RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

We see stuff like this in press every few days:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/officers-tackle-teen-walking-street_55fb585ae4b00310edf68606

While not all cops are bad/corrupt, there seems to be a great need to rethink the policing approach in the US.

This is how the US public is treated; yet let one thing happen to a police officer and there is great noise and uproar, with the requisite picture of him in the news (in uniform in front of the American flag). These idiots are a disgrace to "real" police officers and the flag they're standing in front of.

You need not worry about terrorists; these 75 IQ wonders in their blue uniforms and badges should be your real concern.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

In that video it shows the suspect hanging onto the baton-so the cop should let him have it to use against him? The cop shows restraint-after retaining control of the baton he waits for backup to control the suspect with least amount of force used.
And of course the beginning of the incident is not shown-yet again..........
Sorry but all the Monday morning quarterbacks get old.....

And I have to wonder how many critics have actually had to go one on one to control and arrest someone? It ain't like on TV folks!

Makes me think of a malfunction-lottsa folk will criticize you for what you did or didn't do. But "if in doubt whip it out" got you on the ground safe then tell the armchairs quarterbacks to go away.......

piisfish

*** these 75 IQ wonders in their blue uniforms and badges should be your real concern.

75IQ is the sum between the 12 of them :|

YOU WILL COMPLY... or you can die... just think how many of these have been apologetically justified here by their fellows who are over on the other side of that BLUE LINE.

Beware the gang in blue for they feel justified and have a license to kill.

Basically we have a bunch of fucking control freaks.... do as I say or I will fuck you up. >:(>:(

I think it's always been like this, for a few decades at least. Only lately with the advance of social media, smart phones, dash cameras, body cameras, etc are more of these incidents becoming public.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

I think it's always been like this, for a few decades at least. Only lately with the advance of social media, smart phones, dash cameras, body cameras, etc are more of these incidents becoming public.

I know for sure that is correct.
I have cousins in the LEO community and they are not so different from those who they seek to control.
Most were bullies when we were kids.... they got into trouble with some of the same kids who ended up getting caught and becoming part of the criminal element. The only difference I could ever see is they did not get caught for their "crimes" and given a little bit of power they just became classic control freaks. I know those cousins just love teaching some people a lesson.[:/]

So far they are getting away with that shit... but eventually someone will get them on camera.>:(

Amazon

***I think it's always been like this, for a few decades at least. Only lately with the advance of social media, smart phones, dash cameras, body cameras, etc are more of these incidents becoming public.

I know for sure that is correct.
I have cousins in the LEO community and they are not so different from those who they seek to control.
Most were bullies when we were kids.... they got into trouble with some of the same kids who ended up getting caught and becoming part of the criminal element. The only difference I could ever see is they did not get caught for their "crimes" and given a little bit of power they just became classic control freaks. I know those cousins just love teaching some people a lesson.[:/]

So far they are getting away with that shit... but eventually someone will get them on camera.>:(

Yep, and when people first started taping police brutality, if they saw you, you either got intimidated or beaten up by them or your camera smashed. :|
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

I never realized how crucial it is to beat the fuck out out of some kid in the interest of his safety because he was just stepped off the curb.
It would appear self preservation and defense defense from injury is not a normal reaction to you.
STOP RESISTING!

normiss

I never realized how crucial it is to beat the fuck out out of some kid in the interest of his safety because he was just stepped off the curb.
It would appear self preservation and defense defense from injury is not a normal reaction to you.
STOP RESISTING!

Again-before jumping to conclusions-where's the beginning of the incident. What happened up to that point?
Yes it may be the cop was a power hungry ahole. Then again it may be that "kid" (that's plenty big enough to do some real damage) initiated the incident.

I just find it ironic that in incidents folk are always saying don't jump to conclusions-figure out what really happened. But for police incidents that just doesn't apply.....

Because jaywalking, aka walking while black.
I jaywalk all the time. The removal of our ability to assess risk and danger and rely entirely on the crosswalk signs is is just silly sometimes.
Cops have too many excuses to arrest and stack charges IMO.
I'm having trouble understanding why jaywalking is arrestable in the first place, much less a violent felony type takedown.

normiss

I'm having trouble understanding why jaywalking is arrestable in the first place, much less a violent felony type takedown.

