Calvin19

Denali win.

turtlespeed

Strange . . . I was replying to a post regarding organized movements and then it said the post I was trying to access didn't exist.

Anyway . . . How many people were involved in the 1975 petition?

How many people are opposed to it today?

Depends on their level of ODS

That was me. I was curious if there was an organized opposition to the 1975 petition to remove the mckinley name.

I deleted it (in what I thought was about 3 seconds after posting) because I loosely remembered reading about the politicians/reasons the petition was denied. I wanted to read more about it before asking a stupid question.

-SPACE-

Excellent article, excellent program.
Thank you for pointing it out to me.

No doubt modifications within the initial infrastructure of the applicable requirements have been necessary since the time I was working / living there.
As in any program there must be a trial & error period to work out the "kinks", especially when the word is out free monies is being distributed.

I would also like to add my father in law helped build the TransAlaskan Pipeline in 1974 to 1976 & continued working the pipeline with my 2 brother in laws, in Prudhoe Bay for many years.
My father in law worked there until his death.

Lol lol love the term "free money"
But again I'm sure someone with a 3 or so years here know far more then those that live here or have lived here longer.

Makes me laugh to see such " expert " knowledge
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

ryoder

So it is not possible that someone did their homework and researched a topic before writing about it?
Got it.

I love travelling to the Canadian Arctic..... wonderful open people.... a spirit of helping others

I learned to avoid Alaska on the other hand.... it was like everyone was perpetually sullen and exactly the opposite...
GO AWAY... we do not want any more people here.

Just my take on having only spent about a year there over many trips and TDY's

Of course people can do their research and become very knowledgable through reading about other people's experiences.

Yes, I think there is a bit of the go away, but I would say its more of a "we want to keep what we have in resources here" type of thing.
But mostly I feel everyone is very welcoming and it's amazing how quickly it feels like you've known someone forever.

But then I will say having family here helps and it seems like a lot of people are from the WI,MN,MI area
Believe me I tried.

I hated every second living in Anchorage.

Murder warnings/ alerts go across tv screen like wx alerts.

Women were raped, killed leaving the Safeway store just going to their car.

A brutal murder 3 blocks from my home occurred at the time I lived there: Charles Meach chased & murdered 4 teens camping in the park on Debarr St.

I lived on Muldoon & Island Dr (7820 Island Dr. to be exact), at the time.

* details given if P5 needs to check it out for validity

The experiences I am aware of during the time I was there does not make me "an expert", but definitely occurred, giving me some self entitlement to participate & voice with knowledge...

In my opinion, the outlying bush areas are absolutely amazing...in beauty & the wild, but that's the most positive I can say about those areas as far as the locals go...back in the early 80's, at least.

I have no expertise, knowledge nor opinion since....

* to keep with the thread...never heard Denali referred to in any other way the entire time I was there !

skygypsie

I hated every second living in Anchorage.

Murder warnings/ alerts go across tv screen like wx alerts.

Women were raped, killed leaving the Safeway store just going to their car.

A brutal murder 3 blocks from my home occurred at the time I lived there: Charles Meach chased & murdered 4 teens camping in the park on Debarr St.

I lived on Muldoon & Island Dr (7820 Island Dr. to be exact), at the time.

* details given if P5 needs to check it out for validity

The experiences I am aware of during the time I was there does not make me "an expert", but definitely occurred, giving me some self entitlement to participate & voice with knowledge...

In my opinion, the outlying bush areas are absolutely amazing...in beauty & the wild, but that's the most positive I can say about those areas as far as the locals go...back in the early 80's, at least.

I have no expertise, knowledge nor opinion since....

* to keep with the thread...never heard Denali referred to in any other way the entire time I was there !

I personally never heard it called anything BUT Denali as a group I was with a couple times tried to summit that big pile of rock and ice.... not a single one EVER called it McKinley...and that was in the 70's when I was in the best shape of my life and hung out with some amazing alpine climbers

Come back and visit !! I promise you'll love it and have a great time !!

Of course like any large city there are areas to stay away from and areas you definitely don't want to live.

But I would LOVE for you to visit, but come when we have a chance to jump!!!
Believe me I tried.

Must be a post 1980's thing.

Even though like I mentioned my grandparents have called it McKinley.
But hey what would they know or any of us that have lived here more the a few years.

It's an amazing state and Anchorage is a fun city! Fairbanks on the other hand?? MEH
Believe me I tried.

Can we now move on to Sleeping Lady?
Would love to know people's opinions on that one.
But, again I'm probably in the minority on here when I say it sure doesn't look like a sleeping woman to me.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Can we now move on to Sleeping Lady?
Would love to know people's opinions on that one.
But, again I'm probably in the minority on here when I say it sure doesn't look like a sleeping woman to me.

It looks like a sleeping woman's feet.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well hey, Denali doesn't look like President McKinley either, but look how that ended up.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Well hey, Denali doesn't look like President McKinley either, but look how that ended up.

McKinley had white hair, the newly named Denali has white caps . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun