yoink

2 journalists shot dead on live TV in Virginia.

[:/]

Two US journalists have been shot dead during a live TV report in the state of Virginia, their employer has confirmed.

WDBJ7 TV reporter Alison Parker, 24, and cameraman Adam Ward, 27, were killed during an interview in Moneta, Bedford County, the TV station said.

During the live broadcast, shots and the reporter's screams could be heard, and the camera fell to the ground.

Police say they are investigating the incident and still searching for the suspect.

State police have denied reports that a pursuit is under way.

Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe said in a statement: "We believe it was a disgruntled employee who fired at the TV crew. Not a case of terrorism. It is a criminal case."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34062118

It is ironic that someone who seeks vengeance for a perceived wrong tends to discredit themselves and engender sympathy for those who their victims. In fact, we tend to beatify victims of assassination as a matter of course.

In this case, the assailant had complained that people were not sufficiently deferential to him, and he went out and demonstrated conclusively that, if anything, had been too nice to him.

He reportedly shot himself after being cornered by Police. Unfortunately, he was not immediately successful in his suicide attempt.

Whatever he was, his actions were detrimental to his cause.

The pussy murderer's video is pretty much impossible to find at this point, it's being removed everywhere.
I cannot believe he actually recorded himself doing a double murder.

When will we address our mental health problem in this country?

normiss

The pussy murderer's video is pretty much impossible to find at this point, it's being removed everywhere.

I don't think we have a bigger mental health problem than any other western nation.

What we have for sure is a bigger problem with our mentally ill having easy access to firearms.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

I'm just going to lump in anyone obsessively trying to upload the video or trying to find it to watch it. Seriously, what's to be learned/gained from watching it? I can hardly read the details, I will never understand the need to watch something like this.

JohnnyMarko

I'm just going to lump in anyone obsessively trying to upload the video or trying to find it to watch it. Seriously, what's to be learned/gained from watching it? I can hardly read the details, I will never understand the need to watch something like this.

Yeah. I didn't even try to click on the link. I could do without seeing that.

yoink

Yeah. I didn't even try to click on the link. I could do without seeing that.

"Any word associated with a tragedy" + "LiveLeak link" = Not fucking clicking.

That's not how we should be remembering victims.

normiss

What the fuck makes you think this is a mental health problem? Think that some therapy could have helped him? Put him on some mess and stop it?

Issue is that mental illness is a separate thing from evil. This was a cold, cruel, ruthless individual who planned it out and then executed people. For maximum effect on live TV. Then posted his own video to show what he did.

say this guy lives. Are you suggesting he should be in a hospital for the rest of his days? A mental institution because a doctor can fix him? Or even control him?

Or is this a dangerous individual that should be in a prison? He was not mentally ill. He was evil. An act of sheer evil. And to even compare him to somebody like, say, the camera guy's fiancée who is likely about to enter a pretty heavy depression is sickening.

When are we going to quit conflating evil assholes with mentally ill? Enough of it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Call it fuck all for what I care....just stop letting them get guns to act out their evil insanity shit on innocent people.
To me, that level of evil intent IS a broken human. It's not normal.

The really insane part? That we do nothing.
Every god damn time.

normiss

Call it fuck all for what I care....just stop letting them get guns to act out their evil insanity shit on innocent people.

Every god damn time.

So every mob assassin is mentally ill? I'd go so far as to say that Kuklinski was far from mentally ill. But rather a sane individual who was just plain evil.

No problem is ever solved by misdiagnosis. Of for some convenient application of blame. Terrorists flew into the twin towers so let's go after Saddam Hussein. And yet there is surprise that there is still terrorism.

Pointing the finger at mental illness means that you end up missing other stuff going on. His manifesto may shed some light on specifically what was going on.

But nobody thought Dorner was mentally ill. He was evil. Because he was educated and articulate and his statements actually resonated as a person that just snapped.

Pointing fingers right now ain't gonna work. Start off with blaming an evil act on evil. Otherwise we face the effects of errors in attribution. Which is a continuation of what we are seeing.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Every god damn time.

What do you suggest?

Derek V

Hooknswoop

Every god damn time.

What do you suggest?

Derek V

Goddamn it! I say make the bloody things as illegal and unavailable as, say, cocaine!

THAT will nip it in the bud.

Hooknswoop

Every god damn time.

What do you suggest?

Derek V

Make guns illegal.

Summary execution of anybody found to have a gun.

If nothing else it would help with over-population.

SkyDekker

Every god damn time.

What do you suggest?

Derek V

Make guns illegal.

By firing squad nonetheless.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Every god damn time.

What do you suggest?

Derek V

Make guns illegal.

but without guns - you just have the squad run up and throw the bullets at the non-conformist. really.....really......hard throws

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Every god damn time.

What do you suggest?

Derek V

Make guns illegal.

but without guns - you just have the squad run up and throw the bullets at the non-conformist. really.....really......hard throws

Ooh ooh. Anyone accused of having a gun is guilty until they prove themselves innocent. Wouldn't want any gun owners to be missed on technicalities from any of those other pesky amendments.

I mean it's for security, for the children...
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

More inclined to believe this was an evil planned act by someone who snapped than an inherently evil person.

Only once we get knowledge of his background/history will we have a better idea.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

1150AM WJBO said their reports were that the new station fired him because of anger issues, he claimed racism, and the baptist church shooting as the tipping point that caused him to shoot them.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

lawrocket

***The pussy murderer's video is pretty much impossible to find at this point, it's being removed everywhere.

What the fuck makes you think this is a mental health problem? Think that some therapy could have helped him? Put him on some mess and stop it?

Issue is that mental illness is a separate thing from evil. This was a cold, cruel, ruthless individual who planned it out and then executed people. For maximum effect on live TV. Then posted his own video to show what he did.

Quaint concept; evil as some supernatural malevolent force not in the realm of physical reality. Amazing that notions about evil as an objective, reality-based force persist in the 21st century and continue to be imputed broadly to those suffering from mental illness.

Mentally healthy people don't do what this guy did, no matter how upset they may be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.