It is called "corporate lobbying": http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26073797
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

Because jaywalking, aka walking while black.
I jaywalk all the time. The removal of our ability to assess risk and danger and rely entirely on the crosswalk signs is is just silly sometimes.
Cops have too many excuses to arrest and stack charges IMO.

Again.....
What's the beginning of the incident???
Of course jaywalking is not arrestable-it's a cite only.
If the cop approached him and the "kid" shoved him or even took a swing then of course it goes to shit from there.....
If not then the cop may well be one of those aholes that make everyone else's job more difficult.
It's just seems it's gotten so popular to jump to the conclusion the cop must be wrong.

While we sit here and wait for the full story to come out, who here has heard any presidential canidate say they will put in place procedures that require police to report all shootings to the FBI or other top agency?

I have said before to identify exactly how big of a problem you have you need to know the extent of it and stop going off wildly speculated numbers.

On the fire side any fire where a hose line is pulled and water is flowed gets reported to the state fire Marshall who then send it up to someone else. We include things like if the house had smoke detectors, if they operated, and if it alerted the occupants, if there were sprinklers, any casualties or fatalities and the descriptions around that. As well as other good to know info. This is mandatory and is sent electronically. One other thing that always gets sent up is malfunctions of electrical equipment cars, etc. Say a stove short circuits, or a dryer catches on fire we record all the details and send it up so trends about faulty equipment can be recorded nationally.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I'm not going to attempt to excuse the bad behavior of some, but, the police in the US operate in different conditions than police in most other 1st world countries.

In some place like GB, the police are better armed than the populace. The police also have the benefit of a generally more subservient culture.

By contrast, the US is essentially based on the concept of, "FU, don't tell me what to do."

I'd be more than a little paranoid as a cop in the US too. My guess is the concept of taking control first and asking questions later is more evolutionary based thinking; basic survival.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Anvilbrother

While we sit here and wait for the full story to come out, who here has heard any presidential canidate say they will put in place procedures that require police to report all shootings to the FBI or other top agency?

I have said before to identify exactly how big of a problem you have you need to know the extent of it and stop going off wildly speculated numbers.

On the fire side any fire where a hose line is pulled and water is flowed gets reported to the state fire Marshall who then send it up to someone else. We include things like if the house had smoke detectors, if they operated, and if it alerted the occupants, if there were sprinklers, any casualties or fatalities and the descriptions around that. As well as other good to know info. This is mandatory and is sent electronically. One other thing that always gets sent up is malfunctions of electrical equipment cars, etc. Say a stove short circuits, or a dryer catches on fire we record all the details and send it up so trends about faulty equipment can be recorded nationally.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ardpatr.pdf

Of course those don't take apart the incidents-only collects the numbers. Don't know what further analyses is done to say which ones are "problem deaths" or not.

bigbearfng

Again-before jumping to conclusions-where's the beginning of the incident. What happened up to that point?

In many instances, we don't need to see what led up to a situation to know it is wrong to:

- punch an elderly women over 15 times when you already have her on the ground any you’re a large male in excess of 200 lbs.

- press the knee and full bodyweight of a large adult male into the back of 14yr old girl in a bikini at a children’s pool party.

- slam an elderly gentleman face first into the ground, when he did nothing but not understand English

- shoot people in the back as run away (common occurrence of late)

- shoot at cars when you don’t know who is in them

- kick a pregnant woman

- tackle and slam to the ground a person you “think” is the suspect (saying “my bad” after the event doesn’t make up for the error).

- turn an incident of a 14yr old jaywalking into an event requiring 10 cops ...

If you don’t have the self control and professionalism to not snap and “lose your shit” if someone makes even the slightest verbal slur to you – you should not be in law enforcement.

I’ve lived in NY & Chicago; I know how the large city police departments are hotbeds of corruption and cover-up. I’ve also lived in small-town America and seen the genetic detritus that constitutes the local police force of your average hick town.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Try a different town.

I've been threatened with tickets for a cop not even knowing the law.
I am NOT required to carry insurance on a motorcycle in this state and he has no right to ask for proof. Of course the threat of a dick cop did cause me to show it. He was moved to to a non patrol position.