

I vow to submit link for link a case of an officer doing good for every one of your bad. Only for the purposes of showing the other side. Let's not turn this place into more of a circlejerk than it already is.

The "other side" is obvious. People doing their job. Should be pretty easy to find.

promise5

I'm still waiting for an answer on " those not like me" or ethnicity.

The majority of people killed by cops are ethnic minorities. Usually poor, black and either inner city or rural.

Not white, employed, middle class.
And history has shown that the white middle class generally doesn't care when minorities get killed, by any means. They often don't even know it's happening.

Richard Pryor had a really insightful bit about it (and this was almost 40 years ago).

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/richard-pryor-knew-all-about-police-brutality-1666822891

You seem to think that only someone who is a cop or has family who is one have any right to criticize them.

You include EMS too, which is garbage. No EMS that I'm aware of has arrest power or carries a variety of lethal and "less than lethal" weapons.
I'm unaware of any EMTs taking a patient, restraining their hands so they have no way to catch themselves in a fall, tossing them in the back of an ambulance and then giving them a "rough ride" that results in their death.

The cops are killing people on a pretty regular basis. They are only recently being called to account for it.
And a large segment of society seems to think that those calls for closer scrutiny are wrong.

Why is it that very few of those who think it's wrong for closer scrutiny are of the same socio-ethnic background of the majority being killed?

Here's a rather disturbing one that's fairly recent. Pulled over for a minor traffic offense, that then escalates because of a combination of the cop's and the driver's attitude. Arrest results. The arrestee is then discovered dead in the cell. From "suicide."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

headoverheels

***It is not very obvious to some here. Cant help but balance the blinding hateful negativity from some.

As the old chestnut goes, dog bites man isn't a story; man bites dog is.

When cover-ups stop, so will much of the action that gets covered up.

What cover s do you speak of?

On a local level, county, state, federal?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So now you're telling me what I am as far as ethnicity.
Please enlighten me on what I am or am not.

Then go on to tell me my families financial history.
I can't wait to find out.

I work with police officers on a daily basis and yes I have family members that are in law enforcement.

But again I can't wait for you to tell me more about things you have no clue about.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Iago

******Jesus fucking Christ. I can't let you run away with that first line.

The cops did not know there was a kid in the car....

Or to put it another way,

The cops did not know there wasn't a kid in the car

Even if they did know there was a kid in the car, I doubt that would have stopped them from unloading their mags.

Just a little more collateral damage..

Don't mean nuthin... not a thang

promise5

Totally not my point

You don't seem to really have a point.

Look at the demographics of your state/city (in reference to what you experience) and Google the word extrapolate. Come back with some statements not just based on "I know what I know".
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

cvfd1399

Goes along with other "people do the job they're paid for" news, like:

Grocery checkout clerk gives correct change.

Teacher teaches class with students in it.

Taxi driver takes customer to airport.

Physician writes prescription for patient.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.