RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

kallend

************.... I’ve also lived in small-town America and seen the genetic detritus that constitutes the local police force of your average hick town.

I've lived in small town America all my life and I have not seen this.

Maybe you just need to get out more.

How many times have you personally witnessed it?

As you very well know, I don't live in "small town America" and never have.

It might do you some good.

WTF is wrong with US cops?

Simple answer they have no actual checks and balances and have goon unchecked for decades.

This is not a new problem its just with cameras everywhere now White people get to see all those minorities weren't lairs all those years. Funny how so many things are like that.

The 2nd biggest problem the brotherhood mentality, if you cover up for your "brothers in Blue" you are no longer there to serve me and the public who you work for, you are now a gang member and deserve the same respect.

The major reason it is the way it is is the Cops and the system for allowing them to do horrific after horrific act and get away with it.

It has become us vs them because that's what they have created.

Just do a quick search of cops committing crimes killing people and then look at the punishment. Its not hard to understand why people are sick of cops.

More Americans civilians are killed by cops a year then terrorist.

The 3rd biggest issue is the public, We have a retarded bunch that in their minds some things are not allowed to be honestly criticized, Some things are holy to them, troops, teachers, cops, etc... So you can never actually have a mature discussion to make things better.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I sure would love to see all the folk so critical go work as a cop and show us how to do it right!!!!

I am sorry but so sick of this line of bull shit as an excuse for horrible behavior.

Is this Communist Russia? did someone assign you to be a cop?
If you can not do a job right, you don't get to do it shitty and say would like to see you do it.

Also a shitty job for a cop doesn't mean i get my sandwich with mayo i didn't order it means people get wrongfully killed, imprisoned, embarrassed,lives destroyed.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

bigbearfng

I sure would love to see all the folk so critical go work as a cop and show us how to do it right!!!!! (And you still make it home in one piece at the end of your shift)

There are a lot of cops in Canada, UK, Australia, NZ, France, Italy, Japan, Netherlands... and they don't seem to have the same problems with killing unarmed civilians as US cops do. Maybe we should see what they are doing right.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There are a lot of cops in Canada, UK, Australia, NZ, France, Italy, Japan, Netherlands... and they don't seem to have the same problems with killing unarmed civilians as US cops do. Maybe we should see what they are doing right.

Here in Canada we have different problems with our cops.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/09/20/to-swerve-and-protect.html

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/16/judge-slams-opp-officer-acquits-good-samaritan

http://www.oppblock.org/

kallend

************.... I’ve also lived in small-town America and seen the genetic detritus that constitutes the local police force of your average hick town.

Then from what experience do you give that advice?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

cengland

Here in Canada we have different problems with our cops.

http://www.oppblock.org/

From the sites statistics:

Statistics
Total posts 1138 • Total topics 491 • Total members 85

Administrator
Total posts: 933 | (81.99% of all posts / 0.73 posts per day)

Pretty small membership. And the administrator seems to have a strong personal agenda whereby he has the lions-share of posts.

Which supports my earlier post (you may have missed it):

I think all can agree that every western democracy has some people in law enforcement who are bad at their jobs, or even bullies. I think we could also agree that fortunately they are still in the minority of the total force.

In general terms we don’t fear our police in Canada. I’m equally sure the Brits, Germans, Dutch, Kiwi’s, Swedes, et al do not generally fear their police forces.

ref: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4757816#4757816

turtlespeed

***************.... I’ve also lived in small-town America and seen the genetic detritus that constitutes the local police force of your average hick town.

Did you actually BOTHER to read the thread? He wrote that he's only ever lived in small town America. I wrote that he needs to get out more. To see what it's like where the other 80.7% of Americans live (according to the US Census Bureau).

Anvilbrother

You said he needs to get out more, then you said you have never lived in small town america, so his question is valid. You were giving advice to Something you self admitted have no experience in.

Don't you really see the difference between living in a big city or a small town/village???

:o

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Anvilbrother

You said he needs to get out more, then you said you have never lived in small town america, so his question is valid. You were giving advice to Something you self admitted have no experience in.

Ummm NO. Faulty logic there. FAIL.

kallend

***You said he needs to get out more, then you said you have never lived in small town america, so his question is valid. You were giving advice to Something you self admitted have no experience in.

How do you know for certain that he needs to get out more. He ,at be very well travelled, but only ever lived in a small town.

Go live for as long as he has in a small town, then you are qualified to give advice on the matter. Logic - yours is faulty.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

******You said he needs to get out more, then you said you have never lived in small town america, so his question is valid. You were giving advice to Something you self admitted have no experience in.

How do you know for certain that he needs to get out more. He ,at be very well travelled, but only ever lived in a small town.

Go live for as long as he has in a small town, then you are qualified to give advice on the matter. Logic - yours is faulty.

Someone else who didn't bother to read the thread. FAIL.

kallend

*********You said he needs to get out more, then you said you have never lived in small town america, so his question is valid. You were giving advice to Something you self admitted have no experience in.

Someone else who didn't bother to read the thread. FAIL.

Survey SAYS . . . X X X

kallend

******************.... I’ve also lived in small-town America and seen the genetic detritus that constitutes the local police force of your average hick town.

Did you actually BOTHER to read the thread? He wrote that he's only ever lived in small town America. I wrote that he needs to get out more. To see what it's like where the other 80.7% of Americans live (according to the US Census Bureau).

Yes, and just because someone lives in a place, doesn't mean that is the sum total of their experience.

I live in a smallish town in Texas, compared to Chicago, but my travel and work experience far outweighs the time being in that area.

Not even gonna reply to what you stated you dont know how they got to the situation they were in when the video started.

True, the video (IMHO) is far from conclusive how "they got there."

According to print media, the engagement escalated when the suspect removed the cop's hand from him. Now whether or not the suspect's action to remove the cop's hand from him was aggressive or not aggressive, injurious or non-injurious is of no consequence. The suspect is facing an assault charge and probably resisting arrest. I'm going to bet the cops are going to pile charges to bargain away a law suit.

Wars at the national level and fights at the personal level are first fought in the mind according to Sun-Tzu. Perhaps I watch too many movies but I'll refer back to one of the first scenes in "Braveheart" where Uncle Argyle consoles an orphaned William Wallace and promises to William that he will raise him, "First we teach you this," Uncle Argyle points to William's head, "And then we'll teach you that," Uncle Argyle points to the sword.

And there is both a ring of truth to teaching one before the other. A teen juvenile gets off a bus and jaywalks, an illegal act. A transit police officer (according to print media) is there to tighten that kid up and let him know in uncertain terms that a law is being broken. But the police officer is the adult so the next question is, did this officer take the appropriate number of seconds to assess the threat level of the suspect before he engaged? If the young man was very low threat, perhaps keeping the temp of the conversation as low key as possible while getting the point across and still write the citation. The way the road and the bus zone is described, the young man could have gotten hurt all by his lonesome. So Mr. Police Officer, be the bigger adult here and appeal to the young man's self preservation instincts and advise him he's going to hurt himself by jaywalking. Be firm, be wise, be the adult, and that means don't be so quick to escalate the situation if no threat exists. In this day and age of everyone's got a video cam, the actions taken may be the difference between staying employed or going to jail and being sued.

"To win without fighting is best," quotes Sun-Tzu.
Sun-Tzu is right.