Driver1

US Marines overpower suspected gunman on Amsterdam to Paris high speed train

Driver1

I suspect these guys were in the right place at the right time to take the gunman down before he caused any further injuries...

Oooo FUCKING Rah! B|

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/cebit/three-wounded-in-shooting-on-amsterdam-to-paris-train/ar-BBlYrvf

“The only thing that stops a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun”; Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association.

Clearly they were good men, and had guns, right?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's ironic that what could have been a really nasty attack was stopped in a country that has very restrictive gun laws by people without guns.

Seems that maybe there are better ways of safety than everyone running around with guns. The idea of a whole bunch of armed people on a packed train would be a nightmare as bad as the one that just happened.

Here in the U.S. the gun crowd would be pushing more guns to keep the evil shooters away.

Driver1

I suspect these guys were in the right place at the right time to take the gunman down before he caused any further injuries...

Oooo FUCKING Rah! B|

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/cebit/three-wounded-in-shooting-on-amsterdam-to-paris-train/ar-BBlYrvf

something strange going on here. One report I read said the marines spotted the guy in Brussels and followed him onto the train. What did they spot? Why'd they follow him? Then it said they heard the sound of him cocking the rifle when he was inside the washroom. They were sitting close enuf to hear that in a moving train?

This guy was known to police, he'd been under suspicion before. Sounds to me like they were following all along....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Seems that maybe there are better ways of safety than everyone running around with guns.

Like having your own unarmed armed forces entourage wherever you go?

The idea of a whole bunch of armed people on a packed train would be a nightmare as bad as the one that just happened.

Good thing you're just dreaming then...

mpohl

Here in the U.S. the gun crowd would be pushing more guns to keep the evil shooters away.

Ya, much like how they push for everyone to carry guns onto airplanes...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Not Marines,
USAF and National Guard, two things near and dear to me.
Great Job.
An active response is the only way to deal with these active killers.
Google ALICE training, or Run, Hide, Fight.

It's been reported the train crew did the run and hide part, letting the rest of the passengers do the fighting......go figure.....

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

mpohl

It's ironic that what could have been a really nasty attack was stopped in a country that has very restrictive gun laws by people without guns.

Seems that maybe there are better ways of safety than everyone running around with guns. The idea of a whole bunch of armed people on a packed train would be a nightmare as bad as the one that just happened.

Right, all we have to do is give the entire U.S. Population a few years of marine boot camp and basic infantry training. That's feasible.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***It's ironic that what could have been a really nasty attack was stopped in a country that has very restrictive gun laws by people without guns.

Right, all we have to do is give the entire U.S. Population a few years of marine boot camp and basic infantry training. That's feasible.:S

Latest report I saw said USAF and national guard, NOT marines.

kallend

******It's ironic that what could have been a really nasty attack was stopped in a country that has very restrictive gun laws by people without guns.

Correct about the national guard, he was starting his vacation from duty.

It sure is a good thing they had all those gun laws though. Those laws kept the gun fro hurting anyone.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********It's ironic that what could have been a really nasty attack was stopped in a country that has very restrictive gun laws by people without guns.

Correct about the national guard, he was starting his vacation from duty.

It sure is a good thing they had all those gun laws though. Those laws kept the gun fro hurting anyone.

No US cops around either!

skycop

It's been reported the train crew did the run and hide part, letting the rest of the passengers do the fighting......go figure.....

Interviewed live in Arras, France, Chris Norman, a British-South African businessman said there were a total of 5 people actively involved in subduing the man, there were the USAF & Guard men, an American student, himself, and "the French train conductor".

I saw this interview on CBC in Canada. I'm not sure if the US media bothered to carry it.

Not diminishing the efforts of the American service men, and not challenging you personally, but nobody should get too cocky with wearisome nonsense about French responses to violence or conflict.

aphid

***It's been reported the train crew did the run and hide part, letting the rest of the passengers do the fighting......go figure.....

Interviewed live in Arras, France, Chris Norman, a British-South African businessman said there were a total of 5 people actively involved in subduing the man, there were the USAF & Guard men, an American student, himself, and "the French train conductor".

I saw this interview on CBC in Canada. I'm not sure if the US media bothered to carry it.

Not diminishing the efforts of the American service men, and not challenging you personally, but nobody should get too cocky with wearisome nonsense about French responses to violence or conflict.

You mean like when they built their new tank?

It could go faster in reverse than it could go forward.

turtlespeed

******It's been reported the train crew did the run and hide part, letting the rest of the passengers do the fighting......go figure.....

While I have no particular love of the French, let's not forget that they did more to win WWI than the USA did. Far, far more. And they did equally as well in Vietnam as the USA.

kallend

*********It's been reported the train crew did the run and hide part, letting the rest of the passengers do the fighting......go figure.....

While I have no particular love of the French, let's not forget that they did more to win WWI than the USA did. Far, far more. And they did equally as well in Vietnam as the USA.

What was it like back then for you? Did you have to get in the trenches?

That's why I said "it's been reported".
A French actor was quoted that he observed crew members run and lock themselves in a compartment.
Initial media reports are often wrong, it's called Run, Hide, Fight. Not everyone has the disposition to fight.

You may be making assumptions on implications in my post that were not intended.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I don't think that's what is needed.
And I don't think, by the account, that is what it took.

Being citizens, NO UNIFORM, is enough.
Being man enough to take charge.

One doesn't have to be f*** soldier to have balls!!
In your sorry world maybe.

P.S.: Not a US-less Soldier, but a beautiful video no less. Guy got balls. :) Perfect sit, sub-terminal. He must have skydiving experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ox62y4zsE

turtlespeed

***It's ironic that what could have been a really nasty attack was stopped in a country that has very restrictive gun laws by people without guns.

kallend

“The only thing that stops a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun”; Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association.

Clearly they were good men, and had guns, right?

Most of the articles I'm seeing says the AK-47 was jammed, and the handgun was missing it's magazine, so that certainly made things easier for the good guys.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SkyDekker

+1

Yup, people in Europe get shot at alarmingly higher rates than in the US....
But they are certainly trying to up their game the last few years....[:/]

skycop

Not Marines,
USAF and National Guard, two things near and dear to me.
Great Job.
An active response is the only way to deal with these active killers.
Google ALICE training, or Run, Hide, Fight.

Go figure, earliest reports said Marines, but as we know, details that first come out aren't always true. Great job nonetheless for those who got involved.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

>and "the French train conductor".

Wow - this is turning into quite the right wing nightmare. A gunman subdued - without a gun. One of the people who subdued him was French! And it was on a - HIGH SPEED TRAIN!

It looked like this would be a great gloating thread, but then the facts started not measuring up to their promise . . .

That's a nasty allegation to throw around. The chances of there being even one member of train crew in any given carriage are slim. The chances of there being multiple crew (outside of the buffet car) are basically zero.

Then there's a question of opportunity. If you're close to and/or behind the guy you may be pretty confident of getting hands on the guy before he can shoot you. If you're 20 feet away and in front of him are you going to charge at him down the barrel of an automatic weapon? I doubt it.

But yeah, let's bag on the ticket inspector and the waiters for not being John Rambo.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?