normiss

More impressive police work!

normiss

Nice shootin' Tex.

If a fat dude in his underdrawers talking to a lady cop in her squad car is a threat, maybe you're in the wrong line of work.
:S

Yeah.... do not render assistance to the guy you just shot.... but do stand round and talk with your fellow officers to get your stories all in line with how much of a desperado the guy was.. and all of them feared for their lives.

But it is Texas..... I just guess he needed killin.

And this from the POlice department.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-shows-man-shot-by-deputies-while-his-hands-are-up/ar-AAdNkAY?ocid=spartandhp#image=8

A call to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office was not immediately returned Monday afternoon, but the agency posted a statement on Facebook criticizing the television station for posting the video "of a tragedy" as "unethical and sad" and "sensational."

I wonder if they would have posted similar comment on the shooting of the Deputy last week????

News agencies.... have a saying... "If if bleeds it leads"

A call to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office was not immediately returned Monday afternoon, but the agency posted a statement on Facebook criticizing the television station for posting the video "of a tragedy" as "unethical and sad" and "sensational."

Yeah, posting a video is unethical but murdering that dude was just part of the job...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Seems like we got open season on police nowadays

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01/manhunt-on-for-gunman-after-cop-reportedly-killed-in-chicago/

And I agree with this sherif as to who is to blame

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/sheriff-clarke-obama-started-war-police
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

One thing that the police chief said is something to the effect that "two officers saw something that caused them to shoot simultaneously, and we couldn't see one hand behind the telephone pole." That bears investigation, rather than summary condemnation.

Other than that, yeah, it looks bad, based on news accounts. I generally don't watch those videos -- everyone else does, after all :S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think that if someone were to find a convincing argument for how Obama caused global warming, your head might start to spin :P

He's a bit player in this drama. The pieces are moving regardless.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

Clearly Obama gave them the wrong address.

Hmmm

Do you really mean this?

Sarcasm. Do you REALLY think Obama fields 911 calls? Really?

I know i know

It is ok for you to post stuff you do not really mean.....
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

So, you are defending the cops in this video?

headoverheels

So, you are defending the cops in this video?

Nope
Abraham Lincoln

Iago

***Nice shootin' Tex.

If a fat dude in his underdrawers talking to a lady cop in her squad car is a threat, maybe you're in the wrong line of work.

These incidents show again and again why police need to lose access to hard ammo as the primary load in their sidearm.

Gee, that should make things interesting when an officer finds himself in a gunfight !!!

Iago

*********Nice shootin' Tex.

These incidents show again and again why police need to lose access to hard ammo as the primary load in their sidearm.

Gee, that should make things interesting when an officer finds himself in a gunfight !!!

Since they seem to be using the sidearms to kill unarmed people or pump cars full of holes, I see no reason why they should not start with a magazine of rubber or plastic rounds.

They are policing a civilian population. They are NOT USMC Force Recon door kickers.

OMG... you mean you would not let them have all the cool black shit so they can be all "tactical"... I mean so many of them seem to really dig that....

rushmc

Actually if you are keeping score... unarmed civilians and their dogs are losing BIG.

Perhaps less cool black Tactical gear... and bigger brains with proper training might have kept their fellow officer from getting whacked by his own team too.:S:S

Iago

***************Nice shootin' Tex.

Since they seem to be using the sidearms to kill unarmed people or pump cars full of holes, I see no reason why they should not start with a magazine of rubber or plastic rounds.

They are policing a civilian population. They are NOT USMC Force Recon door kickers.

OMG... you mean you would not let them have all the cool black shit so they can be all "tactical"... I mean so many of them seem to really dig that....

Well, some of the stuff is actually functional. As someone pointed out, the TAC vest is much better fro the officers since they don't have 20 pounds of gear hanging on their hips swinging around.

My issue is with the increasing attitude and training that everyone is an enemy and the 'shoot first' doctrine applies.

Rubber rounds, especially at close range, will effectively incapacitate pretty much anybody and pose far less risk to bystanders and suspects.

If they need a second mag at that point load with the hard ammo.

Interesting concept, bullets with airbags:

https://youtu.be/-X5vUXdwABs

normiss

Nice shootin' Tex.

they are claiming he had a knife

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/02/texas-police-audio-indicates-deputy-shooting-victim-was-armed-s/21230822/
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Must have some REAL long arms for that to be a risk.
While hands were raised.

I'm actually curious to see if that's true, I'm puzzled by the claim the "new video makes it clear" that I saw on a news banner, while they sent it to Texas DPS crime lab for video enhancement to see.
Huh?

Anvilbrother

I heard on the radio this morning the new video clearly shows a large knife in his hand.

I heard that too. I also heard that statement came from the police "investigating" their own and is based on a video not released. Anybody know if it will be released?