brenthutch

What is the defination of a Country

Some say borders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

brenthutch

Some say boarders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

For the US, I think we'd have to go with "boarders".

muff528

***Some say boarders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

Are rooms provided??

There are countries and there is the United States of America. The USA is the exception in that our flag represents an ideal. That ideal is that people from oppressed countries can migrate here and become independent and free with the ability to attain any level of success they desire. The qualifying requirement is they must enter America legally.

Yes, I agree with borders, language and culture. Enter legally, learn to speak English well enough to carry out the activities of daily living and find a place to make a stand.

I hope and pray that we elect a president in 2016 that will uphold that concept.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The USA is the exception in that our flag represents an ideal.

Yeah, you're right. Literally no-one else has that. No other country has a flag that is anything but random colours and shapes and no other country enjoys either freedom or success.

USA! USA! USA!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

muff528

***Some say boarders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

is there a fairly clear defination of boarders?
isn't it the lyne that dafines the edje of a land masse?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

******Some say boarders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

No, that's called a "beach". Maybe "seastrand" if you're old enough and from the old country.

muff528

*********Some say boarders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

No, that's called a "beach". Maybe "seastrand" if you're old enough and from the old country.

you mean a 'beech'?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

muff528

you mean a 'beech'?

Yes, of course. A sunny beech.

What do feemal muzlumz have two doo weeth thez
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

RonD1120

The USA is the exception in that our flag represents an ideal. That ideal is that people from oppressed countries can migrate here and become independent and free with the ability to attain any level of success they desire.

No it doesn't, you're thinking of the Statue of Liberty inscription - incidentally, a gift from France.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

brenthutch

Some say borders, language, culture, but that would be at odds with much of American history. Just what makes a country a country? This is a question that much of The world (Europe, Aisa,Mid-East, US) is starting to grapple with. I'm not being a dick I really want a discussion.

If they don't have their own TLD, they're not a country in my eyes. Fuck England and Scotland. :D
cavete terrae.

RonD1120

There are countries and there is the United States of America. The USA is the exception in that our flag represents an ideal. That ideal is that people from oppressed countries can migrate here and become independent and free with the ability to attain any level of success they desire. The qualifying requirement is they must enter America legally.

Yes, I agree with borders, language and culture. Enter legally, learn to speak English well enough to carry out the activities of daily living and find a place to make a stand.

I hope and pray that we elect a president in 2016 that will uphold that concept.

It's unclear to me how a person can be so wrong about so many things in a single posting.

1) The US is no exception. Period.

2) No our flag doesn't represent an ideal. It's a number of states (the stars) and the number of original colonies (the stripes). The colors are simply the colors of the previous country that controlled it. All other "ideals" are simply crap people made up in an attempt to justify the design.

3) At no point has the flag ever represented the ideal of people migrating to the US from oppressed countries. Never.

4) The requirements to entry into the US post date the creation of the flag by nearly a hundred years. In fact, the country was built in large part by people who simply wandered over from other countries lured by possible fortunes or forcibly brought here against their will. It was ONLY after the country was well establish by this labor force that any thought it would be a good idea to somehow cut back on that.

Some day I hope you pick up a history book. Seriously. You ought to give it a shot.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RonD1120

Nope, you are incorrect on all points.

Face palm

Research Ron, research.

Smh

Start here.

Then read this: http://www.usa-flag-site.org/history/

If that isn't good enough, Try this: http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagfact.html
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

billvon

>isn't it the lyne that dafines the edje of a land masse?

Yes that's defi(nitely a)nation.

I see what you did there.

+1